shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed - round diamond ring with pear side stones?

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
First post, but I have spent a ton of time here! I am upgrading my diamond and I am searching for the perfect ring setting. My front runner is a round diamond ring with pear side stones. My biggest fear is that the V prongs will “poke” my neighboring fingers and be uncomfortable. Does anyone have any opinions on this? Even though the “pinched” shank looks beautiful with this style of ring, I know I will have to get a flatter shank (asprey I believe), just to be safe.

The biggest reason I want a new setting is that my current setting is very uncomfortable. It has pave diamond detailing on the sides of the shank and the tiny prongs are like sandpaper on the inside of my neighboring fingers. I don’t want to make this mistake again!

I have quotes from both Leon Mege and Steven Kirsch for this particularly design and I am hoping to travel to NY to meet with both of them in a few weeks, as well as pick out a diamond probably from ERD.

The other setting I am highly intrigued by is a Steven Kirsch design – “True Love”, but I am not sure if I would like the thinner shoulder/shank. I like my rings to be a little thicker as I don’t wear a wedding band. Any thoughts?

http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/solitaire/r0215.html

Pear setting
http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/three-stone/r0313.html

I should mention, I am looking for a 3.2 - 3.6 carat round diamond.

Thanks for your help! I have learned so much from this forum!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Opinions needed - round diamond ring with pear side ston

Oh, I would do the pear sides with a 3 ct round! That is incredibly elegant! One of my favorite rings here was like that, and I couldn't believe it but she traded it for a halo cushion (which is beautiful,too, of course)! I like the other setting, but my choice would be the pear sides.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kristydarlings-3-stone-by-leon-mege.44363/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kristydarlings-3-stone-by-leon-mege.44363/[/URL]

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, I love Kristydarling's ring and also her new one! Thanks for your opinion! Any thoughts on comfort of this style? I am super paranoid about the v-prongs.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock

I am super excited, I am meeting with Steven kirsch in 2 weeks! Any input on the pear side diamonds? I think I have thrown out the true love ring style but I am now fascinated by the tapered French cut stones on the side. Would love input!

Orchislily

Rough_Rock

Hi, I have pear sides with v-prongs but my center stone is significantly smaller than what yours would be so there's some space with my neighboring fingers. It's hurt a bit when I've fallen asleep with my ring twisted and the vprong pressed up against a finger but I don't usually have a problem! Definitely not during the day

_4125.jpg

_4126.jpg

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock

Orchislily - thanks for the input! Beautiful ring too! I appreciate the pictures!

lage

Rough_Rock

lunemo

Shiny_Rock

Another vote for pear side stones! If I were you I would ask LM and SK about the comfort issue when you meet them in 2 weeks. Good luck!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think pear side stones look great with a round center diamond.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for your input! I have actually purchased the stone, met with Steven Kirsch and decided to move forward with the pear side stones. Now I am waiting for the pears to be sourced before the official 4 weeks starts for Steven to make the ring! It is going to be a long month!

Lage - I saw your new ring and it looks perfect! I hope mine turns out as well! I haven't officially signed a work order with Steven since ERD is sourcing the pears, so any other advice before that happens on design? Any idea on how "low" your profile/setting is? I am used to a high setting and I am now excited about a lower setting. He thought it could probably be between 6.5mm & 8mm high if I would like.

Thanks!

lage

Rough_Rock

Tweeter, my setting measures approximately 5.5-6mm high and my stone is half your stone size, so I'd anticipate SK's 6.5-8mm estimate to be comparable. I lack artistic talent, so trusted his expertise and asked him to make one like his website image and left the details to him. We met for about 30 minutes and exchanged less than 6 emails. About all I requested was that the pear sides to be on the larger vs. smaller size of what would be appropriate for the stone. I'm excited to see your finished product!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you Lage, that is helpful!

Both ERD and Steven are looking for matching pears right now. The wait is killing me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results