shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged with a beautiful vintage Art Deco ring!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I'm engaged! After a year of searching and coming here for opinions and advice on stones and settings, my new fiancé chose a beautiful vintage ring from Jewels by Erica Grace. My journey has been long and I've looked at hundreds of stones and settings. I knew I wanted something vintage, but my honey wasn't interested in purchasing something "used." We looked at Modern Round Brilliants in a vintage halo setting...we looked at AVCs and AVRs in vintage replica settings...we looked and looked. Then we got the Sneak Peek and there it was...the ring I was trying to recreate. It was perfect, even though the center stone is smaller than I originally wanted and it is not certified, only appraised. But, it spoke to me. It spoke to Jason too because he contacted Grace and worked out all the details. Apparently, he's had the ring for a few weeks, finding the right moment to ask. Last night, in our PJs, with our pup Maya snoring beside us, I look over and he is down on one knee and he is holding the ring! I cannot remember anything he said, except: Will you marry me?

I only have a couple of really bad iPhone hand pics. I will take more later. But, I don't want to disappoint you, so I also have pics from Jewels by Erica Grace. It's even more beautiful and special in person. I am so happy and excited I could burst!

Specs:
.57cts. OEC. J/K color, VS2 clarity (GIA standards) set in 18k white gold filigree setting
Wedding band is platinum, set with .35ctw (est) of diamond melee

hand_shot_1.jpg

hand_shot_profile.jpg

img_5908-l.jpg

img_5909-l.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, what a beautiful ring! Congratulations on your engagement!!! Wear your ring in health and happiness!!!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Missy,
I must say I see no tint to the diamond at all. It faces up white and gosh does it sparkly with big, bold flashes. I would not hesitate to recommend a lower color OEC...and even though I only had a brief e-mail chat with Erica, they are amazing! They promised me they would find Jason a "killer engagement ring," and they did!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh beautiful ring! I remember seeing it on Jbeg's website! And of course I love the engagment story!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS RING!! Congratulations! Now put that puppy on the right (or left, in this case) hand, engaged lady!! :appl:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
That's beautiful! Congratulations!

That's going to look LOVELY as a set! :love:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! REally really pretty ring! The detail on it is so unique!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a lovely set! I am so happy for you that you were able to find a ring that you just adore. It's beautiful! I hope it thrills you to look at it every single day!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is just stunning!!! I adore the setting. Wonderful find.

Congrats on your engagement!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mandasand|1364238347|3413063 said:
Thanks Missy,
I must say I see no tint to the diamond at all. It faces up white and gosh does it sparkly with big, bold flashes. I would not hesitate to recommend a lower color OEC...and even though I only had a brief e-mail chat with Erica, they are amazing! They promised me they would find Jason a "killer engagement ring," and they did!

I don't know what it is about old cuts but color just doesn't seem the same in them vs modern cuts. They face up so bright and white despite their color grade. Yay for gorgeous old cuts!!! :love:

And Yay for JbEG! They never disappoint! :appl:
And ofc double YAY for Jason! He did good!! :cheeky:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Congratulations!!! How perfect - the ring, the proposal, the effort he put into it!!! Hip hip hooray!!! It is a beautiful setting and looks perfect on your hand! i love with the wedding band, too!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I've followed your journey of finding an engagement ring and I'm so happy you found one you love. It's a gorgeous ring - the shot of the OEC facing us :love: Congrats on your engagement, enjoy this special time.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, mandasand, it's just beautiful!!!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Love that set! If the diamond had been a slightly larger OMC, I might have arm-wrestled you for that ring :lol:. I'm having a setting in a very similar shape custom-made for the OMC I bought.

I'm glad a PSer got that set. It's a beauty. Congratulations!

liz

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
yayyy mandasand!!!!! I'm so happy for you, it's such a beautiful, beautiful vintage ring!!! Is that a bird or some flowers on the shank cut out? I love the band you guys chose as well. And the lil penguins in the background! So much love going around. hehe. Happy planning!!! :wavey: :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Hoooooorayyyyyyy on your engagement!!!!!!! Beautiful ring!!! So happy for you

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats manda! Lovely proposal story and beautiful ring. :appl:

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1364254177|3413271 said:
yayyy mandasand!!!!! I'm so happy for you, it's such a beautiful, beautiful vintage ring!!! Is that a bird or some flowers on the shank cut out? I love the band you guys chose as well. And the lil penguins in the background! So much love going around. hehe. Happy planning!!! :wavey: :appl:

Panda,
I wasn't sure either if it was a bird or a flower but it's a flower! The filigree detail is very unique. It's just not something that I have seen in a replica setting. It is very delicate and we are a little worried about it breaking. The band came with the ring...it is not a matched set. I plan on getting an engraved wedding band with some kind of flower detail. I want to alternate between the e-ring and diamond band, but always wear the plain wedding band I get. I actually don't want the band to be a true vintage, but a replica. I think it will be special to have a new wedding band. Getting engaged is so overwhelming!

Oh and penguins are my favorite animal! My penguins had to make an appearance!

Yay!
Manda

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful ring. The jBeg logo is beautiful too ... did it change or I just haven't noticed it before.

On a side note, your photos will be removed as we aren't allowed to post with vendor logos.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love Grace & Erica's things! Beautiful e-ring ring and I love the band too! Lucky girl! Congrats!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I am so happy for you! I have read your threads as you were searching for the perfect ring and I think you found it :love: :love: :love: Such a beautiful setting and the diamond looks absolutely luscious! Congratulations :appl:

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
mandasand, it's beautiful!! :))

I'm happy your fiance found a ring that is what you wanted and that he loves too.

it looks great on your hand :))

congrats on your engagement!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A really beautiful ring!! It looks right at home on your finger - the band is so pretty too! Congrats! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results