shape
carat
color
clarity

The Journey is Over~*~*~*~4.31ctw Art Deco Eternity by JbEG

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Many moons ago my wonderful DH gave me a lovely YG eternity band that was beautiful but extremely uncomfortable to wear. After a few years of trying to figure out what the heck to do with it I finally came across a gorgeous antique art deco eternity on pinterest that I just fell in love with. I posted about it here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-never-ending-quest-to-do-something-with-my-eternity.189024/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-never-ending-quest-to-do-something-with-my-eternity.189024/[/URL]

Several wonderful PSers (Mico, DS, NYC2CHigal) then helped me tweaked the design and then I started to request some quotes. After having a few emails with Grace I knew I wanted to go with JbEG. Grace got exactly what I was talking about with the design and really understood the look I was trying unsuccessfully to explain over email to others. It felt right and comfortable with Grace and I think she was as excited about it as I was. I know art deco and antiques are making a come back these days, but it is so refreshing to talk to someone who just got exactly what I was going for. I can't say enough about working with Erica and Grace at JbEG- the entire experience start to finish was wonderful. :appl:

My only regret is I wish I had done PLAT instead of WG. For budget reasons I went with WG. While the ring is gorgeous I just think that over time as the ring patina the PLAT would have really brought out the beauty more. I'm not in love with the ultra shiney look of WG. In a few years pending how it looks I might just send it back to JbEG for PLAT .

My only real critique of the ring is the that it looks stunning from top down- however the side is a bit clunky. This woudln't be an issue if the eternity was a lower carat weight but due to the indivdual size of each dimaond they had to sacrifice some for it to be comfortable for me to wear, which was my #1 priority. I don't really count the chunkyiness as a con to the ring. It really only bothers me in pictures. It is not noticable from the top down or when I'm wearing it. I made a few suggestions to Grace if they ever made the band again at a larger ctw to curve in the bottom like this option on 1st dibs, but I don't feel the need to mess with mine as I'm really happy with it, however if others want a different option: http://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/bridal-rings/modern-diamond-wedding-band/id-j_101234/

Specs:
13 diamonds = 4.31ctw
Diamonds were org. sold to me as G/H but Grace said K
VS2
14k WG
Around 6mm wide (used a tape measure so bare with me on that one)

JbEG photos. I will post some more that I took tomorrow :naughty:

img_1423.jpg

img_7348.jpg

img_1424.jpg

img_1425.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Journey is Over~*~*~*~4.31ctw Art Deco Eternity by J

And for giggles here are the before pictures it the old setting.

Prongs stuck up inbetween my fingers leaving red marks if I wore it more then 5 minutes. This ring was also a size 6.5 which was just a little bit to big on me after I lost all the baby weight, which really didn't help with how comfortable it was to wear.

Attachments

• _58.bmp
    359.6 KB · Views: 3,001
  • _59.bmp
    35.7 KB · Views: 3,005

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock

Wow what a wonderful change. I love the new look. Enjoy and I think we need more pictures!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love your ring! Beautiful! :love: :appl: :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow - talk about a timeless beauty!!! And I'm drooling over all that milgrain! :lickout:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Absolutely to die for!!! I can't wait for millions more photos. Will you wear this alone or can it stack with any of your other pieces?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks like a completely different ring! Love art deco pieces!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Rosebloom|1374806295|3490511 said:
Absolutely to die for!!! I can't wait for millions more photos. Will you wear this alone or can it stack with any of your other pieces?

I plan on wearing it as a stand alone RHR. I took some pictures of it stacked just for giggles but it definitely doesn't look proportional to my other rings. Plus I really think it is a star to to stack it just takes away from the beauty.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's gorgeous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a beauty!!!!! :love:

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful! The large opening at the bottom allows for easier cleaning to keep your sparkly continuously sparking. Congrats :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sarah, this ring is absolutely stunning! :love: What a makeover. I understand your thoughts about using white gold instead of platinum but the savings in money allow you to enjoy this beauty right now and you never know-perhaps once you are wearing this ring for the long term you will like the way the wg changes. All in all a breathtaking ring. One of a kind. Wear in much health and happiness! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I love it SB! I hope that it's comfy to wear...if it's not, just send it my way!! :naughty: Can't wait to see your photos!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Love it! What an amazing transformation. It is a heirloom in the making! Wear it in good health.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous! And it makes a HUGE statement!!!

If you wanted to lighten-up the top and bottom view a little, maybe at some point you could have them engraved...

SB621

Ideal_Rock

A few more pictures shown with my other eternitys. Definitely don't plan on stacking them this way. Just did it like this for a fun photo shoot!

_8296.jpg

_8297.jpg

_8298.jpg

stack3.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Seriously, it's glorious. Wow!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

Wow, it is amazingly stunning! I love the design and would happily wear it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my, it's gorgeous!! I have to say that I love it in the last pic in the sapphire stack. Perfection!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a fabulous remake! I love the new design!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

WOW! Love the milgrain on that and the total design on it too!!!! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It turned out beautifully, I LOVE it!!! Very unique.

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock

OMG!!! :love: :shock: :lickout: :love:

Handshots woman!!! such an awesome design... pleaaase hand shots!

ETA: just realized you posted one handshot... we need more... and from far away... sooo purrrty

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock

This remake is incredible. This has to be my all-time favorite eternity band. I love the vintage feel it now has. :love: :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

GoldFish8|1374865139|3490940 said:
OMG!!! :love: :shock: :lickout: :love:

Handshots woman!!! such an awesome design... pleaaase hand shots!

ETA: just realized you posted one handshot... we need more... and from far away... sooo purrrty

It is pouring outside so here is a craptastic indoor shot but gives you an idea. I meant to post it with the last round but all my photos look so muted that I didn't think I was doing the band justice.

stack4.jpg

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock

That is fantastic! What a makeover...I love it! It looks perfectly elegant alone on your right hand for sure, but I have to say it looks pretty cool stacked with your other bands as well. Looks like a Singlestone add. :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Awesome!! Wow it looks incredible! I know you said you weren't going to stack them w the sapphire bands....but could you amuse me and snap one stacked in the sun?? It's like stacker **** for PSers!!

Love it!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi|1374876519|3491067 said:
Awesome!! Wow it looks incredible! I know you said you weren't going to stack them w the sapphire bands....but could you amuse me and snap one stacked in the sun?? It's like stacker **** for PSers!!

Love it!

I would be happy too if it ever stops raining!!!!! I'll have to post on Monday though as my camera just got borrowed for the weekend.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely gorgeous SB!!! :love: Beautifully crafted and looks amazing on your hand - so glad you were able to turn your eternity into something you can wear and love - what a fabulous reset! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is one fantastic makeover!!!! :love: :appl: I love it! I also appreciated your comments about the setting and the constructive changes you suggested to JBEG.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results