shape
carat
color
clarity

Most romantic movie moments?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
After suggesting a romantic movie-moment compilation video in lieu of the traditional slideshow at receptions in this thread... the idea has REALLY been growing on me!

So, what are your favorite romantic movie (or TV) moments?

(Here is an older thread of the same theme, for those interested
1.gif
)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine would be:

1) Love Actually: Jamie goes to Portugal to profess his love and propose to Aurelia (in broken Portugese), and she accepts (in broken English), and says she learned English "just in cases."

2) Where the Heart Is: Novalee shows up at Forny's school, and tells him she lied about loving him because she thought he deserved something better. Forny says, "Something better than you? Novalee, there isn't anything better than you." (I still cry every time I see this moment!)

3) Ever After: Prince Henry "rescues" Danielle from Pierre Le Pieu, and puts her mother's "glass slipper" on her foot.

4) 50 First Dates: Lucy wakes up on the boat in the final scene, and watches the video that Henry made for her... showing their entire love story to this point.

5) The Office (TV): Pam is interviewing on-camera, saying that all she wants is for Jim to be happy, then Jim pops in and asks her on a date. She looks at the camera, tearing up. (me too!)

6) Sleepless in Seattle: I don't even have to say it, you know! (when they finally meet at the end!)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you ever seen Cinema Paradiso? I won''t give it away if you haven''t ... don''t wanna ruin a great film!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, great movie, one of my all time favorites!

I love the scene in the Notebook where she comes back to him and he tells her wrote her 365 letters, one a day for a year, and tells her it is not over, grabs her and they kiss. WOW that was so romantic to me.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
great thread! i''m not yet a bride but somehow came upon this post

one gem :

princess bride -- "as you wiiiish"

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
The 1995 pride and prejudice when Mr Darcy writes the letter explaining his love
Dangereous beauty when Rufus Seual (sp) stands up for his love
In Amelie when they actually meet for the first time
Anything in princess bride, I really love that movie
10 things I hate about you when heath ledger is singing with the band
In brokeback mountain when they see each other for the first time after working together

I really don''t watch a lot of chickficks so I don''t see that many

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
sound of music - when maria and the captain sing "something good"

of course -- say anything - when john cusak''s character lloyd dobbler holds the boom box that is playing "in your eyes

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 8:37:30 PM
Author: musey
Mine would be:

1) Love Actually: Jamie goes to Portugal to profess his love and propose to Aurelia (in broken Portugese), and she accepts (in broken English), and says she learned English ''just in cases.''
OMG, Musey- this was THE moment I thought of when I read your post!

Just had to pop on here quickly to let you know. I''ll think of more and be back later- gotta run.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Reaching into the "obscure John Hughes movie" drawer...The garage scene in Some Kind of Wonderful, when Drummer girl (Mary Stuart Masterton) shows Eric Stoltz how to PROPERLY kiss a girl...wow. His later scenes with Leah Thompson kinda pale in comparison, even the "You''re wearing my future on your ears" line.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am sucker for anythingIts A Wonderful Life. I adore it. There are so many romantic scenes...not necessarily just between George and Mary. But of course their kiss while Sam Wainwright is on the phone. "George, George, George..." It is electric. Is tops with me. And the scene of the honeymoon suite set up... "Welcome Home George Bailey" Gets me everytime.

Anything from Somewhere in Time (Seymour and Reeves) goose bumps.

Casablanca-it isn''t a specific scene that is the most with me...but that he loves her enough to...(don''t want to give it away).

Penny Serenade-my favorote scene is actually when he is addressing the judge

Dr Zivago. (too many to list-the ice house I guess.)

Love Is A Many Spendored Thing linky (I guess the tree thing)

To Have And Have Not (whistle)

An Affair to Remember

On Golden Pond

The only new movie I have seen is the Notebook. Grandslam on romance. If you rent it...watch the extras. The deleted scenes...oh dear I can''t believe I am confessing I watched them. (don''t tell anyone-this is afterall just between you and me, right?).

I realize you asked for scenes...some old ones as I mentioned are packed with scenes. Some movies aren''t kissy romantic, but heart warming romantic...so I find it hard to seperate the two. As I think romance is more than just chemistry. Effort..sacrifice...thoughtfulness. A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is one to make my point. Not kissy romantic, but sentimental caring and loving. I suppose Somewhere in Time wins for me for kissy timeless romance. I love all old movies...but for the life of me I can''t think of any at this moment....I bet I''ll be back.

DKS

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 9:50:02 PM
Author: ringster

princess bride -- ''as you wiiiish''

Ha--I was just thinking that! It''d be a great light-hearted moment, "Oh my dear, sweet Westley! *Throws self down hill*"

Another one of my favorites is Playing By Heart--I won''t give it away, but GREAT movie.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
DKS you have great taste in movies! Definitely the telephone scene from It''s a Wonderful Life - I had forgotten all about that! And the honeymoon "cottage"! LOL

Return to Me when David Duchovny goes to Italy to tell Minnie Driver that he loves her. Also when he tells her family and friends that he''ll always miss his dead wife Liz, but he "aches" for Grace.

Sound of Music when Maria and Von Trapp declare their love for one another in the spring house (gazebo, whatever it is) Lots of sexual tension there!

South Pacific: France Nuyen in love with the Lt. Cable (John Kerr). This relationship, of course, was all about sex when it started, but he doesn''t expect to feel so deeply about her; he just thought he was having fun.

And France Nuyen again in Diamond Head, in love with Charlton Heston. Again, cultural norms dictate that he just have his fun on the side with the Asian woman, but he discovers, too late, that he really loves her. She''s really good in her part; he is doing his usual overacting.

And, I would have to say, any Cary Grant movie of the 40''s or 50''s is going to have some very sexy kissing scenes.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Gone With the Wind- After Melanie dies, Scarlett realizes that she loved Rhett the whole time and runs to him, only to find that he is leaving her.

Armageddon- When Ben Affleck's character is about to board the space ship and he starts singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane"

Fiddler on the Roof- When they sing "Do You Love Me".. so sweet!

And finally, on the last episode of Friends when Rachel got off the plane..

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
What about in the movie the Wedding Date (about halfway through)- Debra Messing and Dermont Mulroney are laying side by side in the bed the day before the wedding and she says something like "You know everything about me and my crazy family and I dont know anything about you... tell me something no one else knows" and he says (I know this line for sure
31.gif
) "I think even if we had never met I''d still miss you when you''re gone."

Ahhh- good lines and an excellent movie!! (FI even enjoys it so that says a lot!)

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Okay, how cute would it be if you had a compilation of scenes like from the 10 Things I Hate about You or Top Gun where the guys are singing to the girls...and then your brand new hubby sang to you a song that meant something to you?!?! My FI loves to sing to me, but would NEVER do it in front of a crowd...but if there are any outgoing guys out there, I think that would make me just melt!

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
Hmm some I love (ok now i have urges to watch these again!!):
Tv Moment:
1. Sex and the City, Season 6 - Harry proposes to Charlotte... this scene I can honestly say I''ve watched a dozen times.

Movie Moments:
1. Before Sunset - the last scene
2. Jerry Maguire - "you had me at hello" (tons of other scenes)
3. Eternal Sunshine - "Ok" through the last scene
4. Say Anything - holding up the stereo
5. Romeo & Juliet - Danes & Dicaprio at the masquerade
6. My Best Friend''s Wedding - Dancing on the boat
7. Persuasion- 1990s version - The scene with the parade

Other movies I love just can''t think of a specific moment:
Shakespeare in Love, Ground Hogs Day, About a Boy, Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany''s, Disney movies (Beauty & The Beast, Sleeping Beauty etc.),

Classics: Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, Pretty in Pink

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lady Hawke... the last scene with her laughter ringing out the in church. As well as the day to night change moments.

Walk the line... last proposal is MY FAVORITE, most romantic movie moment ever.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results