shape
carat
color
clarity

Sleepless in Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Hello Folks,

I am seriously considering contacting Webster’s to see if they will enter a new word to describe hypochondria for first time diamond buyers, so I may better describe my condition

19.gif

In the meantime and to allow me to rest easy, I would be delighted if you could spare a moment to comment on the stats for this diamond...

Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.014
Color: D
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 60.5
Table: 55.9
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown %: 15.6
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.52-6.55X3.95

Many thanks in advance.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s not to love?? Specs look awesome!! Now get some sleep, LOL!!!!
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really...this is a great first choice! The D color will have a nice price premium on it, but it should be an excellent stone!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect! Seriously. And a D on top of it all.
30.gif

Sleep. It''s fabulous.
36.gif
You''ve done a great job.

Elagabalus

Rough_Rock
If it has a pointed cutlet lookind down at the diamond when the diamond is face up will make it look like it''s hollow. Cutlet should be minimal to none. If you can live with a diamond that looks hollow ok. It''s not hollow but the cutlet makes it look that way which is why cutlet is undesirable.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 7:37:37 PM
Author: Elagabalus
If it has a pointed cutlet lookind down at the diamond when the diamond is face up will make it look like it's hollow. Cutlet should be minimal to none. If you can live with a diamond that looks hollow ok. It's not hollow but the cutlet makes it look that way which is why cutlet is undesirable.

That's not true. I've seen diamonds with pointed culets and I've never seen one of them that looks hollow like that.

Elagabalus

Rough_Rock
Culet not cutlet my appologies. The other specs look amazing, can you find a stone that good with a culet rating of "none"?

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
If it has a pointed cutlet lookind down at the diamond when the diamond is face up will make it look like it''s hollow. Cutlet should be minimal to none. If you can live with a diamond that looks hollow ok. It''s not hollow but the cutlet makes it look that way which is why cutlet is undesirable.
I always thought that "pointed" or "none" were desirable culets.............

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 7:41:34 PM
Author: Carlotta

I always thought that ''pointed'' or ''none'' were desirable culets.............
Yes. That''s what I''ve been made to understand too.

I think Elagabalus that you are wrong.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 7:43:03 PM
Author: Gypsy

I always thought that ''pointed'' or ''none'' were desirable culets.............

Yup, not the first time...
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 7:44:05 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 7/8/2006 7:43:03 PM

Yup, not the first time...
2.gif

Yeah, I''ve noticed that too.

Elagabalus. I just checked... according to the diamond experts at Whiteflash Pointed culet and None mean the same thing.

Here''s the link, for your edification.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pointed-culet.37892/=

Elagabalus

Rough_Rock
Call your jeweller. No culet. Pointed culet is not desirable.

This is from Bluenile.com

Culet:

Culet

The facet at the tip of the pavilion of a gemstone. The preferred culet is not visible with the unaided eye (graded "none" or "small").

AND this is from www.diamondsonweb.com

Culet:
The culet refers to the very bottom of the diamond, at the base of the pavilion. In older European-cut diamonds this facet can been seen, when you look straight down through the table of the diamond. It will look like the diamond has a hole in the middle. The preferred stone has no culet or a very small culet.

For more information on diamonds read DoW’s 4C’s on diamond information.

I highly suggest that you dont listen to someone who is trying to SELL you a diamond. Pointed culet being a good thing hahah how absurd.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No one is trying to sell this person this diamond.

I highly suggest that you educate yourself on this forum, it''s rules, and it''s occupants. You have, time and time again, posted incorrect information on this forum. Perhaps it is you, not the other members on here... that is the problem.

Elagabalus

Rough_Rock
You''ve gone off topic. You tend to do that.

Let''s stick to the topic at hand, which is culet.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 7:47:31 PM
Call your jeweller. No culet. Pointed culet is not desirable.

This is from Bluenile.com

Culet:

Culet

The facet at the tip of the pavilion of a gemstone. The preferred culet is not visible with the unaided eye (graded ''none'' or ''small'').

AND this is from www.diamondsonweb.com

Culet:
The culet refers to the very bottom of the diamond, at the base of the pavilion. In older European-cut diamonds this facet can been seen, when you look straight down through the table of the diamond. It will look like the diamond has a hole in the middle. The preferred stone has no culet or a very small culet.

For more information on diamonds read DoW’s 4C’s on diamond information.

I highly suggest that you dont listen to someone who is trying to SELL you a diamond. Pointed culet being a good thing hahah how absurd.

Again you are jumping to conclusions without reading carefully. This is a round brilliant. Not an ''older european-cut'' diamond. In a ROUND BRILLIANT a pointed culet is, in effect, the same as a none.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
I just read through some old PS thread re: culet
Both John Q and Oldminer (dave atlas) has stated in other posts that pointed and none are basically the same thing.......(you wouldn''t want a LARGE culet on a modern round brilliant)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 7:55:21 PM
Next you''ll tell me that I and J coloured diamonds are quality stones.

LMAO.

It''s a troll. Posing as a God. That''s priceless.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ideal cut I or J diamonds are quality stones. They are priced lower than higher color stones because higher color stones are more rare. Color has to do with personal preference. I''d rather have an ideal cut I color stone than a D good cut stone anyday.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 7:57:55 PM

LMAO.

It''s a troll. Posing as a God. That''s priceless.
Hope sleepless is sleeping now........doesn''t need this!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 8:00:56 PM
Priceless yes. Unlike the diamonds you''ve been buying.

According to whom? The ONE jeweler you spoke to who is 1) "all about integrity" and 2) trying to sell you HIS own non-ideal cut "F" color S12 stones rather the "internet" stone you originally asked him if he''d set?

Ya know what''s priceless? Being debt free.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 8:13:45 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 7/8/2006 8:00:56 PM
Priceless yes. Unlike the diamonds you''ve been buying.

According to whom? The ONE jeweler you spoke to who is 1) ''all about integrity'' and 2) trying to sell you HIS own non-ideal cut ''F'' color S12 stones rather the ''internet'' stone you originally asked him if he''d set?

Ya know what''s priceless? Being debt free.
Troll, loud and clear
24.gif
20.gif

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be an elegant and beautiful setting, Steel! Some girls here do have similar settings to that, so hopefully they will chime in! I''d encourage you to be sure there is a little metal at the bottom to allow for sizing, though.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a gorgeous setting!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results