shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of a plain shank oval halo??

FutureMrs_B

Rough_Rock
Hey guys! I'm wondering if anyone has photos of a plain shank oval halo? I'm looking to have my 7X5mm oval sapphire mounted into a halo setting, with a plain shank, but can't find any decent photos to show the jeweler! I think we're looking at having a double halo, but I'd like it to be very dainty, so under 1 pointers. I want the double halo in TOTAL, metal included to be 2mm or under is possible :) So hard to find a photo of though! haha

If anyone can help with pictures, that would be wonderful :D Thanks everyone!

Von03

Shiny_Rock
I know my photo isn't a plain shank, but I do own a double halo, that I consider to be very delicate. Thought I'd share a photo for you, if it helps with the halo aspect.

Hope you're able to design the ring of your dreams! Come back with photos!!

_5380.jpg

_5381.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my only concern about a double halo is if it can be done for a 1k budget?

here are a few oval plain shank halos i could find
_1270_0.jpg

_5384.jpg

_5385.jpg

FutureMrs_B

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the help everyone!

@Von03: you're ring is stunning!! I LOVE the double halo on it, and the diamond shank. Thank you for the lovely photos.

@Neil: I'm worried about the budget as well, but we've been told it can be done. I'm looking for a VERY delicate double halo, essentially what I have now but two rows instead of one. I'm having trouble figuring out what size the diamonds in my halo are though.. My concern is that my stone is on the smaller side, so I figured if I upped the size of the stones in the halo, it would look "off". So I thought that maybe two halos of the same size might look better. I'll attach some photos of my ring so you can see what I mean.

_5397.jpg

The sapphire is 7X5mm and oval shaped.

What I currently don't like about my ring is how my halo sits much lower around the stone, and I can see a fair bit of prong. I'd rather just see the tips of the prong, not the entire thing. Know what I mean?

This photo shows what I mean regarding the halo and prongs.
img_20130410_163855.jpg

What I'd like is a plain shank, tapering in towards the center, with the halo raised up. I'm also not happy with the quality of the stones in my ring. The diamonds are J in color, and fair cut.. so they don't quite have enough sparkle for me!

I'm having a heck of a time finding a jeweler who can help us out as well :( Boo!

OH! and how might I be able to figure out the size of my stones in the ring? Would I need to see a jeweler to do that? I have the TCW of the diamonds in the ring, if that helps at all?

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results