shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori Engagement Rings and Wedding Bands (Eternity)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
I wanted to ask about Tacori settings. Does anyone have one that they really like? Have you had any problems with them? Did your GF/Fiance love it at first sight?

Any info would be helpful. I am planning to purchase a larger carat diamond (3-4) to be placed in the ROSE BUD Tacori setting. Any thoughts?

Is it true that Tacori rings are made for "up to" 2 carats?

Thanks,

Pete

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should call Tacori and see if they can go up to a 3ct head. They might be able to work with that.

I like a lot of tacori settings but I can't bring myslef to get one. I like being able to polish the band. I know they make unengraved bands and ornate heads as well but thats a pain.

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
Ame,

Can I see another photo of your ring (posted above your name). Is that your ring? It's very pretty. What size diamond? What kind of setting?

Thanks,

Pete

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
I also wonder about having such a large diamond in a 4-prong rather than a 6 prong. What do you think?

Why did you decide a 6 over 4 prong?

Thanks,

Pete

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the thread

The photos are broke at the moment but I can fix them this evening when I get home. I have to move them to another server. I changed my username on that server and didn't plan for that so that I could move them around at work.

My ring is a .86 center stone, in a platinum 6 prong. I don't care for 4 prongs for safety and security reasons. I feel that if you snap one prong you are done with a 4, and bye bye stone. With a 6 you can have one go but still have it safely in there. Less of the stone is exposed to smacks on stuff.

My ring is a stuller platinum heavy comfort fit band 300 filed to 1.5-2mm, with a stuller 6 prong solstice solitair low peg head in it. I am considering getting that part engraved a little for some cool ornateness.

monkeygirl7

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I just got the same Tacori setting (Rosebud)for my 10 yr anniversary present
appl.gif
. Matching wedding band too
1.gif
I can't tell you about wear since I've only had it a week, but so far I LOVE it! I fell in love with it the minute I saw an ad in InStyle Magazine, and even though I did a lot of research on other settings, I still had the strongest reaction to this one. I also liked the Koala (I think, the one with the double U prongs and no little diamonds on the sides of the center stone) but it was slightly more bulky. Things I like about this setting:
* antique look
* platinum (I'm a white metal girl, old setting was yellow gold)
* intricate, yet delicate milgrain and detail work -- it's much finer in person than in the magazine ads. It's not too busy for as much as it has going on.
* won't show scratches as much (I wear my rings all the time, so smooth finishes on the band get abused).
* love the sentimentality of the "eternity" theme
* nice view even when the ring goes south on cold days (my fingers are smaller at the base so they tend to be loose on cold days - that's what I get for cracking my knuckles
8.gif
)

That's a really big stone (by my standards, anyway) that you are planning to put in it. It might be a tad overpowering for those tiny side stones on either side of the center. The Koala design I originally considered might be more proportioned to your center. It's a slightly wider band and no small stones on the sides of the center might be more suited to a diamond of that size. Just a suggestion. To give you a comparison point, my center is a .87 but it measures a bit on the larger side at the table so on glance it looks like about a 1.0. I think a bigger stone would like just as nice, but not sure how much larger before it gets out of proportion to the band width.

Just curious, where are you planning to buy the setting -- B&M or online?

HTH

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
Hi Monkey Girl,

Thanks for your info and direct experience. My GF had the same emotions running through her when we tried on the Tacori Rose Bud setting. We talked about the size of the diamond center in ratio to the band size. We even placed a 3 carat diamond on top and it looked pretty awesome. If anything we might go to just under 3, but not sure yet.

I am happy to hear you love it... Congrats on 10 years! We are hoping for the same great mileage in our relationship!

Take care,

Pete

P.S. Do you happen to have a photo of your ring. I'd love to see it. Oh and we are planning to buy the diamond online and the actual setting from a local jewelry store. Any suggestions? Do you know how your husband went about it? Any help would be greatly apprecaited!

monkeygirl7

Rough_Rock
Hi again,

Regarding a pic of my ring, haven't got one yet. As others have commented, it's really hard to get a good photo of something so small -- I tried a few times and my digital camera just can't deal with it so all I get is a blur. I will tell you that it looks a lot like the ad photo since my stone is close to a 1.0 in diameter and it's a D color. That reminds me, definitely watch for color when you buy the center because I believe the pave and side diamonds are E color. I'm sure all the experts here on this board could chime in on that issue.

As for the setting purchase, "we" went through a B&M (my DH is great, but left the research for me in this area, now cars and vacations are whole 'nother matter
wink2.gif
). I looked at a couple onlines, figuring I'd save on tax, but in the end I felt more comfortable doing the setting through a physical store. After going to just about every Tacori authorized dealer in the SF-South Bay area, I selected Willow Glen Diamon Company (small, independent b&m). They were so great, and I am definitely happy with their customer service. Someday, if we decide to upgrade the diamond I might go through online for that ...

Good luck! You have a very lucky lady there
1.gif
. I'm sure she'll love her ring as much as I do.

MG

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My photos are fixed. Click that link for the thread
1.gif

Yup that was my ring in the avatar. I think I forgot to say that.

SLH

Shiny_Rock
Heiny10,

Here is a picture of my Tacori ring. The center stone is 2.03 carats. I bought the ring in 2001. My only disappointment in the ring is how light it feels.

Hindsight being 20/20. I would have opted for the custom route and saved about $3,000. I don't recall the collection my ring is under, but it cost $6,500. I could have bought a larger stone and a nice mounting without the brand name.

A few months ago I decided to upgrade my center stone which led me to Leon for the mounting. Best of luck to you.

Resize of RingOnFinger2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results