shape
carat
color
clarity

Another beautiful cushion engagement ring by Mark at ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Pricescope,

I cannot believe that I am finally, FINALLY getting to post the pictures of my very own engagement ring!

First - a few thanks. My fiance relied on your help every step of the way from choosing someone to make it, picking the stone, design, etc. Without all of the supportive comments from so many of you, I''m pretty sure I would still be waiting for him to pick JUST the right thing, so especially thanks to Crooked Rock, Surf Girl, Scarlet16, Pixley, and MrsSalvo (I hope I am not forgetting anyone) for encouraging him and steering him in the right direction
2.gif

Of course my biggest thanks goes to Mark at ERD who found the most amazing stone I''ve ever seen, and put it in the most beautiful setting I''ve ever seen. Mark was wonderful, patient, and worked with my fiance down to the most minute detail. We are extremely grateful to him for all that he did.
36.gif

If anyone is interested, here is a link that has a very closeup shot of the loose stone. You can see the chunks so much better in these pics: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/importance-of-cutlet-on-a-cushion.80982/page-2

And here is a link to the design: CAD review: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/importance-of-cutlet-on-a-cushion.80982/page-2

And finally, here are the specs.

Cushion Brilliant
7.64x7.05x4.19
1.70 carat
F
VS2
VG - Polish
VG - Symmetry
Fluor - None
Girdle - Med. to Thick faceted
Cutlet - Large (GIA report, gemologist believes closer to medium)
Table - 59%
Depth - 59.4%
Other Comments - crown angles greater than 40 degrees, additional clouds not shown

And hopefully, without further ado, I will be able to attach some pics . . .

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Another flower shot, hopefully this one has more detail

MaggieRingPic9.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic of all of the beautiful diamond work underneath

MaggieRingPic11.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY CRAP that is gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations on your engagement!

Any hand shots?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! It''s done!! I''m so glad that you love it! It turned out beautiful. I think that stone rocks, and the size of it is going to be perfect for everyday wear! I''m so glad that I was able to help!
Congrats! You just solidified that I am going to have to call Mark and have him do my eternity band! His work is beautiful!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
wow.. your ring is really beautiful!!!! congratulations and best of luck in life and love!!!!!!!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Sweet mercy! That stone looks way bigger than 1.7, congratulations!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love this ring!! It''s so beautiful!! CONGRATS on the ring and the engagement!!! YAY!

ljsmith001

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! SO pretty! Very similar to mine so of course i LOVE IT!!! Congrats!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Maggie!!! It''s absolutely gorgeous!!! Yay for cushions! Am so glad you finally posted photos; your FI did an awesome job.

Congrats again!

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
It''s perfection!!!
30.gif
Another amazing piece from Mark at ERD. The man is my hero!

Congrats on your engagement!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, just stunning!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just gorgeous, and those shots of the loose stone are to die for! Congrats!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
October2008bride: Thanks! No hand shots yet, I tried but they didn''t turn out. Fiance took the camera to work to size the pics for me, but I''ll try again when he gets home.

Monkeypie: Thanks for the complement!

CrookedRock - Thank you so much! You are kind of the standard bearer for the cushions so I''m especially glad that you like it. I hope that you do consider Mark for your band. I could not recommend him more highly.

Cbs102- Thank you! All of the best to you as well.

Newsgirl: I think it looks larger than 1.7 also. I think it is just cut really well. It''s so important to have a jeweler that knows these things because when we first started looking for cushions locally, they kept trying to tell us that they were all the same. Totally not all the same.

ljsmith - I looked for your ring and couldn''t find it! Please feel free to threadjack and shoot me your link. I would love to see it!

CDNinNYC - Thanks! As you know I am a big fan of yours as well!

Glitterbug - Thank you! I love to see Mark get recognition because he has found so many amazing stones for all of us.

Vespergirl - Thank you! I do love my cushion, but every time I see your avatar I get a little twinge for your gorgeous classic round. Oh well, that''s why we have ten fingers right? (Just kidding honey, if you''re reading
2.gif

LaurenthePartier- Thanks Lauren! I know, the loose shots are so much better. I don''t know why it has to be so hard to take these @#!* pictures!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
30.gif
Congratulations!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
YAY, it''s here! All I can say is, WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!
18.gif
The ring is sublime and it abosolutely does right by that beautiful cushion. I can''t stop looking at the gallery shot - it''s just so pretty, and the lines of the ring are perfect. Enjoy all the hours of fun gazing at that beauty and thinking about the sweet man that who proposed to you with it. glloyd77 sounds like quite a treasure given the time and effort he put into finding you the perfect stone and designing such a magical ring. I''m happy to have helped in any way, but that stone needed no help from me - it''s a knockout!
36.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
wow!! it''s so stunning!! i LOVE it!! congratulations on your engagement!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!
30.gif
WOW!
30.gif
WOW!
30.gif
what a stunningly beautiful ring! YOur cushion has one of the most beautiful "antiquey" cuts I have seen and that setting just makes the diamond explode with BEAUTY!! WOW again!
30.gif
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
IndyGirl22 -Thanks IndyGirl!

Pixley - You are just the sweetest person! I called Glloyd77 right away and said Pixley loves it! He knew who you were right away because of the precious pic of your daughter in your avatar. P.S. He is a treasure.

Vita Dolce - Thank you!

Pauly1 - Hey, I remember you! I should have acknowledged you earlier because when we were going back and forth between Asscher and Cushion, we saw your awesome engraved ring and it definitely helped us lean toward cushion. I love your side sapphires too. We are looking for a wedding band with some sapphires if you have any suggestions.

Cushioncutnut - Thank you, that was such a great compliment. I don''t know enough about the antiquey cuts to have an informed opinion, but I do know that I love the cut on this stone.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maggie, It is stunning. I love the knife edge it is just beautiful. LOVE your ring.

Linda

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh - that is officially the MOST beautiful setting I have ever seen! Absolutely perfect! Congrats!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Me lovees!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
What a stunner! That setting looks just perfect for your cushion. Congratulations!
36.gif

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
LindaW- Thank you, I really like the knife edge too, and I had never even heard of one before. Fiance saw a pic of a ring with one and really lliked the look. I''m glad he did!

Laurel25 - Thanks, what a supernice thing to say! Fiance agonized for months about whether I would like it, so he really appreciates that everyone seems to like it so far:)

Somehowcollide - Me lovee too
2.gif

Radiantquest - Thank you, I''m so glad it looked clean in the pics. I''m not the world''s best picture taker.

Joflier - Thanks! I think he did a great job with the setting as well. In person, it almost looks like a plain solitaire until you get real close, because most of the detail is so small that it is not immediately obvious, which is just what I wanted. I was originally torn between just wanting a plain solitaire because I happen to like thin bands, but I''m glad he went his own way and ignored me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results