shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone ring with pear shaped side stone size question

Sidius

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone out there in Pricescope land!

I've been in talks with Whiteflash about a 3 stone e-ring using pear shaped side stones and I'm wondering what size pears would get me the ratio that I'm going for (roughly 62%).

If I'm aiming for a 1.5-1.7ct center round brilliant diamond, how big should the pears on the sides be?

Here's a thread I read on these boards that has a pic with different ratios to compare. In these pics a 1.5ct center stone with 0.25ct side stones gave 62% but due to the different shape of the pear, I'm guessing I would need to go a bit bigger to achieve it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/side-stone-size.189622/

Thanks in advance for anyones opinion and guidance!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about asking White Flash to take some pics with different size pear side stones with the RB in the middle for you?

Alternatively, try and find the dimensions of pear side stones based on carat weight, as well as dimension of the RB, so that you can draw 2D pics of them using software such as Visio?

DK :))

Sidius

Rough_Rock
Definitely good suggestions, DK!

I'm still about a month or two away from being able to actually start the design and selection of stones (need a bit more in the budget) so right now is just preliminary talks with WF and narrowing down my design ideas. While I'm sure WF would be happy to answer my questions, I don't want to waste too much of their time until I'm ready to move forward. I might send the rep that I've been talking with an email, but I thought I would start a discussion with all of the fine and helpful folk in this community.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a .25 ct round is about 4 mm, so you want pears that are about 4 mm wide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results