shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Cert in the mail?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jayt

Rough_Rock
Hello all, i am a noobie.. just had a question that would like some help on.. I am thinking of buying a diamond for an engegement ring, the jeweler told me that the GIA Certificate will me mailed to me. is that commo?
Thx

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
If the jeweler does not have the GIA report (for instance, because it is not his stone, it was on "loan" from a diamond vendor perhaps), then it is common for you to have to wait to get the original. However, often, they have a photocopy that you can take with you when you buy the diamond. This is what happened with my diamond, but we just stopped by the store a couple weeks later to pick up the original report.

So as long as you have seen a copy of the GIA report, I wouldn''t think too much about having to wait for the original. Although you might want to pick it up to minimize the chance of loss via the mail.

jayt

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your help- really appreciate it. The jeweler has been recommened by others, but i wanted to make sure, I want to protect my investment.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Just make sure you see a copy of the report before you purchase, that way you know EXACTLY what you are purchasing and there is no confusion later. And if possible, get a copy of the report when you buy the diamond. Finally, make sure somewhere it is written that you are to be given the original GIA report within a certain timeframe. Basically, get as much documentation as you can, just in case
2.gif

The Joker

Shiny_Rock

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
P.S. It took 5-6 months for this report to finally arrive, but it did arrive.
I would say that it normally takes 1-2 weeks for the report to catch up with the diamond.
And yes this is a common practice for diamonds on loan.

Joker....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results