shape
carat
color
clarity

2 plus round diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
I am looking for some expert HELP!! We have been looking for a 2ct plus diamond and can''t seem to find anything that suits us.......

Colour - D,E,F
Cut - Ideal/Excellent
Clarity - VS2

The cut and colour are the most important to us!!

Please HELP - Frustrated diamond hunter!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
We are in need of immediate help - if anyone can give their opinions as to how to obtain what we are looking for????

I was also told that this is the worst time to buy diamonds, seeing as everyone is holding firm to their margins. Apparently come January the prices are going to drop - does this sound correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I posted above where to start looking. Are you looking to buy online or in a store? If you are looking to buy in a store it would be helpful if you posted where you live and what your budget is since you mention profit margins.

No one here can help you unless you give some more information.

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
We have been to diaomd wholesalers, stores, internet..........we are very frustrated!!! Any, help would be appreciated!!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Again, you have to provide more information!!

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
A store is not an option seeing as the prices are double that of the wholesalers.
We live in Canada!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Lillyeternity,

1. Why haven''t you been able to find what you want?
2. What is your budget?

Please, this is getting very tedious!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Well, unless you are reading some subliminal information that I'm not seeing I think I'll stay. I'll just let the next person try to find her diamond.

Thanks anyway Windowshopper perhaps you have the perfect stone in mind for her?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
seriuously lilyeternity--------------you are sounding a bit nutty ..............what you want is easy to find. do the search on pricescope and you will have a myriad of choices--whats the issue?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe lily is looking for a 2ct. heart shape
......that might be hard to find...........
20.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
well belle----------i guess i was assuming round.

Everyone: ?? as for price large size stones have been skyrocketing................i dont believe there is any reason to believe they will come down

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
WOW - It is Christmas - where is the holiday cheer???

I did the pricescope thing and 1 diamond came up at white diamonds - the price seems a little high

There does not seem to be too many out there??

I have been told by several jewellers that after Christmas the price will drop - that the weeks prior to Christmas are the WORST time to buy a diamond because the maunfacutrers do the majority of their business at this time.

Again - I am trying to find a REASONABLY priced Round Brilliant cut

2 plus ct. - which I have been told is in the biggest demand

Ideal/Excellent Cut

VS2

D,E,F

Happy Holiday''s

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t know what reasonably priced means........but a quick search of whiteflash inventory in the 2.0 to 2.50 (D-F) range came up with 337 results.............surely you could find something?

www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/loose-diamonds.aspx

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
and window is right, your criterium will command higher prices. that must be taken into consideration.
just out of curiosity, what would you consider paying, for let''s say, 2.0ct D VS2 "ideal" cut?

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
Someone just sent me this - what do you think?
2.25 Round Brilliant - UGL certificate
8.25x8.35x4.8
57.8% Depth
62% Table
Girdle - Medium to Slightly Thick
Vs2
F

OPINIONS???
Thanks for all of your help

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
a UGL certificate is sort of unreliable ....you migt be paying for inflated specs--plus i believe thats a bit on the shallow side

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
lilyeternity,

There are quite a few vendors that sell items like you describe. A casual search in the pricescope database with your specs produces 8 pages of offers. You are apparently looking for something more specific and you''re driving poor pearcrazy crazy. What is causing this search to be difficult?

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m guessing what makes the search difficult lies in what she considers "reasonably priced" which has yet to be defined by her.

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
Getting a beautiful stone for a FAIR price.

Fair - not overpaying!!

What in your opinions is a fair price for this type of diamond?

I''ve looked at all of the price sheets - I am interested in your opinions?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
25+++

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
What do YOU consider to be a fair price? That''s what we here on this thread have been painstakingly been asking you to define!! There is a miscommunication going on somewhere. Post a figure in DOLLARS, Canadian or American of what you are looking to spend. I think that the PS vendors here are posting fair and reasonable prices for the diamond you are looking for. You are looking for the highest colors, ideal cut, high clarity-- that''s going to cost you a lot of money. I''d say a minimum of $20,000 to about $30,000 is a fair and reasonable price since most internet vendors operate on an 8 to 15% profit margin.

I''m not sure if anyone here is going to be able to help you since you won''t define your budget!

reena

Ideal_Rock
yes, good lord man! tell us your budget already so we can help you!
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
is that canadian or us?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results