shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks to Quest for adding halo to my oval setting!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel like I finally have a ring that is SO me! My setting was a platinum Beverly K inspired setting with an 1.23ct oval center. I sent my ring to Pete at Quest to add a halo. The halo consists of half pointer diamonds with my oval being bezel set. My oval is a warm color J :) Size 4.25. My DH was understanding enough that this is what I ultimately wanted. :love:
(Niel... you finally get to see it! ) :D

To read up on the history, please see here with more pics of the actual original ering I had, then my i al upgrade which led to adding a halo : [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/upgrade-is-here-from-1-03-radiant-to-1-23-oval.182391/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/upgrade-is-here-from-1-03-radiant-to-1-23-oval.182391/[/URL]

Before
(see below)

After

_5233.jpg

_5234.jpg

_5235.jpg

_5236.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Oh my gosh! I didn't notice the millgraining on the bezels, its stunning! Does it quench your finger coverage thirst? Because it looks HUGE on you.... oh I love it, and I'm glad you finally love it too! Did your hubby like it?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The before and afters just remind me how much I love bezels for fancies, it looked beautiful before but now your oval just stands out so perfectly.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Niel! I am happy to have you as a supporter for my oval! :D

DH is really happy with the result. He now realizes that the bezel is a much better choice than the prongs for my oval. And I still really love the J warmth of my oval. It is perfect for me! :razz:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I forgot to mention...

A shoutout to Mr. Pete Tain and the Quest team for being knowledgeable and skillful and great people to work with! I am glad I went with them!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous. Ovals are so elegant looking. Congratulations.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out stunning! I like it much better!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fi.Z|1365375247|3422196 said:
Thank you Niel! I am happy to have you as a supporter for my oval! :D

DH is really happy with the result. He now realizes that the bezel is a much better choice than the prongs for my oval. And I still really love the J warmth of my oval. It is perfect for me! :razz:

from the pictures your ring looks like it faces up very white! I would have never guessed it was a j

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your halo turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!! I really like the 'after', Fi!!! It looks great - and I'm so happy that you are saying it is so much more "you" than the original!! that alone just makes it all worth while :)) The contemplating and agonizing over should I/shouldn't I? just falls away once you see it and its perfect!!

Very happy for you!! :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful outcome! The halo looks seamless, as if it was always part of the setting. Your diamond looks huge! I think you made the right decision :))

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! "Elegant" is a great description! It looks lovely on your hand. The halo fits your setting and your stone perfectly :appl:

ETA: I love it with the spacer too!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Totally cool makeover. Can you show a picture of the profile view too with the halo?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning!
Did you choose Quest for a specific reason? ie: are they known for being able to add a halo to an existing ring?
(I've wished I'd gone with a halo since I got my reset four years ago. The jeweler talked me out of it :( My ring is well made and lovely, but I do think the addition of a halo would be awesome. Maybe I'll go back and see if they would consider it/be able to do it.)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They did a beautiful job! :love: :appl: I definitely wouldn't trust just anyone to do it, but Quest did very well!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Niel|1365372594|3422182 said:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Oh my gosh! I didn't notice the millgraining on the bezels, its stunning! Does it quench your finger coverage thirst? Because it looks HUGE on you.... oh I love it, and I'm glad you finally love it too! Did your hubby like it?

Definitely no more DSS for me! :appl: Anything larger would not look right on my hands and I also don't like to attract attention to myself! I also like to wear my rings everywhere I go and if it was too blingy, I would feel uncomfortable about getting the wrong kind of attention ( while on vacation for example...)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that looks STUNNING!! :love: I love the transition and Quest did a great job on the halo, you could never tell it was added on. Absolutely beautiful ring :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is utterly amazing that they were able to add on the halo to your original ring! It definitely looks much more at home & sits nicely with your wedding band. Nice touch with the rose gold spacer - classic & elegant :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fabulous!!! Quest did an amazing job, it looks so perfect on your hand! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't get over what a great job Quest did! The halo is absolutely gorgeous!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous!! I love it! It couldn't be more perfect!! Quest did a great job! Enjoy your "new" ring!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I adore with the halo! Congrats! :appl: :love: :appl:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are some profile shots that some of you wanted to see

_5269.jpg

_5270.jpg

_5271.jpg

_5272.jpg

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring! I just now noticed from the side views how the bezel sits up higher than the halo, it's very pretty. Was that a decision you made?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Very cool .. first time I have seen a transformation like this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results