shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Tiffany replica solitaire do you like the best?

Which Tiffany replica solitaire do you like best?

• Leon Mege

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • SuperbCert

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys, I have decided to reset my 2 ct RB into a classic Tiffany 6-prong solitiare. This is going to be my long term "temp" setting until my 10th wedding anniversary (in 7 years). Then I''m going to get a Leon with sidestones. But for now, I need a new solitaire setting. We are trying to stay under $2K since this won''t be my "forever" setting. I recently ran a poll on different solitaire settings, and decided that I''m partial to 6 prongs, and I''m really loving the classic Tiffany look.

But, now I need to decide who to go with to do the ring - Whiteflash, SuperbCert, or Leon Mege ...

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
You have only give us one choice
33.gif
Nevermind...

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of MaryAlaina''s WF solitaire:

maryawf.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Another pic of MaryAlaina''s WF:

marywfside.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s is sna77''s SuperbCert - sorry the pic is kind of blurry:

snatop2.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Another pic of sna77''s SuperbCert:

snaside2.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
And finally, here''s a pic of the Leon "Tulip" head. He doesn''t post any pics of the front of the ring on his website, so I don''t know what the prongs would look like from the top, but it''s a Leon, so I imagine they''re nice.

Also, I would not have the pave band - just either a plain platinum comfort fit or knife edge style band instead of the pave.

leontiff.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a profile shot of Demelza''s old SuperbCert setting - I''m adding it because the others were a little blurry - I wish I could pull a pic from their website:

demelzasc.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think as far as just the head goes the SuperbCert is the closest approximation of the Tiffany head. However, it doesn''t appear to have the knife edge shank that Tiffany does and you didn''t state whether or not that is something you want.

I made a thread a long time ago with all sorts of different Tiffany 6-prong heads. I am embarrassed to bring it up because I was such a newb but I think I dug up around 9 settings. I remember thinking at the time that Dimend Scaasi was the best repro of the Tiffany head. Have you checked their version out?

Dimend Scaasi 6-Prong Tiffany Replica

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
The SuperbCert has a better flow to it. That''s the only way I can explain what I see. Plus I''m thinking Leon''s prongs has more of his signature "claw" look to them than rounded ones. So the SuperbCert would hold a closer look as any of the three. :)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a side shot of your current ring? I''m always confused when people change their rings around so often.
1.gif
I just want to get a better idea of what you''re trying to move away from.

I voted WF because both that and SuperbCert look similar enough. Agreed that the LM one looks like it may have more of a clawed prong look. . .I''m not a fan of claw prongs.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 3:52:00 PM
Author: MC
Do you have a side shot of your current ring? I''m always confused when people change their rings around so often.
1.gif
I just want to get a better idea of what you''re trying to move away from.

I voted WF because both that and SuperbCert look similar enough. Agreed that the LM one looks like it may have more of a clawed prong look. . .I''m not a fan of claw prongs.
Hi MC, my current ring is a 4 prong cathedral, and it was originally set with an asscher. I am attaching a profile pic. The reason I''m not going with the Vatche Swan is because it''s a cathedral, and I prefer the prongs/basket to come out of the band with no cathedral profile.

I actually like the profile shot of the Leon, and am a fan of claw prongs, so I think I may be leaning towards that ring. I wish he had more pics posted.

The thing that I like best about the SuperbCert (especially Sna''s) are the pointy clawlike prongs, and the way the band is slightly tapered.

I really like the profile of the WF band, and how it''s slightly higher set (I prefer higher set to low).

profv1.JPG

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I know this isn''t an option on your poll but I too LOVE the Dimend SCAASI Tiffany replicas, especially the one that tapers toward the head (this one). I know that isn''t classic Tiff but it''s gorgeous. Of the ones you posted I like the Leon.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I like your current a lot, but love the look of the Tiff replica!
1.gif
Is the LM a lot more than the superbcert one?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 4:19:16 PM
Author: MC
Okay, I like your current a lot, but love the look of the Tiff replica!
1.gif
Is the LM a lot more than the superbcert one?
I haven''t gotten a quote from Leon yet, but from what I''ve read from other posters, his basic solitaires without melee stones average between $1500 - $1800, so that would still fit in my budget, even if it''s a few hundred more than the WF or SuperbCert ...

I think that they are all really nice options, so it''s going to be a tough decision. I don''t need to decide until early next year, though, so I still have a few months to decide ...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always preferred the Superbcert replica to the others - I think they have replicated as much as possible the classic Tiffany solitaire. I''m sure Leon''s is very nice - I don''t know whether he tries to make it look like a Tiffany or whether that is important to you. You do know of course that the six prong won''t fit flush with your wedding band - it always leaves a bit of a gap. Don''t know if that''s important to you or not!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
That is very true MissGotRocks. If you are worried about your ering and wedding band setting flush, then you might have to use a spacer band that will be more flat. Sometimes this helps the problem.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love Sna77s SuperbCert, it looks like the real thing. So I guess I like that one the best.

I think the Leon is nice, I actually really like it. But it won''t look like a "tiffany replica." It also has the donut, your wedding band may not sit flush.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I like the SuperbCert. It looks to me to be a very close replica of the Tiffany setting. However, you mentioned that you did like the claw prongs, so maybe you should go with the Leon Mege instead.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
since it's not your forever setting, i'd do the wf. i'd save the leon for your forever setting.
also, ditto to the donut comment. i had wf do a custom tiffany like setting without the donut so that my band would sit flush. so happy i went that route.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others about waiting on the Leon so I voted Superbcert.

If I can throw another into the mix.... I have been looking lately for a reset myself.....I think this one from BGD is really nice as well.

BGD tiff replica.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2009 9:21:50 PM
Author: KtIceRN

If I can throw another into the mix.... I have been looking lately for a reset myself.....I think this one from BGD is really nice as well.
That one is very nice too! BTW, Vesper, have you gone to Tiffany''s to try the real one on - just to test it with your eternity band so that you know you like the style, the feel, etc.? In this case, it is so nice to be able to try the original on to check it out before you go with one of these great replicas!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 7:20:23 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I have always preferred the Superbcert replica to the others - I think they have replicated as much as possible the classic Tiffany solitaire. I''m sure Leon''s is very nice - I don''t know whether he tries to make it look like a Tiffany or whether that is important to you. You do know of course that the six prong won''t fit flush with your wedding band - it always leaves a bit of a gap. Don''t know if that''s important to you or not!
Hey there, thanks for the feedback on the flush-fit. I actually prefer a gap between the band and ering, so that''s part of the reason I like the 6 prong ...

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

Oh no, you''re making my decision even harder! I love the BGD one too!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 9:29:42 PM

That one is very nice too! BTW, Vesper, have you gone to Tiffany''s to try the real one on - just to test it with your eternity band so that you know you like the style, the feel, etc.? In this case, it is so nice to be able to try the original on to check it out before you go with one of these great replicas!
Hey there, I was planning to go to Tiffany''s to try the solitaire on with my band. My eternity band is very similar to the Tiffany one, so I think that they will look good together.

Some of you guys mentioned the gap, and I do like the rings with the more pronounced "donut" because they give a bit of a gap. MsGotRocks is right - I think I really need to go to Tiff''s to try on the original.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2009 10:22:20 PM
Author: vespergirl

Date: 11/24/2009 9:29:42 PM

Hey there, I was planning to go to Tiffany''s to try the solitaire on with my band. My eternity band is very similar to the Tiffany one, so I think that they will look good together.

Some of you guys mentioned the gap, and I do like the rings with the more pronounced ''donut'' because they give a bit of a gap. MsGotRocks is right - I think I really need to go to Tiff''s to try on the original.
I am beginning to really like the look of a gap (although I don''t have one!) so I think it wouldn''t bother me either. At least with trying on the real thing you will be able to see if there is anything about it you''d like to change. If memory serves me correctly, the knife edge on the ring is pronounced. It is a beautiful look but some folks have said they don''t like the feel of the knife edge between their fingers or would prefer it made just a bit more round. I just think that setting is classic! I really like it but it just never looks quite right on my hand. Maybe I''m just used to the three stone setting now and if I had the chance to wear the Tiffany setting for awhile I''d like it much better. I just get so antsy thinking about ordering something so being able to try it on first seems like a real plus!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I voted superbcert, because it is my favorite of the 3 in the poll.

If it were me, though, I''d rather have a Mark Morrell than any of those listed. Also, have you looked at the Vatche Royal Crown? It''s not a tiffany replica but I think you would like it based on what you said you were looking for. You can purchase it at Whiteflash and it is well within your budget.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I voted WF because I really love the legato head, and I think it''s reasonable in price. However, 7 years is a long time and if your heart wants a leon solitaire now, maybe that should be the way to go until it''s time to get the Leon with side stones. Just IMHO.

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
My first choice would be BGD''s Tiffany. His Tiffany style setting is stunning, and has its subtle differences. His workshop can complete it quickly too! And Brian and Lesley are so wonderful to work with.

But since it''s not an option, I went with White Flash.

Since you are not looking for a ''forever'' ring, I wouldn''t want to spend the time (or extra dollars) waiting for a Leon or SuperbCert, personally. That''s just me. I would want to have it reset beautifully and quickly! And that is what BGD can deliver from what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results