shape
carat
color
clarity

is h&a worth the premium?

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Light return wise, no difference. Patterning, maybe, the GOG stone is not too far out of H&A optical symm.

kkim8

Rough_Rock
Fwiw, the GOG diamond has an HCA score of 1.3, versus the WF stone, which scores 1.4

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
HCA is a rejection tool not a selection tool, it will tell you what is not performing up to par but not which is performing the best out of a lot. Under 2 is worthy of further investigation, looking at idealscope image, etc.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as these two diamonds are concerned I'd have to flip a coin.
Better yet, I'd compare all of the policies of the companies and make a decision that way.

Ruup

Rough_Rock
Doesn't seem to be much difference at all, out of the two I'd go for the goodoldgold one and spend the $800 saved on the actual setting!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends why you want H&A, if you want a pretty stone that performs well go w/ the non-H&A GOG and save a little, if the reason you want H&A is the mind-cleanliness of knowing you've got perfect hearts, the GOG won't fulfill that need...

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Thing is with that GOG stone is that save for two mains and their LGFs it pretty much is H&A.
I see leakage and/and excess obstruction in that area of the stone a bit as well.

Would you notice it enough? Maybe, probably not.
Is it worth the premium? That is up to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results