shape
carat
color
clarity

I have found the PERFECT wedding band...show me the perfect engagement ring!

mmejk

Rough_Rock
So my boyfriend and I went to Tiffany''s this weekend; we had never looked for rings before and I thought this would be the perfect place to start since they have a little bit of everything. I skipped over the classic setting and went toward the Novo, etc. and nothing really struck my fancy; until I tried on this band! It was one of those "Say Yes to the Dress" moments where the girls put on the right dress and get butterflies and know that it is the one. I paired it with the classic Tiffany six-prong setting (.47 diamond) and it was BEAUTIFUL. But, I''m still not completely sold on the design (knife-edge band). I also paired it with an asscher cut diamond ring and it was nice too (was funky and didn''t clash). My boyfriend has obtained a .75 OEC diamond and a .5 center cut (would these go with the band since the diamonds are round brilliant cut?).

So, if anyone has some input on a ring that would go with it please let me know! I''m pretty much open to anything except for something super-modern (tension setting). I like when the ring head has some sort of design on it; like a little surprise!

XX

mmejkband.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh I like the idea of an asscher, maybe a bezeled asscher like LaurenThePartier''s? Or a bezeled round maybe?

also FYI, BGD carries a similar diamond band, and you can request different sizes (if you wanted the sizes to be more distinctly different).

band

I think it would look best with a solitaire...but I wonder if anyone has a similar band and pictures??

E B

Ideal_Rock
The Vatche Caroline has diamonds in the head.
1.gif

mmejk

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link to a different band! Shockingly, that price is a lot lower than the one from Tiffany''s
2.gif
and it''s nice to have the option of different sizes.

That Vatche ring is beautiful! I love the basket. I was also considering this solitaire by Erica Grace:

mmejksolitaireJbEG.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to give you a heads up that perhaps your avatar photo is quite "kosher" for this site... as they have a policy for us to be anonymous.

Don''t want to be lame, and personally, I don''t care, but just letting you know
1.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
?????

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
ohhhh i love that band! i tried it on last winter in Tiffany-- it is so gorgeous! Have you seen the octavia asscher? They''re gorgeous. I think an octavia in a Leon Mege solitaire setting with double claw prongs would look AWESOME with that band!!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 5:04:44 PM
Author: missydebby
Just wanted to give you a heads up that perhaps your avatar photo is quite ''kosher'' for this site... as they have a policy for us to be anonymous.

Don''t want to be lame, and personally, I don''t care, but just letting you know
1.gif

?

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore the Erica Grace setting but I think it would only work well on diamonds in the 1ct plus mark -- smaller than that and the basket detail would get to smooshed in my opinion.

Any solitaire at all will match that type of wedding band. There are about a zillion options so you are just going to have to get out there and narrow the field.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I had the same "moment" with that ring, and got a look-alike made for my wedding band! My thread is here if you want to have a look (handshots are toward the middle of page 2).
1.gif
Here it is with my e-ring:
P1010978.JPG

ETA: sorry, I just saw that you like to have a design on the basket of the ring -- mine is just the standard Tiffany 6-prong so nothing too fancy!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to give you a heads up that perhaps your avatar photo is quite ''kosher'' for this site... as they have a policy for us to be anonymous.

1.gif

Ummmmmmm do you mean "UNKOSHER"???? and what are you saying in the highlighted area???? I think your avatar is more revealing..................VERY confused.................

Anyways, I think Octavias set looks beautiful...and maybe you don''t have to go with the knife edge...I thought they had other solitaire options...good luck!

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
missydebby sometimes should remain...hm silent....for a newcomer; she makes some statements....pfff, sounds so racist for me....the way she meant koscher.

octavia love your set
30.gif

mmjek your choice of band is awesome the ering from Erica Grace is lovely...hard to chose uhn
11.gif

Have a nice weeked
Hugs
Monica

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think the issue is that the OP''s avatar used to have a link to a blog or other website, which is against forum rules. missydebby was just trying to alert the OP.

mmejk

Rough_Rock

1.gif

Thanks for the heads up! That''s the avatar I use for Etsy, etc. and I didn''t even think about reading about Pricescope''s policies before uploading it.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 1:09:32 AM
Author: slg47
I think the issue is that the OP''s avatar used to have a link to a blog or other website, which is against forum rules. missydebby was just trying to alert the OP.

Oh, now it makes sense -- thanks sig47.

Octavia, I
30.gif
your set!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 12:31:30 AM
Author: fogdancer
missydebby sometimes should remain...hm silent....for a newcomer; she makes some statements....pfff, sounds so racist for me....the way she meant koscher.

Monica

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Talk about "should have" remained silent. Give me a break. AS IF you've been here forever and that would somehow make a difference in what people should or should not post?? This isn't a high school locker room. "Newcomer"? Please.
38.gif

To the OP:

LOVE that band!! I recently got a bezel eternity to go with my bezel E-ring ...have you considered a bezel? Tiff's bezet is lovely - though I don't think anyone here has it, there are a bunch of yummy bezels...
9.gif

mmejk

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 10:10:29 PM
Author: Octavia
I had the same ''moment'' with that ring, and got a look-alike made for my wedding band! My thread is here if you want to have a look (handshots are toward the middle of page 2).
1.gif
Here it is with my e-ring:

P1010978.JPG

ETA: sorry, I just saw that you like to have a design on the basket of the ring -- mine is just the standard Tiffany 6-prong so nothing too fancy!

Octavia, thank you for sharing! Part of me LOVES the Tiffany band because the diamonds go all the way around but the other part thinks that may be a bit foolish in case I need to get it resized further down the road for some reason.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that band! I actually got a bezel set band made for my wedding band, too, but the diamonds are all the same size. (Like the other Tiffany Jazz bezel set band.) I got mine custom made at Whiteflash.

If you do want diamonds all around BGD could definitely do that, too. I went for a 3/4 eternity for both my e-ring and my wedding band in case I need to size it. Plus I'm not careful with my rings and I was worried I'd damage the diamonds on the bottom of the ring.

As for an e-ring, I like that band with a simpler solitaire. A bezel set e-ring could be great, too. One of my favorite bezel settings in the Sholdt semi-bezel. Here's a link to heyeliza's but several other PSers have it as well. Not sure if it's too modern for you but it's GORGEOUS.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sholdt-semi-bezel-solitaire-ring.76450/page-2

mmejk

Rough_Rock
Waterlily,

I didn''t try on any of their Bezet settings--I think the BF isn''t a fan of having a bezel for an engagement ring. I should go back and try some on with the band, though! That may change his mind.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
For sure worth trying on! There is a thread here somewhere "show me your bezel ring" or something like that. Bezels are my favorite!

Whiteflash makes a 3/4 bezel band, and I''m sure could make the same style Tiff one you posted in 3/4 too - likely much cheaper too!

Here is the 3/4 bezel band they have in stock

WF made both my e-ring and wedding band (scattered diamond band). But I recently found a bezel eternity on ebay that I''m probably going to wear all the time!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Regardless of whether you go with a full or partial eternity, I would look into PS vendors -- my ring was well under half of the Tiffany price and is about the same carat weight, despite being only 3/4 eternity (I think the Tiffany diamonds are around 1 point and 4 points, mine are 2 and 5) so I definitely feel like I got more bang for my buck!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2010 10:31:21 PM
Regardless of whether you go with a full or partial eternity, I would look into PS vendors -- my ring was well under half of the Tiffany price and is about the same carat weight, despite being only 3/4 eternity (I think the Tiffany diamonds are around 1 point and 4 points, mine are 2 and 5) so I definitely feel like I got more bang for my buck!

Ditto! Unless you're super into Tiffany and/or love paying a ton of extra $, go with a PS vendor! I'd go with either Whiteflash or BGD since they've done it so well before.

mmejk

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/20/2010 11:25:26 PM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 6/20/2010 10:31:21 PM

Ditto! Unless you''re super into Tiffany and/or love paying a ton of extra $, go with a PS vendor! I''d go with either Whiteflash or BGD since they''ve done it so well before.

I loooooooooooooooooooove paying extra money. Because college is free!
28.gif

Thank you all for your help and for showing me other options!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results