shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs are in! WF 3-stone trellis mods

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tevyk

Rough_Rock
I had Whiteflash make a few modifications to their standard 3-stone trellis design for my girlfriend''s (surprise) ering. My original setting thread.

Center diamond is an eye clean .803 F SI2 ACA, sides are 17 point ACA melees.

Side stone size was chosen to accentuate the center (rather than ''flow with'' it in what I think is a more ''typical'' 3-stone look). I think I showed them a picture of february2003bride''s 3-stone princess trellis and said I wanted a similar look in terms of diamond size ratio, but with RBs.

I also wanted the side stones to sit a little lower/under the center than they do in their normal RB 3-stone trellis .. their princess 3-stone trellis pictured on the website sort of looks like this. Also with the sides a bit ''closer'' to the center and angled to follow the curve of the ring, rather than being elevated with the tables closer to parallel with the center (top-down view of their trois brillant sort of does this).

Also had them do a 3mm wide band. Depending on who at WF you ask, either 3 or 4mm is standard, and I definitely wanted something daintier than some of the pictures I''d seen.

Anyway, I love what they did ... these images are almost exactly what I had in mind (though I''m trying not to stare at them too much so I don''t get thrown off by the "CADyness" of them!)

What do you guys think?

tevyk - CAD -  052808 - 1ver1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you did great!! I really like it with the center stone higher and I can''t wait to see it when it is finished.
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it - good work you!!!!! And - a surprise too - hiow nice! She''s gonna love it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s going to be stunning!
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I think it will be a winner :) beautiful :D

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! My friend has a ring with similar proportion and it is so gorgeous. It highlights the center stone, yet give more bling finger-coverage. That''s my dream e-ring proportions!

tevyk

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your positive comments so far!

For those who like information like this (asked about the height in comparison to some of their other settings):
Author: Whiteflash
Now, your ring is like this: Center stone: 6.1mm sides: 4.0mm

A standard trellis if we were using your stones, would look like this: Center stone: about 5.0mm sides: abou the same at 4.0mm maybe a tiny bit higher

A solitaire's center stone will actually sit a little higher than your final design's center stone (about 6.5 to 7mm, depending on the stone size), but that is because it does not have other stones that sit to the side of the center stone, and becuse the head that holds the center stone is a separate structure from the main ring.

Shameless self promotion: my proposal idea thread; feedback appreciated!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that is going to be just lovely

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, so pretty!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ooohhh - that''s going to be just GORGEOUS
30.gif
Can''t wait to see the finished product - I''m sure it will be absolutely stunning
36.gif
36.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
The size of those stone are going to be just great. It looks wonderful.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
How did I miss this?? It''s SO beautiful! What a great way to go. I know she is going to love it. It is truly beautiful! Well done! :) PLEASE post hand shots once you finally pop the question, ok?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!!!!

shay

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
OH! A CAD is a computer aided design. Neat. I guess they do not have the organic feel of a custom made ring...where the jeweler actually carves the setting by hand. I bet they are much cheaper than having them hand done. SAVE SOME MONEY, Y''ALL!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 1:07:38 PM
Author: IrishBreakfast
I think it is going to be beautiful! Can''t wait to see it all finished!
36.gif
Ditto! Can''t wait to see what this CAD looks like in real life production!!

tevyk

Rough_Rock
It''s here and looks great! No pictures until she sees it, though
2.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. 3 stone rings always provide great finger coverage. Good job.

Ben_G

Rough_Rock
tevyk - Did the changes you made to the ring (width reduction, changes in setting angles and height) end up making it a totally custom piece (with associated custom price), or was it considered modifications to the ring (which according to what I''ve heard is more than using a stock style, but less than totally custom)?

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s romantic when a guy puts so much thought and love into designing a ring for his intended bride. How many want to study the pictures of rings in bridal magazines? Yours is going to be amazing -- all the little details you''ve thought of right down to the daintiness of the band. She''s going to be thrilled with it, AND no one else will have one just like it because of all the tweaking you''ve done to the original design!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results