shape
carat
color
clarity

70''s Cluster Cocktail Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
My MIL gave me this ring a few weeks ago to give to my youngest daughter (her youngest granddaughter). Being that she''s only 3, I will keep it for safekeeping until she''s old enough to wear it/appreciate it or do whatever she wants with it. My FIL (now her ex) gave it to her in the early ''70''s.

I''ve worn it on a couple of occasions for fun but find it too high and old fashioned for everyday wear. But I do think it''s a wonderful piece of jewellery and will continue to "play" with it when the mood hits me!
2.gif

It''s super, super white and shoots off fire like crazy; it''s wonderful to wear at low lighting restaurants or dinner parties.
9.gif

I''ve louped it and my untrained eye detects that they are decent cuts (but I''m not an expert
4.gif
) with a few inclusions in each diamond.

Thought I''d share a few pics for your viewing pleasure (I always find it fun to see other PS''s heirloom pieces).

Cachette
1.gif

old ring 060.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so sweet and pretty! Thanks for showing it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can tell from your pictures that it is sparkly and white, it is pretty. It does look like a wedding cake!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
One more! Sorry for so many. I always get carried away... Too much fun!!
9.gif

Thanks for looking!
35.gif

Cachette
1.gif

old ring 073.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 8:53:13 PM
Author: Cachette
I think it looks like a three tier wedding cake!!
It does! lol But man, is it full of firey lil diamonds or what??!
30.gif
I bet it IS gorgeous in low lighting!

Thanks for all the feyer candy!
9.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 9:14:05 PM
Author: Ellen

30.gif

9.gif
9.gif

Thanks Ellen! It''s really crazy how firey they are for such little diamonds! After reading the thread in RT on Cocktail rings I was inspired to share this little (but high!) ring!
But it kills me everytime I wear it and look at its profile!! I wish I could "squish" it down!
11.gif

Thanks tbrude and Diamond Dana!!!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 9:29:30 PM

Date: 6/8/2008 9:14:05 PM
Author: Ellen

30.gif

9.gif
9.gif

Thanks Ellen! It''s really crazy how firey they are for such little diamonds! After reading the thread in RT on Cocktail rings I was inspired to share this little (but high!) ring!
But it kills me everytime I wear it and look at its profile!! I wish I could ''squish'' it down!
11.gif

Thanks tbrude and Diamond Dana!!!
35.gif
I know!! lol The top down view is really pretty!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very Lovely
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-what a sparkler! Great pictures!

I have to say, at first I was like "Hmm-that doesn''t look *that* high" until I saw the profile shot!
6.gif
Hahaha-it does look just like a wedding cake! It''s such a cool profile, really!

chirp

Shiny_Rock
I like that it''s high, and it has such sparkle. how thoughtful of your MIL. It''s such a lovely ring.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow Cachette, that ring is really sparkly! I see what you mean about it being really high and kind of old fashioned... But it''s still a cool piece! Maybe your daughter will have it made into a pendant or earrings or something!

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
It''s so beautiful!
30.gif

I don''t think it''s too old fashioned to wear every day. I am sure your daughter will be very happy to receive it one day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results