shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone purchase from ajdiamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kosherdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am looking to upgrade my wifes engagement ring, and she (of course) wants a big, high quality round cut diamond, E color VS2 clarity.
Most prices for that quality over 2.00 ct are way too high, but ajdiamonds seem to have diamonds in my budget that are 2.00 ct with E color and VS2 clarity enhanced.
What are your thoughts about enhanced stones in general? Positives, negatives?
And if they are good, is ajdiamonds an honest seller?
They seem to do alot on ebay so I assume ebay and paypal would protect me.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope!
I would be leery of ebay; there are several very good/reputable Pricescope vendors. If you do a search on ebay you will find some people who had problems. I bought my stone from one of the PS vendors and couldn't be happier
35.gif

eta: here is some information on clarity enhancement https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/definition-opinion-of-clarity-enhanced.52479/

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
When I got spanked by an eBay purchase for a ring eBay and Paypal did nada to protect me. I got hosed. Toolhaus.org their seller id.

Mr.2Artists

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
For the love of god, PLEASE:

1. Do not buy a 2ct. diamond on Ebay, and

2. Do not buy a clarity enhanced stone!

If you do a search here for "clarity enhanced" you should get a lot of reading material to educate you on that. I think if my husband presented me with a clarity enhanced stone I wouldn''t be too happy. It''s basically a crap stone that''s been jacked up with different enhancements so you cant see the garbage as much (yes, it''s harsh but I''m trying to scare you straight!). Anyway, the stuff that enhances the stones can wear off, fall out, and the stone can have such nasty imperfections that it can be more prone to cracking and breaking. I dont think your wife wants that.

You said she wants a bigger stone and you''re looking at "over 2cts". I think you need to sit down with your wife and discuss what your budget is (ie: what you can comfortably afford), and what her preferences are. For instance, does she prefer the largest stone for the money and if so, what quality aspects is she willing to sacrifice? Lower color? Lower clarity? So-so cut? Is she willing to trade in her original ering stone to get some credit towards the new ring? Depending on your budget, you might not be able to get into a 2ct. stone and she needs to be okay with that. If you''re comfortable telling us what your budget is, people can help you find a great stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2008 12:48:39 PM
Author: surfgirl
For the love of god, PLEASE:

1. Do not buy a 2ct. diamond on Ebay, and

2. Do not buy a clarity enhanced stone!

If you do a search here for 'clarity enhanced' you should get a lot of reading material to educate you on that. I think if my husband presented me with a clarity enhanced stone I wouldn't be too happy. It's basically a crap stone that's been jacked up with different enhancements so you cant see the garbage as much (yes, it's harsh but I'm trying to scare you straight!). Anyway, the stuff that enhances the stones can wear off, fall out, and the stone can have such nasty imperfections that it can be more prone to cracking and breaking. I dont think your wife wants that.

You said she wants a bigger stone and you're looking at 'over 2cts'. I think you need to sit down with your wife and discuss what your budget is (ie: what you can comfortably afford), and what her preferences are. For instance, does she prefer the largest stone for the money and if so, what quality aspects is she willing to sacrifice? Lower color? Lower clarity? So-so cut? Is she willing to trade in her original ering stone to get some credit towards the new ring? Depending on your budget, you might not be able to get into a 2ct. stone and she needs to be okay with that. If you're comfortable telling us what your budget is, people can help you find a great stone.
Ditto. This sounds like the best plan to me, we would be pleased to try to help you find a good diamond. There are various types of diamond enhancements/ treatments but I would only recommend you purchase such a stone from a known and trusted vendor who can explain the pros and cons so you are fully aware of what you are buying.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto the other ladies, please buy from someone reputable. There are many horror stories from people who purchased from ebay around here.

kosherdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for taking time to reply.
I have researched the enhanced diamonds, and spoke to the owner of ajdiamonds.
He told me he offers full 30 days money back, and from his feedback it looks like even if you arent happy with the diamond, he will refund you.
I am going to take the chance, 2.00 ct e vs2 for $6000.
I will keep everyone posted.
With crossed fingers...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2008 9:24:14 PM
Author: kosherdiamonds
He told me he offers full 30 days money back, and from his feedback it looks like even if you arent happy with the diamond, he will refund you.
With crossed fingers...
Well, I wish you the best of luck and hope you find what you are looking for
35.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With crossed fingers...
23.gif
you got guts !!

i don't understand some of these newbies. members here give them good advise and they still must do it their way
33.gif
then....why the "F" ask for an opinion in the first place???

Herfnerd

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 3:19:44 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

With crossed fingers...
23.gif
you got guts !!

i don''t understand some of these newbies. members here give them good advise and they still must do it their way
33.gif
then....why the ''F'' ask for an opinion in the first place???
I agree - I''m a fresh faced newb, and after perusing this site and spending hours upon hours reading the posts here, I''ve come to the conclusion that I would never take a chance on an ebay store. The price sounds too good to be true and I think he''ll find out that there is a reason for it.......

JMHO and YMMV

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don’t know much about this dealer but it’s worth noting that ebay does not sell diamonds. Ebay sells advertising. Each merchant is responsible for their own deals and their own merchandise and just because they choose to advertise on ebay doesn’t make them bad. Some are and some are not. Generalizing that all ebay merchants are bad is no more fair than generalizing that all B&M’s are bad or that all Internet sellers are good. Each must stand or fail on their own merits (or lack thereof).

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Neil. There are excellent people selling on ebay, there are complete crooks, and there are people in between. I''ve gotten some amazing jewelry on ebay for amazing prices (though I''ve never spent anything remotely close to $6,000). You have to figure out whether the seller has policies you can work with and will honor them. Fortunately, recent changes in the ebay feedback system should make it easier to do that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have nothing against Ebay,but my point was....why spend $6K on a enhanced stone when he can buy a beautiful 1ct for the same price.
33.gif

kosherdiamonds

Rough_Rock
I am sorry, I did not mean to insult anyone or waste anyones time.
I did appreciate all the replies and did help me with my decision.
After reading your replies, I did detailed research on his feedbacks. There are some who dont agree with the gradings, but even those people always seemed to have received their money back.
As long as there is no risk in me losing any money, I am confident to give ajdiamonds a try.
Compared to other clarity enhanced sellers on ebay, they seem to be the best, or at least been around the longest, so I know it isnt a fly by night company.
I will keep you guys posted...this is my first online diamond purchase, and first time on these boards.
I hope I am happy, and most importantly, HOPE WIFE IS HAPPY!

kosherdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Because my wife wont wear only a 1.00 ct FLAWLESS stone, she needs a quality clean 2.00 ct stone.
Women are always right in my book!

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
problem is you will find most people on here believe that enhaced stones are not quality. But good luck. One thing I would suggest is to determine how the stone was enhanced, as if cracks were filled, if the stone is sonic cleaned I believe over time the filling can come out, and some other drawbacks... But the main thind is good luck in your search and I HOPE you get the stone of your wifes dreams, even though we don't recommend it. And as to your first comment, ebay and paypal don't always protect the consumer. There are a lot of horror stories.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2008 5:09:44 PM
Because my wife wont wear only a 1.00 ct FLAWLESS stone, she needs a quality clean 2.00 ct stone.
Women are always right in my book!
how can you say "quality" when you''re buying her a clarity enhanced stone?
33.gif

about $21K for a well cut D IF 1ct stone
2.gif

MrsBold

Rough_Rock
Why jump on his back for that decision? If he is willing to buy it and knows that their is a 30 day guarentee why not?

You people have serious issues with what YOU think is right for others to do.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Please come back with an update and pictures once you get it. I hope you (and most importantly, your wife
1.gif
) LOVE IT!
36.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I get that the wife is after size, but is she on board with the purchase of a clarity "enhanced" stone
33.gif

I would only go that route with full disclosure, since care of doctored diamonds is different from natural gems.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2008 5:25:36 PM
Author: MrsBold
Why jump on his back for that decision? If he is willing to buy it and knows that their is a 30 day guarentee why not?

You people have serious issues with what YOU think is right for others to do.
why not??.....b/c we all heard horror stories
14.gif
about getting refunds on E-bay.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results