shape
carat
color
clarity

Spring is coming and here in many areas

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
What pearls do you wear in Spring? I am changing out my closet and packing away winter wear. I went shopping a few weeks ago before our Disneyworld trip and bought some pretty coral and blue tops. Now to find pearls to coordinate with them.... Do you have Spring pearls, if so what are they? Thanks NL

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my first purchases from Catherine seem to be my spring/summer go-to. here are two of them:

dscf6076.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
It's heading in to Autumn here so I will probably opt for my necklace of baby garnets and baroque freshwater pearls a little more frequently. Will take a few photos tomorrow!

Catherine's pearls are lovely. I have two strands - a short rebel mussel strand and a longer baroque/fireball necklace.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• kojimarope.bmp
    451.9 KB · Views: 602

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to put back in rotation my multi color CC strand. Haven't worn it all winter.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
How fun is this? Loving your photos ladies, these pastels are just wonderful. Please post more.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I am hoping that these blue akoyas that were a PP black Friday special will be my new spring pearls. I showed them to my husband and said "you know what to do." and he said "yes I do." I did not get them for Christmas, but I hope they will be an anniversary gift come May.

blue_baroque_akoya_7.gif

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
mynattk They will be having a mothers day sale in May. Nothing like getting your dream pearls at sale prices.
:appl: Happy Anniversary soon. :appl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

We continue to have snow (Rockies) but I will wear my pearls in solidarity! I have Spring in my heart... :bigsmile:

I did wear my CC and gold pearl necklace to work the other day with my Kojima earrings--gosh I love those earrings. I must thank you pearlers here for turning me onto Kojima, and CC as well.

Does anyone know if Kojima has a sale for Mother's Day? I have my "eye" on a couple or three items...... :naughty:

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love it: pearl solidarity!
I too would like to know if there is a kojima sale approaching for perhaps Mothers' Day?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'd wear that one all year round! but it would be particularly lovely in summer and/or autumn.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
might I inquire as to where you purchased your lovely garnet and pearl rope?
it is heavenly, imo.

eta: just took a look at your postings in the link yo provided...it appears we share an interest in the more non-traditional strands. very very lovely indeed.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
You may indeed! I had it made in Hong Kong at a Jewellery market, which I guess doesn't really help much. I seem to get a lot of my stuff made for me... I am super picky, it seems. It's actually a 5 strand necklace. I don't think it would be too hard to find the garnets and the knobbly pearls yourself, just an issue with putting it together...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, MKC! will make a lovely rope when i get around to it!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I went to my first bead and gems show last weekend at the Ag center in Memphis. It was small but still enough items to get me excited. I got a few strands of faceted rhodolite garnet roundels that I hope to incorporate into something with 14k beads and perhaps Tahitian pearls. If it looks bad, I will get more from the seller who lives here in Memphis or add something else until I like it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nacre, I had no idea you were in the Memphis area!
my grandson is in Bolivar..........

now that's an idea: attend one of the bead/gem shows in san mateo this year and buy some rondel garnets. i'd rather buy them in person that rely on an online vendor....although if someone has a trusted and reliable vendor, i'm open to suggestions. pearls will most likely be sourced from Jeremy.

I have one other "Spring" strand but I can't seem to find a picture of it...also from Catherine. if i find a picture of it, i'll post it here.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Spring is when I start wearing my pearl necklaces in general. During the winter my neck is always covered with scarves :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'll definitely want to tour the pearl farm with you! it is possible but i'm not sure how probable that there will be a trip this Fall....

another "spring" Catherine strand. they appear more round when worn and the picture just does not capture how good the color and luster really is:

chunky_baroque_multicolour_freshwater_pearl_necklace.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
MovieZombie, I keep telling 4ranchgirl she needs to come out here and visit. We want to take a road trip there. DH went by the farm a few months ago on the way to a job. He called to tell me about it. He said we should go on Christmas eve.... Yeah, just because we aren't busy, doesn't mean they aren't home by the fire. After that he got too busy again.
That strand is very beautiful. Are you going to buy it?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry for the confusion: I bought it a couple of years ago.

road trip! love them.

i'm thinking that at some point we'll fly to Memphis, rent a car, visit with my grandson, tour the pearl farm with you, head up to D.C. [hubby has never been], and then up to NYC [hubs has not been there either]. if this comes true i'll try and coordinate it with dates you're available. i'm not a hot weather...read humidity person....so Fall might be a good time. but and its a big BUT we've got a 19 year old cat with major health issues and making any plans right now is impossible.

travel plans that is.....plans for pearls is possible, probable, and happening.

i'm in total envy of everyone's pearls! I see there is just so much for me to learn.....or just to appreciate.

geez, i'd never have dreamed that the TN state gem is pearl! I must have some!

have warned hubby that there will be a pearl excursion on our next trip to TN!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
OK. I know the spring before, the end of May seems less humid also. Have you toured Memphis before? The downtown area of Beale street is very interesting and the Gibson Guitar factory tour is very fun also. (in same area) I haven't done Graceland, Sun Records yet.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
no, didn't tour Memphis.....
have visited with Tyler mostly when he's here in California.
in June, 2011 we went to Nashville to see the Parthenon [a Tyler fav] and toured the countryside including an Native American mound site and civil war site. most of that trip was the drive across the US.....
I would have liked to have done the Sun tour [heck, i'd be happy sitting in the parking lot listening to their blasting out the oldies!] and spent time on Beale Street so its on the list for a next trip.
not a big elvis fan but think I should see Graceland anyway....Tyler finally was dragged there by another grandmother and says it was more interesting than he thought it would be but that he's not interested in going again.
I was amazed at how much water there is in TN! no wonder its humid.....

the reality is that until the old cat dies, we're not going anywhere.... as it is now we don't leave him alone for more than 4-6 hours. and if anything he appears not in a hurry to be deceased! when we brought him home Feb 5 from being hospitalized at the vet and in an oxygen chamber no one expected him to improve to the degree he has or to last this long. if anything, he's better now than he's been all year. I don't begrudge him this despite it playing havoc with travel plans.

have you been to the Parthenon in Nashville?

what a thread jack!

Jeremy has your personal contact info, correct? i'm going to ask him if he minds being middle man and forwarding you my e-mail address.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Moviezombie, I agree with 4RanchGirl. Do you belong to Pearl Guide? We can friend you there and private message you with our info. Let us know here when you join and we will say hi and chat.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
forgot about that ability!
I joined that one 4/6/2013....and, yes, i'm "moviezombie" there as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results