shape
carat
color
clarity

Size 3 fingers please show me your 1.5 ct + diamond rings

mrsdiamond

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I am new to PS but I have been lurking on all of the beautiful show me the bling posts and there are some STUNNING rings on here!!

I am currently looking for an upgrade diamond and would love to see what 1.5 ct - 2 ct looks like on a size 3 finger to help me decide what size to go for. I have a 1.03ct RB which is stunning but I am after something with even more BLING.

Pictures and specs would be much appriciated :D

mrsdiamond

Rough_Rock
Re: Size 3 fingers please show me your 1.5 ct + diamond ring

Thanks for your help. I will take a look now :)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My ring size is a bit larger than a 3 (my rings are sized at 4 but they spin around and my knuckle needs a 4 to slide over it. I'm guessing it's actually a 3.5-3.75 in size) and my ring is a circa 1930's with fishtale prongs (so a bit more coverage) and my stone is a RB 1.64 carats. I hope this gives you a bit of an idea-it takes what I would guess about 50% of the finger real estate. Some days I think it's to big (just based on my lifestyle and personal taste) but most the time I think it looks just fine ::)

I apologize in advance for some not great photos-but I figured blurry without detail where you can see the finger coverage size was okay :rodent:

I hope this gives you a good idea-there are a few ladies with size 3 fingers but I know for sure the one I'm thinking of has quite a large stone...I'd say at least 2 carats. It works for her and she sports it well :bigsmile:

Just pop into Tiffany or another high end store and try some on. I doubt they'll have anything that fits you but you'll at least be able to get an idea of coverage and you can figure out what size stone you're most comfortable with AND have fun checking out the eye candy!

P1000914 - Copy.JPG

P1000905 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0974.jpg

PEO_6449.jpg

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

Hello,
I am a 3.5 too and I started a thread a while back under "Petite Paws". There's a few more links on it. I think much over 8mm across the finger (on me) starts to look pretty huge. Our husbands are luuucky we have small hands...I don't even have pierced ears. I am always telling him how much money he is saving on jewelry due ; )

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

I"m a size 3, the oec is 2ct (8.11mm). Please excuse the smudges, I had sunblock on so the diamond is pretty dirty.

oec beach 1.jpg

oec beach 2.jpg

oec beach 3.jpg

oec beach 4.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

vintagelover229|1329147321|3125306 said:
My ring size is a bit larger than a 3 (my rings are sized at 4 but they spin around and my knuckle needs a 4 to slide over it. I'm guessing it's actually a 3.5-3.75 in size) and my ring is a circa 1930's with fishtale prongs (so a bit more coverage) and my stone is a RB 1.64 carats. I hope this gives you a bit of an idea-it takes what I would guess about 50% of the finger real estate. Some days I think it's to big (just based on my lifestyle and personal taste) but most the time I think it looks just fine ::)

I apologize in advance for some not great photos-but I figured blurry without detail where you can see the finger coverage size was okay :rodent:

I hope this gives you a good idea-there are a few ladies with size 3 fingers but I know for sure the one I'm thinking of has quite a large stone...I'd say at least 2 carats. It works for her and she sports it well :bigsmile:

Just pop into Tiffany or another high end store and try some on. I doubt they'll have anything that fits you but you'll at least be able to get an idea of coverage and you can figure out what size stone you're most comfortable with AND have fun checking out the eye candy!

wow- is that you in your wedding dress???

mrsdiamond

Rough_Rock

WOW Vintagelover that ring is amazing!!! thanks so much for the advice. I am loving the eye candy! Can you show me a side view on your hand? I would love to see how high the diamond sits. :saint:

Backwardsandinheels - I think I have just found your thread, I will take a look now..... its a hard life looking at all this eye candy :)

Fortekitty- That diamond is HUGE on you! I will be one very happy lady if mine looks as nice as yours! Can I ask what the specs are and would you be able to show me a side shot?

Thanks for the help :D

mrsdiamond

Rough_Rock

My husband is starting to get a bit worried now that I have found PS. I keep showing him some of the amazing rings on here and I can see the sweat starting to drip off his forehead :D

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

mrsdiamond

Rough_Rock

Charmy your halo is BEAUTIFUL!! How high does the diamond sit?

MizNina

Shiny_Rock

Charmy beautiful bling :)) Off topic can I ask what that gorgeous ruby nail polish is? TIA

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Thank you Amys Bling, mrsdiamond, and MizNina for your compliments. It is always nice to hear :)

mrsdiamond - This halo is actually not that low and not too high. I am on a business trip and don't have that ring on me. I can measure when I get home. If you look at the thread, there are photos of the profile view.

MizNina - It is one of my favourite nail polish of all time and one of my staples. OPI Bogota Blackberry to me is the perfect red. I have been wearing a more plumy Essie polish lately though. OPI Glove You So Much and China Glaze Short & Sassy are lovely too in a even deeper plumy red.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
So jealous that you have two stunning rings Charmy!! Which one is your ERing?

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

Charmy,
I never get tired of that gorgeous Leon on you :love: :love: :love:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I tried to find a "real life" side shot but I don't have many after I had my band adjusted and soldered together. It was indeed by vintage wedding dress in that photo-it was such a beautiful gown! Circa 1940's and I couldn't believe I was wearing a dress that was 71 years old :)

I did manage to find one picture while I was getting ready that has a side shot-my rings do sit up high I guess-higher than many of them. Although it probably has something to do with the fact that my stone is 4.69 mm deep-so add the setting to that it's probably close to 6mm high? I'm not sure if that's considered "high" by anyone's standards but it doesn't really bother me. I clean with it on, sleep with it on, pretty much anything but bathe/shower with it on. It's from the 1930's so I figure if it's held up this long it can hold up even longer

P1000907 - Copy.JPG

PEO_6366.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results