shape
carat
color
clarity

A setting for Acinom's green sugarloaf Paraiba???

What should Acinom's setting for a green cab Paraiba look like?

• Keep it simple: a simple bezel and shank will do

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A simple bezel but adorned with diamonds in the shank

• An organic looking setting

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Halo it with tiny white diamonds

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Halo it with blue sapphires

• Halo it with pink sapphires

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Halo it with green tsavorites

• Different... I will tell you below

• Total voters

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahem...
Let's pretend I would buy a green cabochon sugarloaf cushiony Paraiba in 2015. How should I set it??? I really could use some inspiration from you all

The dimensions would be: 11.30 x 9.20 x 7.20 (hypothetical offcourse) :twisted:

Requirements for the setting:
- rose gold
- it should not resemble my blue Paraiba ring
- safe setting
- in appearance suitable for everyday wear (though it would be an occasional ring)

And it would resemble this:

_24113.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's already a biggish size, I vote for a delicate halo like your first pic or something similar.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh some great choices but these are my top 2 preferences.

_24120.jpg

_24121.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like this?

_53.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In seriousness, I'd keep it simple due to the size of the cabochon. I'd probably do just a bit of bling much like the ruby cabochon setting.

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
missy|1415972865|3783362 said:
completely agree with missy's choices, those are my two favorite looks!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1415971288|3783351 said:
Just want to say, I love your pretend world! ;-) :naughty:

:lol: :lol:
How where you planning to set the cab Paraiba you ordered but sent back later. Do you have any additional ideas?
And... Have you received your tourmaline yet? I cannot wait to see your own pics of the stone.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1415972772|3783361 said:
It's already a biggish size, I vote for a delicate halo like your first pic or something similar.

Thanks Arkieb!! I really love that one. Although I am not sure whether I want another halo ring. It would be lovely with this type of stone though. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dawnxcui|1415975109|3783379 said:
missy|1415972865|3783362 said:
completely agree with missy's choices, those are my two favorite looks!!

Thank you Missy, Dawnxcui and Loverskites :wavey: . It's great to get your advice. It is really helpful for me that you are sharing your top 2.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1415974396|3783369 said:
In seriousness, I'd keep it simple due to the size of the cabochon. I'd probably do just a bit of bling much like the ruby cabochon setting.

You posted quite a spectacular ring Chrono 8-)
Thanks for sharing your view. I really appreciate this.
Do you know which (budget friendly) PS vendor frequently works with cabochons?

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
How where you planning to set the cab Paraiba you ordered but sent back later. Do you have any additional ideas?
And... Have you received your tourmaline yet? I cannot wait to see your own pics of the stone.

I was like you - I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted a halo. Here are a few from my cab folder. Oh, and here's a video of the first one (to better see it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOHu4XZdfcc

Unfortunately, I haven't yet, but I really hope it arrives today! Thank you for asking. :)

wingate-handcrop.jpg

40683main.jpg

1364508114_30_1_5228_cabochon_emerald_and_platinum_diamond_art_deco_ring__1_of_6_.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1415978661|3783412 said:
Acinom said:

I was like you - I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted a halo. Here are a few from my cab folder. Oh, and here's a video of the first one (to better see it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOHu4XZdfcc

Unfortunately, I haven't yet, but I really hope it arrives today! Thank you for asking. :)

I feel we have the same taste when it comes to jewelry. Also, I just saved that ring from Lang in my folder as well. Thank you for sharing your cab ring preferences Sparklie :wavey: . I love love love the first design: simple but with a touch of bling on the side(s).

Happy waiting for your green tour :wavey:

S

SparkliesLuver

:) You're very welcome, Acinom. Love to help! Yes, that Lang design is gorgeous. And I'm quite fond of the first one too (hence the hunting to find the matching video!).

haha Thank you. :wall:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the one in the video that SL shared. Anyone able to to screen grab the profile? I have a cabochon coming and think this will be perfect for it.

Acinom,
Can you define what is budget friendly to you? $2K range? $4K range?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah!! Did you find the video???
And do you happen to know who the designer is of the blue ring?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaah! The video has been there all the time . Big hug and will take a look now :read:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, SL. They are going into my inspirational folder right now. :))

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono said:
I LOVE the one in the video that SL shared. Anyone able to to screen grab the profile? I have a cabochon coming and think this will be perfect for it.

I just posted the website. Do you still need screen grabs from the video? Let me know. I'd be happy to.
Again, for reference: http://trumpetandhorn.com/wingate.html

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd halo it with a lot of bling, with tiny pink sapphires or diamond that cascade into white diamonds. It can also be organic, something like this tsavorite cab ring, but imagine pink diamonds/sapphires instead of the tsavorite melee. You could do rose gold as well. :naughty:

tsavorite_cab_0.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SL,
My laptop wants to save it as a website link, rather than individual jpeg pictures. Can you please help me?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1415979602|3783422 said:
Yes, I did! Sorry, I edited the thread to include it. See above, please.
ETA: Also, see here: :)

http://trumpetandhorn.com/wingate.html

Chrono, I can. Just give me a few...
:lol: . I seriously was questioning myself for not reading carefully. It's amazing in the video as well!!! :love:

Some screen dumps for Chrono:

_24136.jpg

_24137.jpg

_24138.jpg

_24139.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono said:
SL,
My laptop wants to save it as a website link, rather than individual jpeg pictures. Can you please help me?

Just saved several. Let me know if you still want them (since Acinom just posted some).

haha Glad you like it too, Acinom! No worries - I didn't point out that I edited the thread. Guess I was too excited. :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results