shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch Reset

lage

Rough_Rock
Over seven years of marriage, my husband and I had developed concerns about the durability of my 18kt halo setting (stones fell out, repeated rhodium replating, and engraving wore away), and I had become disenchanted with the chunky prongs and how high they set the stone. Last summer, my husband said he wanted to replace the setting with platinum and suggested I spend some time researching what I wanted. After months of searching and contemplating, I choose to de-halo and add side stones. The three stone rings with pear sides by LM and SK drew me in and choosing between them was a challenge, but Steven’s use of larger side stones and his eternity band styles won me over. He promptly replied to my inquiry and was gracious, funny, conscientious, and incredibly easy to work with. We dropped the old ring off on a Friday afternoon and he was ready to ship 4 weeks later. It turned out even better than I could have imagined and my stone sparkles much more. The old 18kt wedding band looks so ugly in comparison that I don’t wear it and am planning a SK platinum eternity band in the future (hopefully near). My left ring finger is a size 5, but the ring is a 5.5 so I can wear it on both hands. The center stone is a 1.49 H-VS1 round and the sides are .44 and .43 J-VS1 pears.

img_580.jpg

img_581.jpg

snow_shot.jpg

sun_shot.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely reset. Classic beauty with lovely lines. The fire photo scorched my retina. I hope you're able to get your new wedding band soon.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE those double prongs!! YOWZERS They are stunning - so tiny and sharp and pointy---- ooh, my heart is just racing when I look at them!!! YUMMY!!! Beautiful 3 stone setting, lage, it is just GORGEOUS and well worth the wait for it!! Is that unplated WG?? It just looks so lovely and warm in one or two of those shots!

And speaking of shots.... W :love: W to the fire shots!! WOW, Matata is right - a little retina explosion happened when I looked at that shot!

Congratulations on your anniversary and best wishes for many more happy years together!!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That's really gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: I am a big fan of SK's work. Many PSers have beautiful rings made by him.

I am so happy for you!

D

Deactivated member 42515

One of my faaaavorite settings ever!!! Anything that has two pears hugging it is beautiful!!!

Loooooove!!!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful - congrats on the reset!

lage

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for the wows and kind words. I love it!

Matata, I hope it happens soon! My husband said we'd have to wait a while, but yesterday he asked me to send Steven's contact info to his work email for a guy in his office (who already is married). I'm suspicious, as he made the comment while my step-daughter and I were holding up the new ering next to eternity band photos on SK's website. We have an anniversary in May, so I'm thinking he might contact SK to make an eternity band and surprise me. Now my big dilemma is between R0406 and R0413 with 7 or 8 point stones. Lol!

Enerchi, the ring is made of platinum. I suspect the metal is reflecting warm colors in the environment and the stones. My sun shot was completely self-indulgent. :)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always love a good 3 stone, and I'm totally enthralled w/ yours! Gorgeous!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful reset!!! Do you have any "before" pictures? That fire shot...yowza!!

lage

Rough_Rock
Shots of the old set. I had planned to put a colored stone in the setting, but the new ring is so beautiful, I don't know if I'd wear the old one.

_3636.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, I love your new setting SO much more!! :appl: :love:

So classic and beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! :love: Elegant and timeless!! Wear in health and happiness!!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I like the new ring much better - it really lets your diamond shine! Congrats!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! The proportions are perfect! Well done! :appl:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh! I do love a nice three stone. Well done! I hope you get your delicious 8 pointer band soon. Do put a nice coloured stone in the old setting, it would look lovely on your right hand.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
So classic and lovely! Congrats! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's stunning. Pear side stones are my favorite setting for a MRB. Could we have a profile shot pretty please?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring, is maybe the best three stone beauty i've ever seen in my life... I totally love it and i'm crazy about the pear side stones :love: Perfection my dear....huge congrats :appl:

diamond924

Rough_Rock
What a beauty! The new setting is a great showcase for your diamond. Congrats!!!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :appl: :love: It's beautiful!! Steven Kirsch really does make the dreamiest rings...

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is so gorgeous!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! The new ring is just beautiful! :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: It's amazing - I think i'd love it with a plain wedding band. I think you should put a pretty colored stone in your original halo and wear it as a RHR. Maybe one of the les expensive colored stones, so it's not a heafty investment, but you should wear it.................

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1360603885|3377569 said:
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: It's amazing - I think i'd love it with a plain wedding band. I think you should put a pretty colored stone in your original halo and wear it as a RHR. Maybe one of the les expensive colored stones, so it's not a heafty investment, but you should wear it.................

I completely agree with this idea!! The original setting is just beautiful and I could see a nice deep coloured stone, well saturated, sitting in that setting, as a RHR. Oh... that would be amazing! Sapphire? Ruby? (both pricey unfortunately) Spinel? Amethyst? What is your birthstone or your DH's? you could pop one of that stone in there? *unless is April, then... "been there done that"!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very beautiful. I have a soft spot for well proportioned pears. My e-ring stone is a pear :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my, that is elegant and stunning!!! :love: :love: :love: Truly that is one of my very favorite settings, and Steven did a fabulous job! :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Oh my-your ring is stunning :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Classic, elegant, really beautiful! Proportions are perfect!
Love pears as sidestones, yummy :lickout: Congrats on a fabulous reset!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your reset!! :appl:

There's just something about pear accents w/ a round center stone ... I LOVE that combo. It flows so perfectly, wow. I'm trying to
picture your new ring with an eternity band next to it, and I've got to say that I'm having a hard time. This 3-stone ring looks absolutely splendid by itself!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! Congratulations!

lage

Rough_Rock
You all are so kind. Thank you for all the good ideas. Currently, I wear the ring alone as SK recommended, though do feel a bit naked without a wedding band of some sort. Attached are a few more shots as requested. Please excuse the poor lighting and grainy iPhone shots - reflection from the gold sofa didn't help.

_3673.jpg

_3674.jpg

_3675.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results