shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET image

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

krista5091

Rough_Rock
I have attached a file of an ASET image. How does everyone think this looks? The information for the diamond is below.

Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 0.61
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 70.4%
Table: 72.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 4.83*4.80*3.38
Ratio: 1.01

1223841.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Krista

Who did the image and do you have the actual photo of the diamond too please and maybe an Idealscope image also?

krista5091

Rough_Rock
I do not have the IdealScope but it is from James Allen and I''ll put the link to the diamond here so you can see the actual image.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VVS2-Ideal-Cut-Princess-Diamond-1223841.asp

krista5091

Rough_Rock
Here is a second diamond I also got information for. The link to the actual image is at

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Princess-Diamond-1256367.asp

This is also from James Allen. Which do you think looks better?

1256367(2).jpg

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Folks,

As the vendor in question I can''t comment on the quality of the diamonds or attempt to interpret the ASET''s. What I can say, however, is that the images coming out of our camera system recently are a bit whacked and a gaggle of gemologists, accountants, and production staff can''t seem to figure out why. We might have to ship the camera back to AGS for recalibration - until then please excuse the mess!

Thanks.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 2:38:44 PM
Author: James Allen Schultz
Folks,

As the vendor in question I can''t comment on the quality of the diamonds or attempt to interpret the ASET''s. What I can say, however, is that the images coming out of our camera system recently are a bit whacked and a gaggle of gemologists, accountants, and production staff can''t seem to figure out why. We might have to ship the camera back to AGS for recalibration - until then please excuse the mess!

Thanks.
Well, there''s your problem. Anytime accountants get involved there is sure to be difficulties
9.gif
OK, seriously now, I hope you get it figured out soon, Jim, and that it isn''t anything too problematic.

Krista, it is really hard to tell too much from the images due the the calibration issue Jim mentions. From the photos and what these do show in comparison, I prefer the first stone. What you might do is schedule a time to have one of JA''s gemologists look the stone while discussing it with you over the phone--they will give you an honest evaluation. From the photo, the first stone could be a very pretty princess. You might also ask if they could get an IS image, since the ASET is having issues. An IS won''t tell quite as much as ASET, but is better than nothing.

krista5091

Rough_Rock
This purchase and whole process of finding a diamond is quite stressful...lol i''m just looking for something very sparkly, good quality, and worth the money! :)

krista5091

Rough_Rock
BTW, the rep I chatted with online said the second diamond shown is the better of the two...thoughts please!! do both of them look pretty good? The rep said that the camera was producing overly saturated images...should I wait to make a purchase since the images are messed up?

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think call and set up an appointment with their gemologist is the best way forward.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good to hear from James Allen that the photos are wonky, that way we other vendors don''t have to say it...

I suspect that when good photos become available that we will all be able to offer you better advice.

Wink

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/9/2009 9:59:40 PM
Author: Wink
Good to hear from James Allen that the photos are wonky, that way we other vendors don't have to say it...

I suspect that when good photos become available that we will all be able to offer you better advice.

Wink

Actually we won't. We can't comment on other vendors ASET imagery.
41.gif

Good luck on this Jim.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 10:18:33 PM
Author: Rhino

Good to hear from James Allen that the photos are wonky, that way we other vendors don''t have to say it...

Wink

Actually we won''t. We can''t comment on other vendors ASET imagery.
41.gif

Good luck on this Jim.
But someone will I guarantee
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 2:38:44 PM
Author: James Allen Schultz
Folks,

Thanks.
Thanks Jim!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/9/2009 10:18:33 PM
Author: Rhino

Wink

Actually we won''t. We can''t comment on other vendors ASET imagery.
41.gif

Good luck on this Jim.
I was speaking in "we" as in Pricescopers. There are plenty here who can give good info from a good ASET, and if they give incorrect information then we are allowed to step in.

Wink

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are correct my friend. Thank you for clarifying.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results