shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy 4.5 - 5 mm akoya pearl studs?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Looking for some studs to wear with my IDJ jackets, but I can't seem to find any in this small of a mm size anywhere.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
As misskittycat mentioned, I got mine from Pearl Paradise, but they were a special order, so there are no returns allowed. I'm happy with their quality - I went for AAA and they were only about $70 in 14k gold. It took a week or two for them to come back with some options for me, but when they did, they had 3 matched pairs to choose from, and I *just* bought mine, so they may have the other 2 pairs still available if you ask.

That said, if I could return these and exchange them for the next size up, I would. If you look at my pic, you might notice a very slight airline. It IS very slight, and I went for the 5.0 - 5.5 mm size. If I had it to do over, I might have asked for 5.5 - 6.0 instead. You have to remember that the jackets are made to fit 5 mm faceted stones IN basket or martini settings, which adds a little width to the stud overall. Pearls are naturally round and taper down at the base, of course, and they don't have a metal setting around them at all. So, to get a good look, I'd really recommend at least going with the 5-5.5 that I did (wanna buy mine? :lol:), and maybe considering upgrading to the 5.5 - 6.0 if you don't want any airline at all. (It'd be nice if I knew the exact diameter of mine - maybe I have it around here somewhere? - but if mine are closer to 5mm than 5.5 mm, then perhaps just getting a slightly larger pair within that same size group would have worked better.)

Here's mine:

dsc_28.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results