shape
carat
color
clarity

Steps from diamond purchase to setting the diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Hello PSers!

Just wanted to know the general protocol from purchasing the diamond to sending the diamond to a custom designer.

In this case, I am curious as to the steps of insuring the diamond and appraisals. Is there a thread on this already?

Please help!

In my situation, I am potentially purchasing a diamond online from either Brian Gavin or WF, and then having it set by Leon Mege. No purchases or calls made yet, just wanted to know how it''s usually done in this sort of situation regarding insuring it and shipping it, etc.

Thanks

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one...

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Thank you... but it looks like this is for insuring an actual ring. I was curious about what to do regarding insurance and appraisal before sending a diamond to Leon Mege for a custom design.

Basically going to an independent appraiser will also insure the diamond, is that correct, and then it goes to the designer for setting and the insurance will protect the diamond in case the setting damages the diamond somehow?

Then the next step is go back to the appraiser for a final appraisal?

Or do we just get the diamond insured, without worrying about the appraisal? My diamond will be from Brian Gavin.

I just want to make sure we are doing everything correctly.

Thanks!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
If you want to everything correctly...well...if that equates to cautiously (I don''t know what''s either correct or even reasonable, necessarily), you will have both the diamond and setting (somehow) insured in advance of the setting. This link buried also beneath my signature (and others like it on board here) helps walk you through. Only JM does this, and the process is at least somewhat tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results