shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Vatche Grace in Yellow Gold

myk5

Rough_Rock
I am preparing to propose soon...hopefully my gf doesn't snoop around here :halo: Just wanted to show off what I received in the mail - the Vatche Grace in YG and custom requested no milgrain! 1.04ct, H, VS1. She's a size 4.5, so I'm thinking it may be a little overkill...Let me know your thoughts! Pics of this ring on pricescope helped to convince me on my decision, but I found zero pics of it in yellow. I wanted to add mine to the mix in case anyone else was curious!

dsc_0876-1.jpg

dsc_0874-1.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! Your gf will be thrilled :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is gorgeous. Your girl friend will love it.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. Vatche is top notch.

Indican

Shiny_Rock
Love Vatche settings... I wear a size 4 and think it will be perfect for her! She's going to love it! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she's gonna love it - beautiful ring! Please come back with handshots after the proposal!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, gorgeous ring! :love: Nicely done. :appl: Good luck and congratulations!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! YG is so rich, what a great choice :appl: Best of luck with your proposal! Please update the thread with handshots :))

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a 4.25-i think its perfect! enjoy :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though it doesn't seem as popular here, I love the richness and timelessness of yellow and rose gold. It's a beautiful ring; good luck and congratulations on your future engagement!!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another yellow gold lover here! The ring is gorgeous! Best wishes!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my, it is gorgeous, so delicate! She will be blown away--it is beautiful!! Great job!! :love: :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is spectacular! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
She's a lucky girl!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow gold is my thing!!!! It's stunning!

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful. She is going to be so excited! Well done.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
love love love this!!!

Snuffles_Rose

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting! i love yellow gold -- looks fantastic!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really really pretty. So glad YG is baaaaack in a bigger way!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. She WILL love it. I love the rich gold color!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved that setting, and it is so pretty in yellow gold! :love:

Does your gf dislike milgrain? (I adore the ring with milgrain, so I just wondered.)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful and so rich looking in yellow gold.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful, she will love it. :)

myk5

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1404789414|3708656 said:

Does your gf dislike milgrain? (I adore the ring with milgrain, so I just wondered.)

I don't think it's that she dislikes it. It definitely adds elegance to it, but personally I thought a good mix of old school and modern would be the yellow gold + clean lines (no milgrain). Plus it's something a little different that adds uniqueness. Browsing around, the milgrain seemed pretty common on cushion halos.

Thank you all for the encouragement and kind words! God willing, we'll put up more pictures once the bling is on the finger in Italy. I'll probably go a little crazy keeping it hidden from her for a week while traveling in Europe. :wall:

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
very elegant and timeless, I am sure she will love it.

simplydivine14

Rough_Rock
That ring is beautiful! And I love love love that it's yellow gold. I'm sure your soon to be fiancé will wear it with love && pride :)

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous! :love: She's a lucky girl!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
myk5|1404796903|3708746 said:
diamondseeker2006|1404789414|3708656 said:

I don't think it's that she dislikes it. It definitely adds elegance to it, but personally I thought a good mix of old school and modern would be the yellow gold + clean lines (no milgrain). Plus it's something a little different that adds uniqueness. Browsing around, the milgrain seemed pretty common on cushion halos.

Thank you all for the encouragement and kind words! God willing, we'll put up more pictures once the bling is on the finger in Italy. I'll probably go a little crazy keeping it hidden from her for a week while traveling in Europe. :wall:

I believe the milgrain can be added, so please do offer her that option. I think it really finishes off the ring beautifully. It is common on that style because it is just complimentary to that style. Those who want a modern halo generally do pave halos with no metal edges such as those by Victor Canera and Steven Kirsch.

I hope you have a wonderful trip! :))

myk5

Rough_Rock
^Thanks for the advice...we have been shopping around and she wasn't a fan of the no-edge halos. she didn't seem to have a big bias towards the milgrain or no milgrain..she tried on both the tiffany legacy and a forevermark ring with no milgrain, and she really liked the forevermark.

what i did want were white prongs but they said they couldn't do that..

simplydivine14

Rough_Rock
I think the ring is perfect as it is! Every cushion halo does not need milgrain and I think that by skipping that you have made her ring more unique. Also after you propose don't mention the milgrain, if she thinks something needs to be changed let her make that decision but don't plant that seed into her mind. I'm certain she will not see a single flaw because that ring is truly stunning and I'm sure in person it looks 1000x better. And as far as white prongs go, don't stress it. My engagement ring has yellow prongs and my diamond looks ridiculously white. Walked into a higher-end jewelry store recently and the sales associate thought it was an F color diamond! :)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results