shape
carat
color
clarity

Real or Costume?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Are you going to wear real pearls and or real diamond jewelry or will you go costume? Just wondering what the other ladies are doing. I kind of want to wear real jewelry so I that I can wear it again but then I don''t want to spend a lot of money, but I don''t want to buy something real that I''ll never wear again. Here are my ideas for wedding day jewelry.

PearlandDiamond.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I understand. I am trying to decide if I will get real or cz jewelry as well. I think in the long run I would be happier if I get real b/c I can wear them more/pass them down/ they will last forever but it is hard to fork over the dough when there is SO much to pay for.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Exactly! What''s a girl to do
33.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Lets try again.
I was thinking of doing sterling silver because it's a lot cheaper than platinum.

st1.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I keep hoping that someone will tell me about some pearls that I''ve suddenly inherited, but it never happens. I would prefer to wear something real, but I think we''re spending a mint on my eternity ring, so it might not happen. We ARE getting married in the USVI, perhaps we can buy some duty free pearls when we are down there.
I think that the thought have having something real would be very meaningful as a famliy heirloom someday---but I''m also really really greedy
31.gif
and would love the chance to invest in something nice!

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
If any of you do opt for the fake pearl route, I might suggest looking into Majorica pearls. They are glass beads that are coated with 30-50 layers of mother of pearl. This allows them to have a similar sheen as real pearls and the glass beads mimic the weight. They aren''t cheap though.

If you can justify it in your head--I say go for the real thing! It''d be a great lasting memory you could potentially give to your daughter when she gets married...

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I like the jewelry you posted, but my least favorite are the first one and the last one. The reason why is because the last one is too "casual" to me. Unless you are having an informal wedding, you don't really want to wear something that people may thing you'll wear in the club or a night on the town. And the first ones are just too common to me. I have had 10, count em, 10 pairs of earrings that look EXACTLY like that. The pearl drop earrings to me are much more classy and elegant and I love the bracelet.

As for whether real or costume, it depends on whether you will ever wear them again and how long you want them to last. I personally don't have a hard time keeping costume jewelry for a long time. Most of my jewelry is real because my mom always bought me real jewelry and I hardly ever buy any for myself. Either way, no one will really know the difference, nor will they care on your wedding day. They'll care about you!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Which are you girls wearing pearls, diamonds, or platinum/Silver?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
lmurden-
I have the exact same problem - I want something beautiful and *real* to wear, but the cost is... prohibitive to say the least! I may end up borrowing my mother''s pearls, depending how that matches with my gown, but otherwise I will have my bm make some sterling jewelry with swarovski crystals to match my gown which has some scattered crystals on the bodice.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh,
Crystals isn''t a bad option, is it?
I hadn''t thought of crystals.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I dont know how busy you were thinking but what about something like this?
CH-579PL.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Aphisiglovessae, you are right the drop pearls are really great for a wedding, but now I am thinking of Chandellier Earrings.

Matatora, I''m not wearing a necklace just a pair of stunning earrings and a bracelet.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
hey! I already own a diamond pendant, earrings and bracelet, so that will be my "something old". I want them to become a family heirloom and be extra special for my grandkids,etc, knowing i wore them on my wedding day!

My earrings and pendant are platinum, my tennis bracelet is 18k white gold. I am a "silver" girl all the way.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 8:17:53 PM
Author: aphisiglovessae
ooooOOOOooooo!
30.gif

Those are really nice... Where''d you find those?
QVC, The Joan Rivers Collection

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 7:46:42 PM
Author: lmurden
Aphisiglovessae, you are right the drop pearls are really great for a wedding, but now I am thinking of Chandellier Earrings.

Matatora, I''m not wearing a necklace just a pair of stunning earrings and a bracelet.

I am going to wear earrings and a bracelet (no necklace) also. I have thought a lot about this today and I found earrings I really like (well many versions) for between $200-$300 SO I am going to buy real diamond earrings BUT a CZ bracelet
b/c there is no way I could afford the look I want.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I posted these in another thread..but they are from James Avery one of my all time favorites!
EP1500PL14.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2005 11:09:02 AM
Author: Matatora
I posted these in another thread..but they are from James Avery one of my all time favorites!
EP1500PL14.jpg
Those are pretty too.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
The jewelry ideas you posted are lovely! I can''t wait to hear what you choose.

I will be wearing real diamond earrrings that my grandma gave me. Not sure what else, but I know that if I could afford buying real jewelry, I would. I dunno how that''ll turn out!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Here is a thread that is all about the blingy earrings. I posted a few pairs I have from QVC.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t plan on wearing much jewelry because I have a crown that''s huge and will be plenty of bling. I plan on just wearing some diamond studs with a diamond solitaire necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results