shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find a similar pearl pendant!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

I saw the loveliest pearl pendant but it's 1500 bucks. Any suggests where I could find something similar? I'm not familiar with pearl websites other than pearl paradise! Thank you in advance

_4751.jpg

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
How big is that pearl? You could just buy one loose from PP or wherever and have your local bench make the gold bit.

Gorgeous, by the way! I think you'll need earrings to match. :twisted:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Those petals are so pretty :love: :love: . I agree, find the perfect pearl and have the setting made for it.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Maccers, just to add my two cents here for your consideration since you mention cost as a factor. I have been shocked at what a jeweler will charge, especially for custom work. I prefer to find the pearl in a setting I like and buy it that way whenever possible. Then I know the total cost upfront as well as not having any guesswork about how the piece will look finished. Also, I believe it's your risk if something goes wrong and the jeweler damages the pearl. (the downside of course is that your choices are more limited when you choose from among the finished jewelry only). I'm curious about other people's experiences with this because I read about people using a local jeweler to complete pieces often. Has anyone else used a jeweler for the setting and have price quotes or advice to share about it? Please show us what you get, Maccers! :)

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
It didn't state the size of the pearl. In my mind it's massive :) and makes a substantial piece but really, I don't know. I'll talk to my jeweller and I'm also going to check Stuller for findings. You never know.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Here's one from Stuller that has a similar vibe (but not nearly as nice). I know it would be much more cost effective. I think I'll keep looking....

_4780.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
And if you want a white or cream pearl, she seems to have plenty of those too!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
The finding above from Stuller will only work if you have a extreme drop pearl you're working with , otherwise the post will show. Some use Bella findings or Rio Grande. Custom is great if you have a great bench jeweler. Pricing to have a wax created to fit your pearl can be expensive, but if you have some clean old gold jewelry you want to unload to recycle into this project the cost can be less. Band rings or cast items without prong work can be melted down with new casting grains to create your new mount.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
NacreLover|1364212942|3412818 said:
The finding above from Stuller will only work if you have a extreme drop pearl you're working with , otherwise the post will show. Some use Bella findings or Rio Grande. Custom is great if you have a great bench jeweler. Pricing to have a wax created to fit your pearl can be expensive, but if you have some clean old gold jewelry you want to unload to recycle into this project the cost can be less. Band rings or cast items without prong work can be melted down with new casting grains to create your new mount.

Normally, pearl settings are sold with extra long posts that are trimmed to fit the pearl in question. Trimming for a smaller pearl is easy, adding length for a large one is a lot more work.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I am aware of posts on findings, but if you look at the severity of the shape of this cone shaped mount , it limits the owners choice in pearl shape. It's not like you could heat the gold and open the leaves up. The OP's pearl and finding at the top is much more a off round shape pearl, this would never fit on this Stuller mount.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hi Maccers! :wavey:
I'm intrigued by your original photo.
Can you tell me where that original gorgeous pendant comes from?

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the hints and tips!

LaraOnline. - the pendant is from Queen Bijoux, lovely lovely items! Located in Canada http://www.queenbijoux.com/
Look under the Flora collection. I love this pendant so much but it's just not in the budget at the moment.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
maccers|1364836809|3417978 said:
Thanks for all the hints and tips!

LaraOnline. - the pendant is from Queen Bijoux, lovely lovely items! Located in Canada http://www.queenbijoux.com/
Look under the Flora collection. I love this pendant so much but it's just not in the budget at the moment.

love her work!
I didn't see any prices, though.....
I have two thoughts:
1-any $ you spend on a "for now" pendant is $ you could save and get you closer to purchasing the item you really want.
2-you may find a pendant that is affordable 'right now' and that you will appreciate just as much.

i'm not a believer in spending $ just to have something right now. why? because I've done that too much in my life and I call it settling for less. that's the question I ask myself before I make a purchase: am I settling for less? if so, I save my $ until I can afford what I really want. it was a hard lesson learned.

so, how short are you from having the $ to make the purchase? any birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions, etc coming up? you could treat yourself or tell others this is your dream pendant and that you'd appreciate a contribution to making it happen. will she take payments? explore all your options. but keep looking: you might find something you like just as much and wouldn't feel like you were settling for less!

again, thanks for her website. i'm really loving her "antique" line. right up my alley.

eta: I see the pendant you desire is $1500.........lots of $ for a pendant but if its your go-to, i'll wear it forever pendant, well, it is $ well spent.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
maccers, any decisions?

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I'm definitely going to buy a personalized tree ornament in lieu of the pendant, obviously. :lol:

The compressor in our furnace just blew up a few days ago so I'm going to see what the fallout from that is. The Kojima pendant that was posted looks nice but it's just not close enough. I prefer round pearls for a pendant for some reason. I'm realizing that I either want the real deal or nothing at all. I've contact the jeweller to find out more details on the pendant, size etc. I will let you know what I find out.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
maccers|1365526982|3423343 said:
............I'm realizing that I either want the real deal or nothing at all. I've contact the jeweller to find out more details on the pendant, size etc. I will let you know what I find out.

I think that's a good choice......and, yes, keep us posted! dang, don't you hate it when real life intrudes on one's bling budget?!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1365529902|3423385 said:
maccers|1365526982|3423343 said:
............I'm realizing that I either want the real deal or nothing at all. I've contact the jeweller to find out more details on the pendant, size etc. I will let you know what I find out.

I think that's a good choice......and, yes, keep us posted! dang, don't you hate it when real life intrudes on one's bling budget?!

A bit more information: The South Sea Pearl in the pictures is 15.3 X 17mm. She said she can make the setting in sterling silver, white or yellow gold. She also has a black Tahitian or a white baroque south sea pearl for it. Any thoughts on the size? That seems pretty big to me, do you think the pearl would hang nicely so that you could still see the setting? I only have pearl strands, no 'solitaires' so I have no reference.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm not the pearl expert.....but I like BIG pendants. I recently bought an inexpensive pearl pendant and it confirms that I want BIG even with pearls.

silver could be interesting for the setting....and since I wear a silver sand dollar on an 18k red gold chain i'd probably opt for it to cut the cost. but that's me.

re the setting: unless someone gets up really close to you will they really see it and appreciate it as much as you do? I think this is purchase is for you to enjoy whether or not it can be seen by anyone else or not.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I love big pearl pendants. One of my favorites is this south sea 14.6mm by 19mm. It is a statment piece and one that my hand reaches for often.

Don't be shy, go for it :mrgreen:

south_sea.jpg

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Ranch girl, that is gorgeous! I can't imagine the cost of that piece, well beyond the 1500 I'm complaining about! When do you wear that piece and where did you find it?

Eta: I'm trying to figure out how I could work something like that into my work wardrobe :love:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1365610966|3424039 said:
i'm not the pearl expert.....but I like BIG pendants. I recently bought an inexpensive pearl pendant and it confirms that I want BIG even with pearls.

silver could be interesting for the setting....and since I wear a silver sand dollar on an 18k red gold chain i'd probably opt for it to cut the cost. but that's me.

re the setting: unless someone gets up really close to you will they really see it and appreciate it as much as you do? I think this is purchase is for you to enjoy whether or not it can be seen by anyone else or not.

That's a good point about the fine details of the pendant i posted. As for gold or silver, I have a real penchant for yellow gold, not sure if I could get myself to commit to silver...i will think on this. Though right now it's a moot point as we're having to replace our furnace instead of just repair it, sigh. It's only 6 years old, damn you Trane!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sigh. but you do need that furnace!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1366172167|3428716 said:
sigh. but you do need that furnace!

It's technically spring in Canada so maybe we'd be ok :saint:
Haha actually we just sold the place so I'm pretty sure the new owners will want a working furnace, dang it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results