shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on a RB with a round V.S. a cushion halo?

aquahot

Rough_Rock
I am having a hard time deciding which style I should have my new stone set in. I think both are equally beautiful.
Which style will make you look twice? Which style you think will better suit a 1.7 ct RB, size 4?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I need more information. Do you have photos of the two stones you are considering and setting options?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agree w Christina - please show us the options you are thinking of but I personally love the cushion halo w a round stone

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm voting cushion! It seems to give better finger coverage and make the stone look larger!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Will the cushion halo have corners angles like your inspiration picture? If so I would probably go for the round. I have had both shapes halo'ed. My opinion, for what it is worth, is that the round is more of a modern look while the cushion is more of an antique feel to it. I prefer the halo to follow the lines of the actual diamond to remain more timeless. So with that said pending on what type of look you are going for that would decide my shape choice.

aquahot

Rough_Rock
Here is another one:
I like the more rounded cushion shape... but I think the double halo will overwhelm my small stone also no split shank
ll.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on the quality of halo. The higher the quality the more I lean toward cushion. The reason I say that is because a cushion halo that isn't delicate tends to look bulky, but you can get away with a less delicate round halo.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
aquahot|1369090534|3450769 said:
Here is another one:
I like the more rounded cushion shape... but I think the double halo will overwhelm my small stone also no split shank
ll.jpg

Well that changes things! If you do a more rounded halo then I prefer the cushion. And I think a double halo on a 1ct is fine. Someone on here has one by either Victor canera or Steven Kirsch that is very well done. I will see if I can find the thread for you later tonight.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I prefer cushion halos with round stones, although there are plenty of beautiful round halos floating around here!

chiannney

Rough_Rock
I never post, but I thought I'd share a picture of my ring since it might help you make a decision. It might be similar to what you are considering - 1.7ct RB in a cushion halo, size 3.5. Hope this helps:

img_6913.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
chiannney|1369108965|3450963 said:
I never post, but I thought I'd share a picture of my ring since it might help you make a decision. It might be similar to what you are considering - 1.7ct RB in a cushion halo, size 3.5. Hope this helps:

img_6913.jpg

Gorgeous ring Chiannney! :love: I vote for something similar to this. I adore RB's in a soft cushion shaped halo!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 1.3 RB in a cushion halo. I wear a 5.75.

_6540.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love my round with cushion halo, but I only like the halos that are softer at the corners (not as "square")... It makes the stone look larger and gives more finger coverage! :appl:

I also like them to have an additional row of pave on the outside edges of the halo.

Here's mine: 2.43 ct., size 5.25

_4257.jpgimg_2107.jpg

The round halos are beautiful too! I love the Emilya by Victor Canera... Let us know what you decide!! :wavey:

aquahot

Rough_Rock
AHH!!! :appl:
I think my heart just skipped a beat! I know what I want now. Thank you all so much!

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results