shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know where I could find a picture of the faceting diagram for an antique cushion diamond?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are probably more faceting diagrams of antique cushions than you can count. Back when they were first being done there was no "system" ... no organization ... and not much communication between cutters. Every stone/man/cutter for himself.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 5:14:00 PM
Author: blingergrrrl
Hey there! I started a thread on faceting patterns of cushions with pics of the diamonds. I believe the first cushion brilliant with 8 pavillion mains is the antique style/look. You can find it here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gia-cushion-plots-demystified-somewhat-with-pics.63323/

There is also a link on this thread to another PS''s thread with the same info.

I hope this helps you out!

As mentioned above, it is far from simple, but sticking to stones with the plot that blingergrrrl suggested is a good general rule. Best of luck!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 3:44:11 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I'd check boston jeff's cushion thread..there are a bunch of plots/diamgrams and it does seem that they don't mean much when it come's to cushions but bostonjeff wanted a newly cut antique cushion and you can see what his search criteria was..

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-question-for-cehrabehra-and-others.58597/

Oh, mrssalvo, I pity the posters that get pointed in the direction of that thread... what a monster...
20.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the input. I should have known that opening that can of "cushion " worms would be tricky,
20.gif
but just thought that there might be a guideline for antique cushion faceting. The 8 pavillion mains seems to be a good starting point so I''ll go from there.

I don''t suppose that anyone is privy to the Cartier Antique Cushion faceting pattern. I''d love to see one in person as the pics are so gorgeous
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 8:36:24 PM
Author: boston_jeff

I''d check boston jeff''s cushion thread..there are a bunch of plots/diamgrams and it does seem that they don''t mean much when it come''s to cushions but bostonjeff wanted a newly cut antique cushion and you can see what his search criteria was..

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-question-for-cehrabehra-and-others.58597/

Oh, mrssalvo, I pity the posters that get pointed in the direction of that thread... what a monster...
20.gif

aw Jeff, I honestly didn''t think it was bad at all. lots of good info in there and I''m not even on a cushion hunt. I think you bring up lots of questions that others may have and just don''t ask and it was a fun process to watch unfold and see what all your work and education produced
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 8:36:24 PM
Author: boston_jeff

I''d check boston jeff''s cushion thread..there are a bunch of plots/diamgrams and it does seem that they don''t mean much when it come''s to cushions but bostonjeff wanted a newly cut antique cushion and you can see what his search criteria was..

20.gif
Nah I think your thread is awesome!! I wish there was someone like me for me when I got here a year ago LOL A few posters had started paving the way for the modern cushions but no one really was for this type... I''m very glad that your thread happened... its a lot of info.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/29/2007 8:53:55 PM
Author: isaku5
Thanks everyone for the input. I should have known that opening that can of ''cushion '' worms would be tricky,
20.gif
but just thought that there might be a guideline for antique cushion faceting. The 8 pavillion mains seems to be a good starting point so I''ll go from there.

I don''t suppose that anyone is privy to the Cartier Antique Cushion faceting pattern. I''d love to see one in person as the pics are so gorgeous
35.gif
???

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 1:38:01 AM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 6/29/2007 8:53:55 PM
Thanks everyone for the input. I should have known that opening that can of 'cushion ' worms would be tricky,
20.gif
but just thought that there might be a guideline for antique cushion faceting. The 8 pavillion mains seems to be a good starting point so I'll go from there.

I don't suppose that anyone is privy to the Cartier Antique Cushion faceting pattern. I'd love to see one in person as the pics are so gorgeous
35.gif
???
I haven't heard of a cartier antique cushion either, but I did find this link with pics in another forum (I know, I know, what was I doing on another forum!!?): http://www.betterthandiamond.com/discussion/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/148609/an/0/page/0#148609

And a preview pic:

ETA: whoops, it's not a real diamond, but you can still look to see the facet arrangement!

cartier antique cushion.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks blingergrrrl. It only exists in the non-diamond realm
38.gif
?

I had seen a picture somewhere of what was called an antique Cartier cushion. I guess that wasn''t a diamond either, but the picture there looked so much better than the one you posted.
33.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 7:28:21 PM
38.gif
?

I had seen a picture somewhere of what was called an antique Cartier cushion. I guess that wasn''t a diamond either, but the picture there looked so much better than the one you posted.
33.gif
Hmmm, I think they do exist in the real diamond realm but this was the only pic I found and it just happened to be a sim. Actually, they MUST exist because it''s called a Cartier cushion, and I don''t think the name Cartier would be attached to something that is a simulated diamond??

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/30/2007 10:42:55 PM

Date: 6/30/2007 7:28:21 PM
38.gif
?

33.gif
Hmmm, I think they do exist in the real diamond realm but this was the only pic I found and it just happened to be a sim. Actually, they MUST exist because it''s called a Cartier cushion, and I don''t think the name Cartier would be attached to something that is a simulated diamond??
Probably...., An Antique "Cartier" Cushion Ring?!?!...

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 12:25:43 AM

Probably...., An Antique ''Cartier'' Cushion Ring?!?!...
That''s what I thought too but then I got search engine hits on "Cartier Cushion" (just the stone)...I thought maybe it was like the Tiffany''s Lucida cut?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/5/2007 7:49:34 PM

Probably...., An Antique ''Cartier'' Cushion Ring?!?!...
That''s what I thought too but then I got search engine hits on ''Cartier Cushion'' (just the stone)...I thought maybe it was like the Tiffany''s Lucida cut?
Do you mean Tiffany "Legacy" patented Cushion design?

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 4:37:44 AM

Date: 7/5/2007 7:49:34 PM

Probably...., An Antique 'Cartier' Cushion Ring?!?!...
That's what I thought too but then I got search engine hits on 'Cartier Cushion' (just the stone)...I thought maybe it was like the Tiffany's Lucida cut?
Do you mean Tiffany 'Legacy' patented Cushion design?
errr...yes
emembarrassed.gif
. lol. Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku, does this mean there''s a new ring in your future now?
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results