shape
carat
color
clarity

Nov. 06 wedding ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am starting the wedding ideas hunt. so far i have pics of the church we plan to marry in. i''m thinking of only doing flowers on every other pew only in the front section (13 pews in front- so every other one - about 7 on each side= 14)

when i have pics of the reception venue, i''ll post those too.

right now i could use all the idea help possible!

here''s the pic of the outside of the church- i was thinking of a heart-shaped wreath on the doors.

cathedraloutside.jpg

rms

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to say that is such a beautiful church!! I suppose I won''t be much help with the deco though. We got married in a similar church and to be honest, the only deco I did was a couple of flower arrangements around the alter. I will be interested to see what you decide to do.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
jcrow that church is breathtaking!!! I don''t think it needs a lot, the place speaks for itself. I like the idea of a wreath on the doors, and every other row should be sufficient. And maybe two at both sides of the altar, or one on the altar.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
awe, thanks! i know it''s probably going to be too big a church for about 100 guests, but that''s the church i always pictured getting married in.

i spoke to the florist about decorating the church. she agreed it didn''t need much. she didn''t say anything about a large alter arrangement. (though the large arrangements in the pic are nice!!) she''s the one who suggested the wreath on the doors. i don''t think i''ll do any on the side enterances, just the front. and she thought the floweres on every other pew in the front sounded good....

now if i could only get a color scheme together.....

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - what a gorgeous church!

I''m not sure where you are from - it looks like warm climate!! Even so, i think fall colors for november. I always dreamed i would get married in November, but my plans changedand i did a summer wedding. If I had the opportunity to do a november wedding, here is what I would do:

colors: - think of all the pretty leaves changing!!

BM dresses: gold, bronze, copper, Brown, coffee, mocha, chocolate

with

flowers: red, burgundy, cream, green hypericum maybe a few branches..

So maybe the church could have a heart shaped wreath of burgundy roses - ooh, so nice! Or if the door is dark, maybe cream roses, for contrast.

Whatever you choose, i''m sure it will be lovely, and please keep us posted!! :)

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful church!!!!!
30.gif

I love Fall!!! I think it would be cool to have flower girls through leaves walking down the aisle instead of flowers. Or I was thinking of I had a fall wedding, I would use Sunflowers (my favorite flower) for the center pieces, with candles lit around them and throw leaves around the table.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
treysar- thanks! such great ideas.

yes- it's a catholic church in the south- Louisiana to be specific- built in 1821.

at first i was thinking eggplant and cyledon. eggplant dresses and green orchid bouquets & white orchid bouquet for me.

then - when i saw the possible reception venue- if we have it inside, the walls are a terracotta color ( more pink than brown ). i didn't know if that would work.

oh- and the chairs are gold - the bamboo looking ones. i LOVE them.

this brought me to mocha dresses & soft pink flowers like peonies. well- i just don't know if that's not fall enough.

???

do you think it's possible to do one side of the heart wreath on one side of the door, and the other half on the other?? does that work? can it work?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that''s a beautiful church!
emthup.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i just found this pic, and although i can''t tell what flowers are used, this is the color scheme i may go with for the flowers.

i am going with my to-be bridesmaid saturday to scope out dresses. so far for them, i am thinking a mocha would look nice. and maybe i could do a coral/peach pashmina for a gift to them. if we have the reception outside, they could wear them.

but- if we have the outside, i am not sure the ambiance will be the same as in this pic. so many decisions!

what do you think?

centerpiecelowchandler.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

The church is beautiful.

I think you should probably use a peachy pink instead of a pink pink for your flowers if you want a fall-ish feeling. It''s very pretty. My wedding was in November this year, and I used red, peach, green, white and purple for me and red, peach and green for my BMs (they worn "mango" color dress). It was still fall-ish but brighter.

The centerpiece you posted is very pretty too.

Here''s a picture:

kiki_n_BMs.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i went dress shopping yesterday.... thought i''d post some pics. it''s a bit frustrating. i know what i am looking for exists, it''s just hard finding it-- and here''s hoping it''s in my price range. anyway- here''s one dress i tried on. it''s a bit big, so don''t mind me holding it up.

dressfitfront.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here''s the same dress- the back. the train is plain. no detail, just pretty fabric. i think it would bustle pretty.

dressback1.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
That dress is amazing, and it looks gorgeous on you! Who makes it?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks! i think it''s moonlight?

it''s a heavy dress. i''m only 5 foot. it''s definitely the look i am going for, i just hope i can handle that much dress all day...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ok- i did a search. i think this is the dress on the model.

MOONF031018l.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks so beautiful.

Just a little trivial knowledge. When you look at the pictures of this church and you look at the ceiling... you are looking at a curved type of ceiling to represent a boat. The boat is flipped over to shelter those inside and protect them from the ''outside'' Many older churches and tradtional high churches are made in this construction.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Like this picture.... If you look at the ceiling it is the insode of a boat.. flipped over to shelter those inside from the elements of the world outside.

boat church.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2005 8:55:13 PM
Author: MINE!!
Everything looks so beautiful.

Just a little trivial knowledge. When you look at the pictures of this church and you look at the ceiling... you are looking at a curved type of ceiling to represent a boat. The boat is flipped over to shelter those inside and protect them from the ''outside'' Many older churches and tradtional high churches are made in this construction.

hum- i never knew that!

i know it''s a very old church. beside it there is a super old oak tree. i think it''s over 450 years old and is the second largest oak in the US?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i went back to try that same dress on for my cousin. i think it''s a real contender, although we are going to go looking in houston in a few weekends.

dressselfpic.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i also have pics of the reception venue. here is the front.

frontoftownhouse.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
with this place, we have several options.

the front entrance is used if we book the upstairs banquet room. this is a rough idea of that room. the arrangement on the chandelier is just for the holidays. the chairs shown would be those used.

insidebanquet.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here is the bar upstairs for the banquet room. sorry it''s so blurry.

barinbanquet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results