shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress Pics from my big shopping trip!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! My mom and I went dress shopping yesterday and I tried on a TON of dresses. I was so exhausted by the end, I didn''t even care how they looked. Thank goodness for the camera. I still have two favorites from one salon that wouldn''t let me take pics...grrr. But, I''ll post the internet photos of those two first. The Judd Waddell fits like a glove (or would when it is my size) and is probably more flattering to my figure, but the Vera Wang has such an amazing silhouette that everyone commented on it when I tried it on. These are probably my absolute favorites at this point...I wish I could have taken photos for you guys to see...I need PS advice!

JuddWaddellvVeraWang.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, now get ready for a ton of pics. I''m actually hoping some of you girls on here may be looking at some of these dresses online and my photos can be of some help. First, here''s one by Melissa Sweet, though I can''t remember the name of it. It doesn''t come with the sash, but we added it.

MelissaSweetFrontRuffleInternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And the back...I LOVE the back of this one...I only wish the front looked better.

MelissaSweetBackRuffleInternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And this is the Melissa Sweet Lia, which looked GREAT from the back and side, but once again, I wasn't in love with the front (there was something about the lines of the bust area that just didn't flatter my chest).

MelissaSweetLiaMirrorInternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And this is a Priscilla of Boston I''ve seen in a ton of ads...

PriscillaofBostonFrontInternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
This next one is also a Priscilla of Boston that has a silhouette that is VERY similar to the Vera Wang I love, except with little straps...

PriscillaofBostonMermaidFrontInternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s another Priscilla of Boston that I really liked, except I think I want a mermaid silhouette instead of the modified A-line.

PriscillaofBostonLaceFrontInternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I think this one shows it better...it''s beautiful...I love the detail...

PriscillaofBostonLaceCloseInternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t remember who makes this next one, but it wasn''t one of my favorites on me...

UnknownCrissCrossInternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, last one, just for fun. I''ve seen this one in a ton of ads, so I had to try it on. It was so comfy and cute! Too bad FI immediately vetoed it (I knew he would). :) (Yes, I''ve showed him the photos, since I don''t think I''ll probably get any of these -- well, who knows). But I just wanted to share them all with you guys because I know I love seeing the photos from when everyone else tries dresses on.

MelissaSweetFrontPoofInternet.JPG

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I really like the Vera Wang the best...I wish they would let you take pics!! BTW, you look great in all of these dresses!! How are you going to decide??
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are such a slim beautiful lady!

I liked the first Pricilla best... the details on both the Pricilla''s are so special and add such richness that I really favored them. Especially with your very elegant figure you can carry off the details-- whereas they would look a little busy on others I think.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you are lucky to be able to take pics! Most places do not seem to allow this. I like that Vera Wang you posted. You didn''t ask opinions, but I like the 2nd Pricilla of Boston on you.
2.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I love the skirt on the second Priscilla; but I don''t love those straps. Compared to the things you got to take pictures in, I bet the Judd Waddel is a knockout on you! Your favorite Vera is great, but it''s hard to tell how the top would look without seeing it on you. Looks like you had fun!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh how little are you!
10.gif
Another vote for the first Priscilla you posted! (with the silk bands going across and floral detailing) Something about the way it hangs so elegantly and highlights your slim figure.
1.gif
Very very flattering and classy. The others seem a little busy (not a fan of the bubbley look, overly dramatic draping, nor big trains on a petite gal like yourself) and looked a little overwhelming on your tiny frame. I think that for petites, simple sillhouettes are best!

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Facetfire,

You have great taste! :) I couldn''t believe it when I opened your thread and saw the pictures, you''re at the White Dress! I went several weeks ago to try on gowns. Such a darling little store. I tried on many of the same dresses too! I ended up finding my dream dress at another store in the area though (probably the same one you went to that wouldn''t allow pictures).

Anyway, I actually like the first Melissa Sweet the best on you (the one you added a sash to). It''s the most flattering on you of all of them -- although they''re all very pretty and you look great in them. I do like the Vera, except for the bubble hem -- but that''s just me, maybe you like that type of hem. Everything about the first Melissa Sweet looked great on you though -- the shape, the train, the top, and the back.

What type of shoes are you going with? I really liked their option of the custom made shoes from London. But I may have to live out another dream and go with some Manolos. or Jimmy Choos.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh i love the first Priscilla on you...the back is just DIVINE and i love the satin stripes. and i also like the 2nd Priscilla with the fluffy stuff on the bottom of the hem....it looks like butter satin ruffles. Very flattering on you...and unique!! Those are my two faves. I think I might like the 2nd Priscilla better than the first. It just looked great.

I agree the Lia looks a little odd in those pictures and I didn't like the one you didn't remember the name of either. I didn't really like the 3rd Priscilla after seeing how great the 2nd looked. You have a wonderful figure though!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I love the Lia!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 6:18:29 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~I really like the Vera Wang the best...I wish they would let you take pics!! BTW, you look great in all of these dresses!! How are you going to decide??
2.gif
I am so frustrated they won''t allow pics. I really think you should be able to see how a dress will photograph on you. The photos are such an important thing! For example, looking back at the pics, I really like the first Priscilla because of how well it photographs, though it didn''t amaze me in the store. What if I pick the Judd or Vera and they don''t photograph well? That would be a major bummer. I have no idea how I''m going to pick though. I''m definitely going to have to go back for at least one more look at the Judd and the Vera.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 6:22:04 PM
Author: mercoledi
I love the skirt on the second Priscilla; but I don''t love those straps. Compared to the things you got to take pictures in, I bet the Judd Waddel is a knockout on you! Your favorite Vera is great, but it''s hard to tell how the top would look without seeing it on you. Looks like you had fun!
The top on the Vera is my only hestitation. It doesn''t exactly follow the lines of my figure, it kind of thickens the waist a touch and flattens the boobs because of the boning and stiff fabric. But I think alterations could help that too. But the Judd is amazing...though it is more feminine that I originially wanted...oh, such a hard choice! :)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 6:24:49 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Gosh how little are you!
10.gif
Another vote for the first Priscilla you posted! (with the silk bands going across and floral detailing) Something about the way it hangs so elegantly and highlights your slim figure.
1.gif
Very very flattering and classy. The others seem a little busy (not a fan of the bubbley look, overly dramatic draping, nor big trains on a petite gal like yourself) and looked a little overwhelming on your tiny frame. I think that for petites, simple sillhouettes are best!
You are so nice. I''m actually not that petite at all. I''m 5''6" and about 135 lbs. I do have narrow hips and shoulders though, so you''re right, some things do overwhelm me anyway. I love that first Priscilla too, but FI isn''t a big fan. I think he wants something more dramatic and unique that I wouldn''t ever wear for any other kind of occasion.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 7:40:14 PM
Author: ellewoods
Facetfire,

You have great taste! :) I couldn''t believe it when I opened your thread and saw the pictures, you''re at the White Dress! I went several weeks ago to try on gowns. Such a darling little store. I tried on many of the same dresses too! I ended up finding my dream dress at another store in the area though (probably the same one you went to that wouldn''t allow pictures).

Anyway, I actually like the first Melissa Sweet the best on you (the one you added a sash to). It''s the most flattering on you of all of them -- although they''re all very pretty and you look great in them. I do like the Vera, except for the bubble hem -- but that''s just me, maybe you like that type of hem. Everything about the first Melissa Sweet looked great on you though -- the shape, the train, the top, and the back.

What type of shoes are you going with? I really liked their option of the custom made shoes from London. But I may have to live out another dream and go with some Manolos. or Jimmy Choos.
9.gif
Yeah, I actually LOVE bubble hems...I feel like I''m floating. I think they are a huge personal taste thing though. No idea about shoes or anything like that yet...just dress shopping at this point. What dress did you end up with?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 7:49:13 PM
Author: Mara
oooh i love the first Priscilla on you...the back is just DIVINE and i love the satin stripes. and i also like the 2nd Priscilla with the fluffy stuff on the bottom of the hem....it looks like butter satin ruffles. Very flattering on you...and unique!! Those are my two faves. I think I might like the 2nd Priscilla better than the first. It just looked great.

I agree the Lia looks a little odd in those pictures and I didn''t like the one you didn''t remember the name of either. I didn''t really like the 3rd Priscilla after seeing how great the 2nd looked. You have a wonderful figure though!
Thanks! I''m surprised at all the votes for the first Priscilla. I thought it looked too simple on me even with the interesting stripes and beading...I think I''m big into silhouettes and this one was very straight. I think that if we decide to have a slightly more casual wedding it might be in the running. No idea why my FI doesn''t really like it though. I think it photographs the best out of all of them.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 6:19:15 PM
Author: Gypsy
You are such a slim beautiful lady!

I liked the first Pricilla best... the details on both the Pricilla''s are so special and add such richness that I really favored them. Especially with your very elegant figure you can carry off the details-- whereas they would look a little busy on others I think.
Thanks...you are so nice! I do tend to like the more simple dresses, so I was surprised when I liked this one with all the stripes and beading. It''s a very nicely done dress...very detailed without being too busy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results