shape
carat
color
clarity

I am in LOVE with an August Vintage Round (AVR)!!!!!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I am in deep, deep trouble. :-o I went to some estate jewelers last weekend on my trip and saw some lovely OEC's. I have been wanting to see a larger Good Old Gold AVR for quite a long time. In fact, when I consigned my H&A diamond, I looked for an AVR but there simply weren't any close to the specs I wanted. However, they had a 1.81 I VVS1 now, and I decided it was worth the shipping costs just to see a larger one!

Stats are here...it is 7.8mm (and my current rb diamond is G VS1, 1.58 cts., 7.45mm for comparison):

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9159/

I have to say, it is mesmerizing! :love: I have never seen a more beautiful diamond! I just cannot sufficiently explain how much I love it even though I did also love my ideal cut rb's. I have lost all size-consciousness and think I could even go larger! I can handle this color in an antique style setting, I am certain (and I have a setting for it :naughty: ), but I am uncertain whether I want to do that or get an H and just wear it as a solitaire. I still do love my Vatche Tiffany repro! Gosh, I really think I am going to have two e-rings! I have two diamonds and am going to have to sell at least one to buy another diamond, so I am going to list my new ring, too.

I just got a new Canon point and shoot camera, so I can't take really good pictures. All I can do is crop and resize! But I think you can get a good idea of how pretty the stone is. I didn't even clean my other diamond before taking the pictures!

avr1_img_0052.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I am in LOVE with an August Vintage Round (AVR)!!!!!!!!!

Inside shots...my first glimpse in the box, the side view (it doesn't look this tinted..walls are beige and light was incandescent)...love the crown!, and another close-up with my current ring...

avr3_img_0016.jpg

avr4__img_0025.jpg

avr2_img_0049.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And now a couple of outdoor shots with a little fire and reflecting the colors outside....

avr5_img_0057.jpg

avr6_img_0058.jpg

avr7__img_0032.jpg

avr8_img_0024.jpg

cookies

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations! It's gorgeous. I feel so happy for you. I guess once you see The One, you know right away!

There is nothing wrong with two e-rings! :bigsmile: Which setting are you putting the new baby in? :Up_to_something:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just trying again to see if this picture will post larger now that I am past the blog box...

avr1_img_0.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cookie|1345228948|3253201 said:
Congratulations! It's gorgeous. I feel so happy for you. I guess once you see The One, you know right away!

There is nothing wrong with two e-rings! :bigsmile: Which setting are you putting the new baby in? :Up_to_something:

Well, let's just say that I have been shopping the Beaudry sale at Pearlman's. :naughty: I'll wait and reveal the setting when I set something in it! (I figured I could set a colored stone in it if I wanted to keep my diamond in the Vatche solitaire, so I bought it anyway.)

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006 said:
Just trying again to see if this picture will post larger now that I am past the blog box...

:love: :love: :love: :love:

I have also been dying to see an AVR in person. Lucky you!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That AVR is TDF!!! It really doesn't look like an I color from the top view! So which diamond/ring are you going to list/sell to get the AVR? I say if you can afford it, go bigger, so there won't be any regrets in the future!

How about having both a MRB 3 stone and the solitaire AVR?! :sun:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh, DS!!! It is stunning! :love: :love: :love:

I am so happy for you, you finally found your dream AVR! :appl:

I cannot wait to see what you set it in!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

W.O.W. - DS, you are an amazing photographer! I knew in the abstract AVRs were probably lovely with good performance, but this is the first time I've opened a thread for one and had my jaw DROP. It's amazing. I can't wait to see how you set it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1345229989|3253212 said:
That AVR is TDF!!! It really doesn't look like an I color from the top view! So which diamond/ring are you going to list/sell to get the AVR? I say if you can afford it, go bigger, so there won't be any regrets in the future!

How about having both a MRB 3 stone and the solitaire AVR?! :sun:

One is already on consignment but I will list the other just to sell one or the other. I was thinking about doing a 3 stone with my current diamond, but I will have to figure it all out depending on which one sells first.

But I do need to emphasize that this particular stone may be gone by the time I sell a diamond. My hubby was nice to let me buy diamond #2 before #1 sold, but I think it is too risky to buy a third without selling one at least! But I won't go smaller than 1.75, I have already decided that!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LittleRiver...I know! I just had to see an AVR because I knew I loved old style cuts from all the beauties posted here!

armywife...I drank the kool-aid, what can I say??? :naughty:

Circe...thank you...I am no photographer and have to give all the credit to Canon for making a simple little camera that takes pretty good pictures...and credit to the subject matter as well!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh goodness...Well, as you know, my original e-ring was an OEC and the facet pattern on them (or the AVR obviously) are truly mesmerizing. I think that stone is simply stunning. I hate to see you sell your new ring, but gotta say, the heirloom quality of the setting you just got with this stone would be unbelievable...I don't think you'd regret it for a second!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

BAH. I feel a bit dizzy ... FACET-DIZZY! Are you sure there's not a way to make THAT one work out? :shock:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrssalvo|1345231443|3253237 said:
Oh goodness...Well, as you know, my original e-ring was an OEC and the facet pattern on them (or the AVR obviously) are truly mesmerizing. I think that stone is simply stunning. I hate to see you sell your new ring, but gotta say, the heirloom quality of the setting you just got with this stone would be unbelievable...I don't think you'd regret it for a second!

Poor MrsS. You have put up with so much of indecision over the last 6+ years! It looks like neither of us has managed to end up with our final e-ring yet! :lol:

I hope you can help me figure this all out!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

decodelighted|1345231616|3253238 said:
BAH. I feel a bit dizzy ... FACET-DIZZY! Are you sure there's not a way to make THAT one work out? :shock:

Ohhhhh, well, I haven't begged yet, but I am not above doing so! (That would apply to Jonathan or my hubby. )

I do really love this one!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Oh my heavens, that is one gorgeous stone! I can't wait to see what you set it in!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, that is SO gorgeous!!!

Is this baby yours, or not yet? Just to clarify, you're waiting to buy it until you sell a different one of your rings first?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous.
I'm green with envy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laila619|1345235320|3253265 said:
Oh, that is SO gorgeous!!!

Is this baby yours, or not yet? Just to clarify, you're waiting to buy it until you sell a different one of your rings first?

Look about 4 of my posts up and I explain that. But yes, I have two diamonds and need to sell one!

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! It has so much character. I really like those stones..

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Wow - that first pic in the box...I wish we had a "swoon" emoticon cuz....THUDDD, webdiva just fell over! :love: :love: I seriously debated getting a tiny AVR pendant instead of my OEC earrings! They're gorgeous!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ohh, so you still have to sell your 1.6 carat diamond, I see. I couldn't figure out what other diamond you were talking about at first. :cheeky: I hope it sells very soon so you can get this particular AVC!! It sure is a beaut!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh. I think you HAVE to keep the AVR. It's meant to be yours. And I know you aren't in love with your current stone-- so is there a reason to keep it??

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock

wow! that is a beauty! won't one of your stones qualify for a trade in? it would be a shame to have to let that one go.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

It's AMAZING!!!! I'm so happy to hear you love it! I really hope one of your other diamonds sells quickly so you can keep that exact stone. It is so beautiful. Congratulations!!!! And thank you for sharing your thoughts. I greatly admire your taste in jewelry so I've been selfishly wanting to know what you thought of the AVCs. Yay!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1345238997|3253292 said:
Oh. I think you HAVE to keep the AVR. It's meant to be yours. And I know you aren't in love with your current stone-- so is there a reason to keep it??

No, there is no reason to keep it other than I bought the Vatche setting to fit it! But I am sure they can redo the head if I want to reuse it. But I'll try to sell it with the stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kasey3|1345243398|3253320 said:
wow! that is a beauty! won't one of your stones qualify for a trade in? it would be a shame to have to let that one go.

My first diamond would qualify for trade-in but it is worth so much more than it cost, so the only way to get the full value is to consign. That stone is very perfect for it's kind, so I would rather keep it than sell it far below what it is worth. I did not opt for the trade-in policy on the second stone unfortunately (it was a virtual stone they brought in for me).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rosebloom|1345243931|3253325 said:
It's AMAZING!!!! I'm so happy to hear you love it! I really hope one of your other diamonds sells quickly so you can keep that exact stone. It is so beautiful. Congratulations!!!! And thank you for sharing your thoughts. I greatly admire your taste in jewelry so I've been selfishly wanting to know what you thought of the AVCs. Yay!!

You are very sweet to say that! I am very blessed to have been able to get some very nice pieces! But I am proof that trade-in policies are a good idea! :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

You have chosen a beautiful stone, DS! Just gorgeous! I'm sorry you are considering selling your perfect ering, but I completely understand why - it is mesmerizing... those facets... look DEEP into my facets... deep deep .. you are falling in love!!! (now as you say, "drink the koolaid!")

Enjoy and would love to enjoy even MORE pics if you are up to it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results