shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I bought a diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I feel like maybe I am crazy, but I found out today that I got a paper rejected by a top tier journal
39.gif
--happens all the time unfortunatly...but it is my first rejection from this journal after 2 successes so it hurt--so when I saw this stone come up on WF I figured the universe was trying to tell me something. This is what the universe was saying, "Buy this stone!! You have been thinking about it for so long! It is a really great deal and you love deals!" Yes, the Universe knows me well!!
31.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-684411.htm# (it says "sold" but asked for 24 hours to make up my mind)

For people who don''t like links:

Report: AGS
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 0.810
. Depth %: 60.4
. Table %: 56.2
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.2
. Star : 53
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.8
. Lower Girdle %: 77
. Girdle: Thin
. Measurements: 6.06-6.07X3.66
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible
It is one that woobug was originally going to buy (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/buying-my-first-whiteflash-h-a-81-need-help.80593/) but she decided to wait and see if something bigger would come up too... so I swooped in!

I love the size, I love the price, and even though it is an ES, not an ACA, when I talked to Sheera, who was really great, she said that it was cut to be an ACA and assured me that unless I am a gemologist or really well-versed in diamonds I won''t be able to tell the difference! It scores a 1 on the HCA and falls in both the AGS ideal range and the GIA Excellent.

Soooo, do you think I am crazy?

DD

PS: I''m getting the legato sleek-line setting.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is going to be gorgeous! The diamond is beautiful, and the Legato Sleek Line is one of my favorite settings! Please share pics after you get it.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooohhh pretty... I hope I can see those arrows, I love arrows!

dreamersdiamond.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooohh....other colors.... I like other colors... I don''t know what this means... but ooooohhhhh

dreamersotherpicturethingy.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 6:09:15 PM
Author: Kim N
It is going to be gorgeous! The diamond is beautiful, and the Legato Sleek Line is one of my favorite settings! Please share pics after you get it.
Ditto!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 6:26:37 PM
Author: Ellen

Ditto!
Double ditto! AND congrats!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2008 6:35:34 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 3/20/2008 6:26:37 PM
Author: Ellen

Ditto!
Double ditto! AND congrats!
36.gif
Triple ditto!
30.gif

And does this mean you have put the sapphire idea on hold? I assume so since I thought that was for an e-ring. But I do love a diamond e-ring, and like you, I love a pretty solitaire! So you can do like me and save the sapphire for a RHR someday!

(oops...forgot to say I am sorry about the journal, but you have done very well to be published twice before in that journal!)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are all crazy so dont ask that question!

Buy the diamond :}

Congates!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 6:12:31 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
oooohh....other colors.... I like other colors... I don''t know what this means... but ooooohhhhh

LOL that made me LOL I think it will be beautiful :) The legato is also a beautiful setting :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congrats!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love all you guys, you are so quick to comment and give support! Yippee I can''t believe how excited I am, like a little girl in a candy store, and lemme tell you... I love candy!
36.gif

I have been agonizing over this issue of "What to do with my ring? What to do with my ring?" for two years!! Since the day we got engaged! I started with a sapphire solitaire and was always "let down" by it...it never made my heart sing right from day one. So at Christmas we got 2 EC sidestones and made a three stone...and now I like that ring a lot but it isn''t THE RING! I still didn''t loooooooooove it. Diamondseeker, that''s why I was looking for a sapphire, in large part b/c I felt guity about owning two rings and wanted to put all my money in one place (by trading in my ECs for RB sidestones). But I decided to make the decision and stop thinking about it and I couldn''t be happier! This ring is just in time for our first wedding anniversary and my (gulp
23.gif
) 30th birthday, so the timing couldn''t be better! My three-stone will make a great RHR and one day I will upgrade that sapphire too.

Yippee!

DD

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 6:42:07 PM
Author: strmrdr
We are all crazy so dont ask that question!

Buy the diamond :}

Congates!
Hey, speak for yourself!

Oh wait....
9.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond!! If it''s perfect and you love it, GET IT!! It''ll make a beautiful ering in that setting.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Congrats DD!!
It''s a beauty!
30.gif
30.gif

I love a solitaire! You''re going to have so much fun playing with your new lovely! WooHOOO!
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous! Hopefully this time it will make your heart sing and you will know it will be THE ONE!!!

Sorry to hear about the journal rejection. I''m a scientist too and it can be very discouraging! Keep up the hard work though! Sounds like you have had a good run, so hopefully your luck with turn around soon.
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a great idea to keep the other ring as your sapphire ring (even if you someday upgrade the sapphire) because it is really a beautiful ring! And now you will have a beautiful ideal cut round for your e-ring! I think this is really a better decision for you since you do already have a sapphire ring.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks swingirl, coati, & honey! And honey, thanks for the words of encouragement about my research. I've had a very good run with publications over the last few years, so this was bound to happen! It's ok, they loved the theory, just thought the data wasn't strong enough... I can live with that. I can always collect more data, it's hard to come up with a great theory
2.gif

DS: I couldn't agree more! Plus this way I can trade up over the years and have that big honkin' diamond I am hankerin' for... I am really looking forward to laying eyes on my new diamond... I've never seen a true ideal cut stone, so I am looking forward to it a lot! I hope it is as amazing as everyone says! It looks like I will get it in about 10 days or so... How will I wait?!?

DD

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS! This is a very beautiful stone and you will be extremely pleased. I''m happy for you!

18.gif

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cinnamon, it is all thanks to you! Somehow I was on your thread today and looked at the diamond you had been considering.. again! And this time I was like... that''s it!

What did you decide to do, are you still looking?

DD

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond, buy it!

Sorry to hear about the journal, I''ll cross my fingers the next journal you submit it to accepts it or gives you an R&R. I''m submitting an article to a journal in the next couple of weeks...cross your fingers for me!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! It''s gorgeous. And yes I am a little bit crazy - or is that a lot? Mmm.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 6:10:41 PM
oooohhh pretty... I hope I can see those arrows, I love arrows!

Can you size it down on your printer and tape it to your finger though????

2.gif
2.gif
nyuk nyuk!

Congratulations! it looks gorgeous.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock

Too funny!!!
emcocktl.gif

Yeah what do the colors mean anyway?

ASETS are a mystery to me.

(The journal don''t know what they''re missin'' cause you got a kickin'' stone!!!)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful stone, congrats!!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement marcy and skippy! You guys are great!

kcoursolle: There's so many academics on here, it is amazing and funny, since academics in general probably don't give a hoot about bling! Good luck with your submission! It is agonizing isn't it? I have submitted 7 articles so far and had thee accepted, two given R&R (one I didn't R&R) and two rejected... sighhhh... I wonder if it gets easier over the years? Something tells me the answer is "no". I about to resubmit a paper in the next week or so too, I really hope it gets in! I would feel better going on the job market next year with one more publication!

lostsapphire: LOL! I will try that... do you think my co-workers would thikn it was too odd if I just wore my cut out for the next few weeks until I get my real ring??

lisa: I think the colors represent the light return but I haven't gotten obsessed enough with diamonds to actually look up what it means! haha

ETA: Thanks lotsofsparkle!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 8:37:36 PM
Cinnamon, it is all thanks to you! Somehow I was on your thread today and looked at the diamond you had been considering.. again! And this time I was like... that''s it!

What did you decide to do, are you still looking?

DD
I''m still looking... could take awhile...

I am so happy for you! I want tons of pictures of your ring!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 9:55:12 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

Too funny!!!
emcocktl.gif

Yeah what do the colors mean anyway?

ASETS are a mystery to me.

(The journal don''t know what they''re missin'' cause you got a kickin'' stone!!!)
I totally missed the colors comment yesterday. lol Too funny.

I''ll give a link that will explain better than I could. While it''s nice to see with rounds, they''re really more helpful with fancies.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/why-we-prefer-aset-to-ideal-scope-with-fancy-shapes.73949/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results