shape
carat
color
clarity

My New GOG August Vintage Cushion

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
Hello folks,
Thanks to everyones gorgeous help, this little Australian has found herself an August Vintage Cushion Cut diamond.
36.gif

GIA CERTIFICATE
OLD MINE BRILLIANT
6.29 X6.20 X 4.06
1.17carat
I VVS2
POLISH GOOD
SYMM GOOD
FLU NONE
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6386/

For anyone interested in the process threads are here

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/erd-chunky-cushion-or-gog-avc-help-to-decide.138228/
and here
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/august-vintage-cushion-for-hw-inspired-halo-ring.137347/

The little gem (no pun intended) is now sitting pretty (again no pun intended) with my jeweller (Jewels by Erica Grace) until I have it made up into a HW inspired halo style.. I must say I''m bursting with gratitute to everyone here and in particular to the team at GOG and to Erica. They have both been AMAZING and gone over and above what I would ever have expected anyone to do for me. When the ring in finalised (will be a little while - need to find the moolah for the setting, but I''m happy to wait) I will be sure to add more details about the process so that everyone can see what superb people they are both to work with. Without getting all Oprah about it - they were top players.... Anyho..

Erica very kindly offered to have to stone sent to her for ''approval'' and to be my other set of eyes (after Jon at GOG of course)... I thought I would pop on some pics that Erica has taken for me to help me see the beauty of this little baby. I will admit I''m still a teeny bit nervous about the I coloring, but I think it looks much better than I thought it would, and in a halo setting I''m sure even better.

Some of Erica''s shots here of the loose stone and even video (not sure yet if i can think that?) In some photos Erica has put my stone along side some grading cz stones, there is an E, G, then my I cushion. The cut is different but it was to help me compare.
Now onto the images......

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
Promise i will sort out the fuzziness... i need to keep resizing...

kylie117gogring2.jpg

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
hello lover....

kylie117gogring3.jpg

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
i love you too...

kylie117gogring5.jpg

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
sparkle much?

kylie117gogring6.jpg

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
little side action...

kylie117gogring7.jpg

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
waiting for my halo...

kylie117gogring8.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would LOVE an AVC! I can''t wait to see it in its setting!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a beauty, I am delighted for you!!!!

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
YUMMY!!!

18.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the kind words CN. It is a pleasure to serve. We are very excited for you to see the AVC live.

Just wanted to say, this is the first time we''ve worked with Erica-Grace and they are truly a pleasure to work with. Because of you I was put in touch with and have been communicating with Erica and she has been extremely easy and accommodating to work with. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great. Photos can often exaggerate tint depending on the lighting. I suspect the most accurate photo is the side shot outside when the stone is held in the slip, which shows the least tint. If the I color looked like it does is some of those photos for real, then I think it would actually be graded lower than an I. Just my toughts!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! Love those AV cushions!

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much! If you think it''s white then that eases my mind..
Date: 3/22/2010 7:59:28 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
It''s beautiful! The I is so white.
To be honest, I didn''t know what to expect with the I grading... but it does look whiter than expected indeed! (No one in my family has diamonds larger than .3ct
36.gif
or so.... so it was hard to imagine the color)...

sammie83

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 4:02:46 AM
Author: CushionNovice
being sized up..
what a beauty!!! i was wondering if you could tell me the sizes and color/clarities of the RBs in the pic? i''m considering switching my F VS1 RB for an AVC

thanks!

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 5:40:27 PM
Author: sammie83
Date: 3/22/2010 4:02:46 AM

Author: CushionNovice

being sized up..

what a beauty!!! i was wondering if you could tell me the sizes and color/clarities of the RBs in the pic? i''m considering switching my F VS1 RB for an AVC

thanks!
From OP''s first post, last paragraph. These are grading CZ stones, E, G and the AVC I.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it''s a lovely stone, congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results