shape
carat
color
clarity

My Van Craeynest 812

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beauty, truly, I can't explain how much of a work of art it is. You really have to see one in person to appreciate the exquisite, teeny tiny, meticulous workmanship. I tried to take some photos of the ring with a dime so that you can get a sense of how microscopic the flowers are, and to think it's all chased by hand just blows my mind.

Anyways, on to the stats!
Ring: Van Craeynest 812, platinum, size 4, with 5 small accent diamonds (which glitter and wink when you least expect it!)
Diamond: .724 ct, 5.77 mm
Lazare Kaplan Ideal Cut.
AGS graded: G, Si2, AGS0 Ideal cut.

The Si2 is a small needle at an edge under a prong, it is actually 100% eye clean other than that, there is NO other marks on the AGS inclusion graph other than that one line and one red pinpont! No feathers, no clouds, no crystals! It's kind of amazing, lol)

Ok ok...I know you want photos. So without further rambling, prepare for photo overload!

Please forgive me, in my excitement to get you guys photos, I didn't wash the diamond first, so it's a little smudgy...

IMG_8411.JPG

IMG_8398.JPG

IMG_8388.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah...I'm so embarassed at how dirty the diamond is...I didn't realize! SO SORRY!

IMG_8434.JPG

IMG_8425.JPG

IMG_8424.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took some photos of it in comparison with some other rings.

Those of you who own pieces from Sally will appreciate how amazingly this the band is since you've seen Sally's ring in person and know how delicate they are.

My mokume band for reference is 3mm.

IMG_8493.JPG

IMG_8497.JPG

IMG_8498.JPG

IMG_8499.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who don't have rings from Sally as reference, here are photos with a Dime. That's right, normal US currency dime.
The flowers are smaller than the "o" on the "of" of "United states of America" on the back, the band is about the same thickness as the dime.

IMG_8506.JPG

IMG_8501.JPG

IMG_8500.JPG

IMG_8514.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are photos of the VC stamp and the PLAT.
As well as a photo of it on my neck to show what a nice sized pendant the diamond will make!

IMG_8565.JPG

IMG_8560.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK folks, that's all the photos I have!
Let me know if you have any requests. I might try to take some "artsy" flowers later on at some point (and will remember to wash the ring first!)

The ring came with an AGS report, a Lazare Kaplan certificate and application of warranty, and a Robbins diamonds appraisal from 2010.
I wonder if I could go to Robbins diamonds to coordinate sending to VC for reset/maintenance issues?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous piece, and what a steal! I can't wait to see what stone you put into the ring and how the pendant turns out!

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, such intricate work!! Utterly gorgeous :love: :love: :love:
Thank you for sharing this beauty with us here :loopy:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, that is beautiful. Your pictures are so much better than the ones you posted before. As you said you can really see the craftmanship. Congratulations!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh - I just saw your RT thread this morning, didn't realise you'd already purchased - and had it set!

It turned out beautifully!! Your closeups show the detail really well :love: :love: and it looks so dainty, and yet it's obviously quite sturdy from the side view - I rather think your Ering has competition for daily wear :sun:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1302562883|2893592 said:
Oh - I just saw your RT thread this morning, didn't realise you'd already purchased - and had it set!

It turned out beautifully!! Your closeups show the detail really well :love: :love: and it looks so dainty, and yet it's obviously quite sturdy from the side view - I rather think your Ering has competition for daily wear :sun:

Thanks Yssie! Haha, yeah, it definitely has some competition...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, you were smart and lucky all at the same time!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: It is beautiful!!! :love: :love: :love:

(I would deal with VC directly. Do not involve Robbins. Just have a reputable local jeweler remove the diamond if you want VC to refurbish the setting.)

Are you going to try to have your 1 ct. stone put in the setting? I'm betting VC could do it even if they have to replace the head.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, it's beautiful! The stone is a sparkler, and that setting is amazingly delicate. I cannot believe how small those flowers are!
Thank you for sharing! I particularly liked the pictures with the dime, they really give a great perspective.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! i think the detailing is pretty impressive too, I'm amazed these guys don't go blind from this work!
I don't think I'm going to use it as my ering setting because it doesn't really go well with my mokume or diamond eternity band, it's just too delicate to stack with those. I think I'll stick with my original plan of using it as a RHR and putting a CS in it after I remove the diamond.

I actually have a potential candidate on the way to me, a 6mm chrome antihill garnet which is the arguably the most pure red of the garnets (which are my birthstone). So we'll see!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I'm so glad you got it & it worked out & all. It is PHENOMENAL! And a phenomenal deal to boot! Yahooooooooooo :appl:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I hate to see that diamond taken out of the setting, but oh well ;))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Making the grade you have some beautiful pieces!! :love: :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1302565018|2893626 said:
Awesome! I hate to see that diamond taken out of the setting, but oh well ;))

Don't worry, it won't be anytime soon!
I probably won't reset it until I have the pendant completed, and that probably won't happen for another year (as I now lack funds, lol).

And who knows, I have total jewelery ADHD, I might just sell or trade it for something else by then. :tongue:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad the sale worked out for you! Wow, what an amazing ring. And as amazing as the detail is in your close-up photos, my favorite pics are the ones of the ring on your finger! It really is gorgeous. :appl: :appl: :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1302566589|2893652 said:
I'm so glad the sale worked out for you! Wow, what an amazing ring. And as amazing as the detail
is in your close-up photos, my favorite pics are the ones of the ring on your finger! It really is gorgeous. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks! I can't wait to see your THREE rings!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing find. It's a spectacular setting, and the diamond is gorgeous.

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Congrats MTG, the stone is a beauty, the setting is a great choice -- and it looks beautiful on your hand! :love: :love:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
great photos!! I just love VC and you really did get a great deal!! It looks amazing!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh so lovely!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results