shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell & Whiteflash - Another Pricescope Success Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WestsideLisa

Rough_Rock
I''m taking the time to post here so that others may benefit from Pricescope as my fiance and I did. We were pretty clueless when we started our search, and the information on this site helped tremendously. Thank you all for your help!

To give you a little background, we did a lot of window shopping (Tiffany and Robbins Bros) to get an idea of the setting style that we liked best. Our favorite was the Tiffany solitaire with channel set band; the only thing we didn''t like about this gorgeous ring was the price tag. We searched to try to find something similar that we liked just as well, but none of the brick & mortar stores nor online vendors had what we wanted. The "replicas" we found online were close...but none were "the one".

We then decided to go the custom route, and to work with Mark Morrell on the ring. There were so many factors that made Mark''s work our choice about the "replicas" that we found online: the "liquid" look of his platinum, the smooth lines (especially where the basket attaches to the band, and on the sides of the channels), the little heart prongs, and much more. My fiance reports that Mark was an absolute pleasure to work with, and was able to deliver the ring a full month sooner than the agreed upon date so that the proposal could take place on a somewhat last-minute trip to Hawaii. Thanks, Mark!
1.gif

Another piece of the puzzle was Whiteflash. Just as the case with Mark, my fiance found Lesley at Whiteflash an absolute pleasure to work with. Once Lesley learned the basics of what was wanted in the stone, she suggested the diamond you will see below. My fiance had initially provided WF with some of his picks...but Lesley found a stone that was even better (and for *less* money). WF sent the stone to a local appraiser of our choice here in the L.A. area, a Pricescope vendor named Jennifer Thornton-Davis. She, too, was excellent to work with...and the finished ring was also sent back to her for re-appraisal.

Enough of my story. Here are the stone specs and some pictures of the ring (a few from Mark, and one hand pic). Thanks again to you all!

Round Brilliant (AGS), F, SI1 (eye clean)
7.44 - 7.47 x 4.52 mm
1.516 cts

Total Depth: 60.5%
Table: 56.3%
Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted
Culet: Pointed
Fluoresence: Negligible

Excellent Polish
Excellent Symmetry

Crown Angle: 34.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.8

I plugged this into HCA, and it comes out to 1.3 (Excellent). Here is the Idealscope from Whiteflash.

Idealscope Westside.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
WHOOOAAAAAA!!!
30.gif
That is absolutely perfect in every way!!!!! More pictures pleeeeease!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, it has it''s own thread. It''s spectacular, another gorgeous ring from MM and stunning stone from WF. A winning combo in my book. It''s beyond beautiful!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh MWM does such lovely work, great ring!
36.gif

WestsideLisa

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback.

I forgot to mention...the appraiser had never worked with Mark before, and she said that she had never seen such spectacular finish/polish on platinum. She said that under the microscope, you could see that even the *insides* of the prongs were polished (something that you don''t see with the naked eye, so people do not bother to polish there). Mark is a true craftsman, isn''t he? I feel so lucky!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! So glad you posted over here. Your ring is just stunning. MM is just the best and they stone is just beautiful. I absolutely LOVE it..

ello

Brilliant_Rock
it''s beautiful!! Thank you for sharing...

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I want want want want want want want a Mark Morrell and you aren''t helping! I want to eat that ring for dessert. It is gorgeous, and you guys did such good work! Enjoy, and huge congrats on your engagement!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! So happy that your ring-buying experience was so positive. It''s beautiful....I love how the prongs "cradle" the stone like the precious jewel that it is. Gotta love Mark Morrell!
36.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I like how the band is on the thin side. Very very lovely!
36.gif

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is just beautiful! I love how fluid and soft looking MMs pieces are. I just HAVE to have one too some day!
18.gif

Congrats and enjoy your stunner!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
sublime!

congrats on your engagement!

very smart alternative to the little blue box!
(better than the little blue box!!!)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So glad this all worked out so well for you! That diamond is a knockout and the Mark Morrell setting is simply devine!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, lucky you! What a gorgeous ring. Love those MM heart shaped prongs. GORGEOUS!! Congratulations!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is just something about a MM piece - so well handcrafted and just plain beautiful! I love the design - from the shank down to the heart prongs...beautiful setting and gorgeous stone!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is just elegant! Something you will just never get tired of...

I used Jennifer too...she is great!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous! Congrats!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Love the arrows. It truly is a lovely ring.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats!!! nice and beautiful ring.
30.gif
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results