shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparing two 3+ carat diamonds - thoughts?

superfluous

Rough_Rock
I'm going in to see both and although I'm guessing both will be great, I'd like to get some thoughts on them.

3 carat I SI1
AGS Ideal 0
Light Performance 0
Polish 0
Symmetry 0

Depth % 61.9
Table % 56.0
Crown Angle 34.4
Star 50.0
Pavilion Angle 40.7
Crown % 15.1
Lower Girdle % 80.0
Measurements 9.22x9.26x5.72
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible
Girdle Thin to Slightly Thick

thumbnail_17.jpg
thumbnail2.jpgthumbnail3.jpg
thumbnail4.jpg

3.8 carat J VS2
AGS Ideal 0
Light Performance 0
Polish 0
Symmetry 0

Depth % 62.3
Table % 55.9
Crown Angle 34.6
Pavilion Angle 41.1
Measurements 10.00x10.02x6.23
Fluorescence None
Girdle Thin - Medium

3_143.jpg
3_144.jpg
3_145.jpg
3_146.jpg

superfluous

Rough_Rock
What's the difference between the Green in the middle of the diamond and not having the green in the middle of the diamond for the ASET image?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
They both look nice, but it is good that you are seeing them in person. In stones that large I would want to make sure that the first one is completely eye clean and that the second one doesn't show too much tint.

superfluous

Rough_Rock
Ended up going with the 3.8. Thank you to Liza at Whiteflash.

Here's a pic if anyone is interested to see.

onhand1.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! You're diamond is my "holy grail" -- CONGRATULATIONS!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Excellent choice - I like #2 very much.

superfluous

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone. I think she likes it and will like it even more when it's set and on her hand.

Lookinagain|1422107331|3821341 said:
How do you plan to set it?

Fairly simple. Double claw with V shaped basket. Single row of pave. I'll post the CADs when they arrive.

superfluous

Rough_Rock
Another note...

I do really like the Whiteflash store/business model. They provide a ton of information on the diamonds on a very good website that allows you to easily search, filter, save, etc., which ultimately allows you to spend as much time as you need narrowing down your choices from your own living room. I think not only is it easier to do from their website than in the store, but you're also not taking up their employees' time simply browsing and narrowing down your list. Then once you've narrowed down your list of diamonds via your research on their website, you can simply schedule an appointment to see them all in their store. This model saves you time and trips to the store by being able to do most of the browsing and organizing from home, and it saves Whiteflash money by not paying for a large retail storefront with additional overhead, which in turn, also saves the buyer money with better prices. I think it works well.

superfluous

Rough_Rock
Here are the CADs. Any issues? I'm looking for the shoulders to possibly be reduced to standard width and the prongs to be tapered as it gets closer to the base (but this might be done during the finishing). It will be finished as double claws.

cad_6.png

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful on all accounts! I would make sure they set the stone as low as they can. Looks like some wiggle room for lowering it down a bit. Its going to be big no doubt, but how high do you want it or how high do you think your fiancé would want it? Ideally, just high enough a wedding band will slide flush with the setting. Ask them about that. Ask them to lower it as far as the band will fit flush. Most, not all women, would prefer a wedding band to be flush with the e-ring. I helped my brother buy his wife's set & I told him to buy the complete set at the same time so that when the vendor set the diamond that they would set it with the wedding band flush. He did so & gave his wife the wedding band as her Christmas gift. She didnt have to worry about her ring 1st off & didnt have to send it away to get flush fit. An idea to think about. ;-)

Congratulations.

Judy

superfluous

Rough_Rock
ccuheartnurse|1423017825|3826961 said:
Beautiful on all accounts! I would make sure they set the stone as low as they can. Looks like some wiggle room for lowering it down a bit. Its going to be big no doubt, but how high do you want it or how high do you think your fiancé would want it? Ideally, just high enough a wedding band will slide flush with the setting. Ask them about that. Ask them to lower it as far as the band will fit flush. Most, not all women, would prefer a wedding band to be flush with the e-ring. I helped my brother buy his wife's set & I told him to buy the complete set at the same time so that when the vendor set the diamond that they would set it with the wedding band flush. He did so & gave his wife the wedding band as her Christmas gift. She didnt have to worry about her ring 1st off & didnt have to send it away to get flush fit. An idea to think about. ;-)

Congratulations.

Judy

Thanks, yes we did consider this and I'm unsure. She says she doesn't care if it's not flush, but a concern may be that the prongs on the wedding band may rub on the main diamond's prongs and wear them down. Is that a possibility? They are creating both at the same time so hopefully they take this into account. Regarding making it as low as possible while still sitting flush... at its current height, there's already a donut at the bottom to support the prongs, so it would have to go up to allow the wedding band to sit flush. While I think it could be lower, she is okay with the current height.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If they are making the wedding band at the same time as the e-ring, then I'm sure they will pay attention to the gap. But, if your girl is ok with a gap..then perfect. Either way it comes out, is a win - win. ;)) :dance:

=)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results