shape
carat
color
clarity

F colour diamond in yellow gold halo

Byron03

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a round f colour .9 carat and now need to decide on the setting. I am deciding between a solitaire setting with claw set diamonds down the band in yellow gold, with white gold prongs, or alternatively a yellow gold cushion halo setting to make the diamond look bigger, with white gold prongs, again with claw set down the band. My question is, will the yellow gold halo setting affect the colour of the F diamond?? Will it pick up to much of the yellow in the halo? If anyone has pictures on theirs, please post to help me decide! Thank you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bryon03, I have a F solitaire in yellow gold. I don't notice any yellow in it.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I think F against yellow gold is just going to look very white. It's the lower colors like perhaps I on down that seem to change a bit depending whether they are in YG, RG, or a white metal. The colorless ones stand out bright-white against colored metals.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
a colorless diamond in a YG semi-bezel mount.

LW-ACA-CloseFire2.jpg

WF-ACA-BlueFire.jpg

Byron03

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply's so far! These are the 2 designs I am tossing up between - I know it probably comes down to personal preference but I can't decide!!!!! What do you guys think?

_20596.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Byron03|1406161445|3719460 said:
Thanks for your reply's so far! These are the 2 designs I am tossing up between - I know it probably comes down to personal preference but I can't decide!!!!! What do you guys think?
Out of those two pictures I prefer the one on the left, it looks like more of a statement stone, although I'm not a fan of halos generally so make of that what you will :tongue: lol

Byron03

Rough_Rock
The vatche - grace is beautiful!! But I think I am going to go with the one on the left! Do you think a .9 is big enough? Finger size converts to about a 3 1/4 US. Thanks for your feedback and opinions. It's helped me make a decision, I am too indecisive!

Byron03

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know if there are posts of similar rings in real photos - not the computer generated image on here?

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for halo all the way!! The one on the right or the Vatche, both halos are stunning!! And bonus about the halo, it will protect the diamond as well and give more finder coverage :) I'm not a yellow gold person but wow those yellow gold halos, the one on the right and the Vatche are stunning!! My favorite look is also a round in a cushion halo, I wish I had one!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Byron03|1406260409|3720264 said:
The vatche - grace is beautiful!! But I think I am going to go with the one on the left! Do you think a .9 is big enough? Finger size converts to about a 3 1/4 US. Thanks for your feedback and opinions. It's helped me make a decision, I am too indecisive!
I also like the one on the left. My pear is also a F set in yellow gold.

Byron03

Rough_Rock
cflutist said:

I'm blown away by your avatar! It looks amazing!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Byron03|1406331595|3720701 said:
cflutist said:

I'm blown away by your avatar! It looks amazing!
Thank you it is a 3.01 F-SI1 pear.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I think .9 on 3 1/4 size finger will look just perfect! I also vote for the one on the left... classic beauty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results