shape
carat
color
clarity

My marquise reset..camera sucks but here is a picture

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
After one month of waiting after I picked the new setting, I finally got my .81 D SI2 marquise reset today. I tried to take a few pictures but am posting the best of what I got. My camera is a dog at taking pictures of jewelry (I''m awaiting my new camera
1.gif
) so please don''t mind the blurry picture.
The setting is platinum with a round and baguette on each side of the marquise. Total weight of the setting is .51. My old setting was a two tone platinum and yellow gold setting with two bagettes on each side of the center and the center had yellow gold prongs
29.gif
. I can''t believe how much of a difference this setting has made. My diamond has never looked like a D color to me and now FINALLY it''s super white. Here''s the picture (and more pictures to follow this week with my new RB from Wink which should be here hopefully Friday). Enjoy!

ring005.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks super sparkley to me. Nice setting!!!
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, a D...it looks great...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey small...move your hand back to take the pics, or find the macro setting.
the way it is now, the camera is focusing on the background (see how clear it is?) because your hand is too close.
i want to see that marquise and your new setting!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
In the pic, it''s white and sparkly. I would love to see a clearer pic of that beauty.

shay

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
SMALL, I LOVE IT :) Try again. I love it.....it looks so so classy.............................................Can''t wait to see more shots.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a before and after ??????? I love the setting. Is it platinum? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo, just read it is platinum :) LOVE IT!!! It looks way bigger than .81 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
LOL...it must be me the picture taker lmao! I''ll try again but my kids are up now so no time to take pictures (a 1 and 2 year old does keep me hopping).
So if I keep my hand farther from the camera it''ll take a better image??? Ok...I''ll try to do this and post some later.
Thanks for the advice and the compliments.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 4:26:17 PM
Author: belle
hey small...move your hand back to take the pics, or find the macro setting.
the way it is now, the camera is focusing on the background (see how clear it is?) because your hand is too close.
i want to see that marquise and your new setting!
I just saw this about the macro setting. Damn...I need to get the instructions out...lmao I''ve never read them just point and click lmao!
Alright...I''ll read up and try taking it further away and see what happens!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it looks great.

TBeck2000

Rough_Rock
Looks very nice!
36.gif

Any luck getting more shots? I think this setting is very similar to what I''m looking for to set a Marquise for my girlfriend. (Her''s has a slender ratio of 2.23:1, so I think it needs some side stones to balance out the ring).

Tim

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 2:55:06 PM
Author: TBeck2000
Sorry. Just saw your new thread... Looks even better!!
Thank you! I''m in love with the new setting. The rounds on the side really give a nice contrast to the marquise center and don''t dull like the baguettes in my other setting did. I also think it has better flow to the center with the RBs on the sides instead of baguettes. Good luck! I''d love to see your setting when you get it done.

TBeck2000

Rough_Rock
I''ve actually decided against the narrow Marquise diamond that I mentioned above. I have instead selected a premade Facets collection ring with a Marquise center (1.57ct) and two small pears (0.26ct each) on the side from Signed Pieces. I just ordered it yesterday. It''s a lot more stone than I intended on getting (I had been looking in the 1-1.2ct range), but my girlfriend made it clear that a bigger diamond would not be refused. Now I just need to plan out my next steps...

Some pictures from Signed Pieces:
1117.jpg

1121.jpg

1119.jpg

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow
30.gif
30.gif
that''s beautiful!!!! Great job
36.gif

I''m not in love with the thinner marquises. I love the chunkier ones. They probably aren''t cut as well but I just don''t like the look of the long, thin ones.
I think you''ve chosen a great ring! She''s going to be thrilled. Did she pick the marquise as her center of choice or did she give you some options?

SP has beautiful, beautiful rings
30.gif
I wanted to get my eternity band from there but alas husband decided to buy one before I had a chance to tell him about SP and I just kept the one he bought since he went and picked it out.

Keep me updated on your ring...it''s really beautiful
30.gif

TBeck2000

Rough_Rock
^^ The Marquise was her cut of choice. The presence of sidestones was my preference. Of course, now that she has seen some more rocks, her tastes are evolving dramatically (tension settings, more fancy cuts, etc). She's going to be quite expensive to keep around.
3.gif

BTW, Signed Pieces has been great to work with. I used them previously for a small sapphire ring and they were great. Here's my PS story about that ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-i-determined-her-ring-size-or-the-decoy-ring.40744/

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I just read your other thread and that ring you bought her is lovely
30.gif
. I have to say I''m in love with the sapphire and diamond bracelet you linked too
30.gif

The only reason I asked about the marquise is just because I wanted one so badly 7 years ago that I didn''t even try on any other cuts and was set on that (well my husband had his exfiances ring that was a RB and I tried that one on but didn''t love the stone on my hand). I wish I had tried on many different rings back then so I would have known if that was truly what I desired. Don''t get me wrong, I do like my marquise...it''s beautiful but it''s not what I would pick now and I think it''s going to see alot of time in my jewelry box since I got my new RB.

I think the ring you''ve chosen will be beautiful!!! I can''t wait to hear how she likes it
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results