shape
carat
color
clarity

ID jewelry for a prong set eternity band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Has any one gotten one from ID jewelry? How was quality and service? They don''t have the best pictures online. Are the prongs delicate or bulky?

I was considering Facets before the great price increase. I consulted a PS recommended custom vendor, but have not gotten a quote despite several emails.
I saw ID mentioned, and they replied quickly to my email with a very reasonable quote. Can anyone give me anymore information?

pixie123

Rough_Rock
I would love to hear the answer for this question as well, since I''ve been looking at ID jewelry''s eternity bands as well. I did a PS search and all the reviews I came up with are positive, but there are typically for solitaires.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Pixie123, I''ve been emailing them with questions the past few days, and they have been extremely nice and helpful, and answer questions very quickly. Sorry, I still don''t know anymore about the eternity rings!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never worked with them, but I know a lot of PSers love working with Yukutiel.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hear hear!!! I feel I must respond as I was there today, trying on some of The Most Gorgeous Eternity Bands!!!
Yekutiel also very kindly reset my studs into 8-PRONG MARTINIS! GAH! Heaven!

Yekutiel takes SPECIAL care of PSers. There are eternities, and then there are eternities for PSers.
He gets us the special stuff! I used to go to all the other PS vendors but Yekutiel stole me away for all of my projects now because of the AMAZING cut of the stones he has access to and his crazy prices. I'm a believer after I went to other PS vendors and they quoted me significantly higher than Yekutiel did - mind you, these were over the same stones.

Here is the one I am in LOVE with! We took this pic, even though it's burned into my memory. LOL
It's over 4 carats and it has my name all over it....ohhhhhhh, I love it. Must have it. Has anniversary written all over it.
30.gif
31.gif

eternityYUM.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous band!!

But I''m confused about the prices. When I did a search on his page, his stones cost more than other vendors. Glad to hear he took good care of you tho.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Bliss that is going to be amazing! I may have to stop over there and meet him. Maybe /i should go with you so I get the special treatment
2.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hey Elle! He takes care of PSers, trust me!
35.gif
I've never shopped on his website because I want the PS price and the PS deal. When you say you're a PSer, he knows you're looking for a very specific type of stone, cut and setting...and PRICE!
31.gif
I always just e-mail or drop by. I don't even bother comparing prices to any other vendors because they can't beat him. Truly. I've tried. And the service cannot be beat. When you have a project with him, he answers your emails within the hour - every single one. No waiting days or pestering to see if they got your e-mail and wondering if you're being a pest. No projects dropping off the radar. He's FAST and makes everything a priority.

Take today. I e-mailed to ask if he had 8-prong martini settings for studs. He e-mailed back in 10 minutes. Yes! I went down to the diamond district and dropped them off. Within an hour, I had them in my ears! No one can do that.

When I was looking for my studs, he e-mailed me Idealscopes, GIA certs and everything. Photos of the diamonds. Just...perfect. And he's SO exacting that he makes sure each setting is perfect - he literally inspects each prong sooooo carefully. He sees things that even I don't even see!

One of the 8-prong martini settings came back sliiiiiightly different than the other. I didn't even see it and neither did another sales associate. But Yekutiel took one look and said, "Nope, not perfect." And he sent them out right away for another pair! He kept showing me and I could barely see one was slightly different than the other. Barely! Nope, not perfect. So I got a new pair.

OK, I am gushing - but he is that great and I trust him completely. I'm friends with the other PS vendors and there is a slight guilt that I no longer buy from them anymore. But the truth is, he is that good!

You rarely see excellence of that caliber in this day and age. I mean, people going above and beyond - really really caring about service and doing the best thing for a customer. So when I see that kind of sincerity and pride in one's work, it really makes a deep impression...thus, the gushing and loyalty. I'm a fan! Oh, and the prices cannot be beat.

BELLA! Hello!!!
35.gif
OMG, I am dying to see your bezel leverbacks!!!! I promise to post the 8-prong martinis soon! !!! Yay!!! Finally! The perfect setting. Ahhhh. You should definitely go see Yekutiel! I'll ask him to e-mail me in advance when you decide to go down there!
36.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
He''s on 47th right? I think I''m gonna need to stop in!!

Thanks for sharing your experinece, Bliss
35.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
cake girl, i''m so sorry to threadjack again...
20.gif
Bliss, does he do fancy sidestones? At some point I''d like to get new sidestones for my e-ring (tiny traps or half moons .1-.2 each, little...) but I want to keep the same setting b/c DH designed it. The vendor we bought from said they''d look at it, but that one time when they replaced a sidestone one of the stones fell out! Plus, I don''t think they have the best diamond selection, so would Yekutiel be my guy for a job like that?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Elle, yes! He's on 47th between 5th and 6th, closer to 5th Ave.

His store has a wide range of items for retail and for the general public. You have to ask for the PS quality stones bc he knows the kind of cut you will like and will steer you away from the other items most people are looking for. Have fun! He is really awesome and will bend over backwards to make you go like this:
6.gif
He has incredible access to all the stones passing thru the diamond district and if you see one that fits your specs, he will send for it and in minutes - you will be staring at the stone you saw in Blue Nile's inventory. So fun. That's how I found my studs!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hey Bella!

I''ve never requested a fancy. But I can''t imagine why he wouldn''t be able to find the perfect fancy stone/stones for you. Half moons sound delicious! The thing I love about Yekutiel is, he tells it to you straight and most times, what he tells you means he won''t be selling you anything new. I''ve gone to him TWICE now to take apart my halo studs to make something new and he keeps telling me that I''ll regret it. He''s right. *sigh*

Make sure you ask for the MAZAL stones - the magic ones with killer cut! Miracles got MAZAL stones for herself and for her daughter! I''m learning Hebrew from going there so much! LOL

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I am cracking up right now...you should write a book about learning Hebrew while buying diamonds. Does Mazal apply to fancy cuts too?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 8:59:56 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
I am cracking up right now...you should write a book about learning Hebrew while buying diamonds. Does Mazal apply to fancy cuts too?

Bella! Yes! Absolutely! It means something like, "The magic that comes from destiny - like a lightning bolt!"

OK, that's the sense I got from the word. Yekutiel's parents are diamond cutters so they know all about the magic of a great cut - and when it's magical, it's MAZAL! Hahahahaha. So when he found my two diamonds for studs, he said it was MAZAL - awesome destiny coming together to create something beautiful. MAZAL! Hahaha. I'm their honorary Jew because I was blessed by a rabbi the last time I was there!
34.gif

My other favorite Yiddish word is GESHMAK! I hope we all end up with GESHMAK gems! Yekutiel says that's akin to AWESOME!

ROFL

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Alright, I need to get some seriously Geshmak Mazal diamonds. That should be the PS motto!
9.gif

P.S. Please tell me your awesome halo studs are back together...

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I think I can feel comfortable getting my little eternity ring from ID! I guess I should mention in my next email I found them on PS?
They have been so nice to work with so far, quickly and patiently answering all of my questions. I had also consulted another PS recommended vendor about this ring several times and have gotten no response.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Yay Cake, You better report back to let us know how they do with smaller projects
3.gif
though I doubt your little eternity band is so little
2.gif

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
It''s a .80 carat prong set to stack with my 2.5 carat eternity e-ring. Not so big, but the proportions are important -they asked me to send pics of my e-ring to help me decide what would work best. They are so nice to work with. I''m going to get another to stack on the other side at some point.
I will probably order it in the next couple of weeks-I''ll post pictures when I get it.

pixie123

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thanks for all the info Bliss! I saw your stud and they are *gorgeous*! Good to know that ID Jewelry is reliable. You never know with the NYC diamond district...and with diamonds it's often "you get what you pay for." But Yekutiel's prices are much lower than other jewelers...so I needed some reassurance.

I emailed them as well and got a quick response. I'm thinking of an eternity ring with a row of small round brilliant stones on the top and bottom with a band of vertical baguettes set in between the 2 rows of round stones.

Have fun with your eternity band Cakegirl!

Thanks again!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 6:54:38 PM
Author: elle_chris
Gorgeous band!!

But I''m confused about the prices. When I did a search on his page, his stones cost more than other vendors. Glad to hear he took good care of you tho.
yes his prices online are higher at times and that may scare customers away
however all you have to do is pick up the phone and speak to Yekutiel.
He will immediately give you a price you will be hard pressed to refuse.
Its true. just pick up the phone and call. Its only a minutes of your life to get a potentially great piece of jewellry

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BLISS!!! I am soooo jealous! I''m working on a sapphire eternity band with him, and I hate that I can''t go down the street! oooh that eternity band is soooo stunning!
30.gif

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll have to remember this recommendation in the future.

I am not wild about one price being published and one price being disclosed personally though. I know many jewelers do this, but I don''t really like it. Kenny has ranted
2.gif
about it before and I think I agree with him.

Yekutiel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 9:51:41 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

I am not wild about one price being published and one price being disclosed personally though. I know many jewelers do this, but I don''t really like it. Kenny has ranted
2.gif

Hi Dreamer,
The prices published on the website are the prices that would like to sell. If the price on a diamond seems high we do price match. Also please note the prices on the website are not including the pricescope discount that you would find when you use the pricescope diamond search. (you would have to mention that on your end) and of course if there is any room on my end and I can charge you less it would be my pleasure to do so (but that’s no guarantee that I can.)

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 9:51:41 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

2.gif

But thats the way of life in most negotiable purchases such as buying a car at the dealership, booking a wedding reception, buying a home etc
Published prices =/= price quoted to you when you are serious about a sale transaction

Unless one buys fixed price items eg food at the supermarket, gasoline etc etc....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results