shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Recut?

ctvr6

Rough_Rock
Ok - so a few days ago I posted about my dilemma: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-dilemma-s.153779/

Upon discussion with the jeweler, it looks like we will need to pay at least around $2000 for my "upgrade in cut/downgrade in size".

Would a diamond recut even be an option for me? Does anyone know what kind of cost that is? I did contact Brian Gavin as I read a couple of threads regarding his fantastic recuts. Are there any other reputable people/companies that can do this as well? Does this mean I also need to get my diamond certified? As you can see..I don't know much about this..trying to do my research! :read:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
The best thing to do would be to contact Brian Gavin. You'll have to send the stone in to be evaluated. He recut a little brown diamond for me that had to have been originally cut by a rookie apprentice, and now is an AGS 0 that sparkles like mad.

ctvr6

Rough_Rock
I emailed him...but now I have to wait!?! :bigsmile: I've been looking at pictures of his recuts...kind of makes me excited that it might be an option! Just hope it won't cost 2 grand!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Also check with infinity. The going rate is $350/ carat. So worth it.

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
Brian Gavin recut a diamond that I inherated from my grandmother. The diamond was in such bad shape and was a dog. He turned it into a beautiful ideal cut diamond with minimal carat loss. The recut does not take long and I think I paid 350 per carat. Sending it off to the lab to be graded takes longer. I think the entire process was a little over a month or so and it was sooooo worth it. Also, Brian and Leslie were wonderful to work with. Good luck!

ctvr6

Rough_Rock
Thanks vanderaf! I actually heard from Lesley last night. Will most likely be sending the diamond to Brian. I did email Infinity also and waiting for their response.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results