shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this engagement ring setting match this wedding band setting?

Do you think this engagement ring setting matches this wedding band setting?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

• Kind of, could go either way

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
Ering - http://cgi.ebay.com/EDWARDIAN-STYLE-DIAMOND-PLATINUM-5-5mm-RING-MOUNTING_W0QQitemZ5023418017QQihZ016QQcategoryZ52603QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
http://www.faycullen.com/ring_settings/500/517md-kaitlyn.html
Wedding band - http://www.whiteflash.com/pimg/jewelry/gi_576_f.jpg

mainly I'm wondering about the basic style of each ring. I know one is more antique and one is a little more modern, but focus on the main features of each - The Ering has diamonds facing the "front" and "back" along the shank, while the wedding band just has the diamonds facing "up". And if they are worn together that will mean 2 things

1) b/c of the shape of the Ering, they won't be flush against each other, there will have to be some gap

2) The diamonds facing "front/back" on one side of the ring will mostly be hidden since the wedding band would pretty much hide them. But I guess this would happen either way no matter what the style of the wedding band was.

So considering those things, do YOU think the basic styles match, or not?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well the WF looks more sleek and the FC looks more antique like. Did you see the matching band that goes with the FC, it looks like it might have a bit of a gap if you go with a straight WF ring because of the FC basket on the ering but it is hard to tell. http://www.faycullen.com/ring_settings/500/517md-dahlia.html

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 4:06:56 PM
Author: Skippy123
Well the WF looks more sleek and the FC looks more antique like. Did you see the matching band that goes with the FC, it looks like it might have a bit of a gap if you go with a straight WF ring because of the FC basket on the ering but it is hard to tell. http://www.faycullen.com/ring_settings/500/517md-dahlia.html
yeah i saw that matching band on the FC website but I didn''t like how it looked SO rounded at the midpoint. looked a bit extreme to me =/

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 4:10:40 PM
Author: denverboy

yeah i saw that matching band on the FC website but I didn't like how it looked SO rounded at the midpoint. looked a bit extreme to me =/
Denverboy, have you talked to FC and asked them how much of a gap there would be between that setting and a ring similar to WF? It just look like the basket goes out a bit so it is hard to tell from the pics.

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
hey I edited the link to go to a very similar style, just slightly different details. The FC ring had more of a circular rounded center, while this one has more of a gradual taper which I like more. The top view may give you an idea of how much it sticks out to the side. BTW, I''m not considering buying the one on ebay (its sold anyway), I just liked the style of it and may consider getting a similar style custom made by WF.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think if you get that setting for the ering, dont get the wband without your FIs input. Let her try on different options and see what she likes and what looks best with the ering. You cant really tell unless you try on with the ering. BTW, you know that ering doesn''t come with the center stone, right? It''s just the setting...Are you getting an antique stone for the center, or a RB?

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 4:28:19 PM
Author: surfgirl
I think if you get that setting for the ering, dont get the wband without your FIs input. Let her try on different options and see what she likes and what looks best with the ering. You cant really tell unless you try on with the ering. BTW, you know that ering doesn''t come with the center stone, right? It''s just the setting...Are you getting an antique stone for the center, or a RB?
That may the best option, thanks for your opinion! =) I know she would prefer a matching band to come w/ it but since a Ering band like that isn''t the usual shape its a little more difficult.

And yes I know in that link it is just the setting, but I wasn''t going to buy that one anyway. I''m still looking around, but am considering having WF custom make a setting very similar to it with a new RB diamond from them.

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
ok guys how about this type of curved band (see attached photo). I just photoshopped this so don't look too closely, just squint and imagine there is some milgrain around the edges.
3.gif

who thinks curved bands like this look weird? =/ i'm not sure if i like it or not yet, might have to see something like it in person

lskdfsaa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results