shape
carat
color
clarity

Silvery Pink Tahitians & Greenish Teal Tahitians

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Here is a picture until I get the rest sized.. (I''m doing it right now).

Most pictures have both strands in the picture btw.

silversb1.jpg

18.gif

silversb4.jpg

These were all taken with my lil point N shoot digital, so they''re not the best, but OK considering.

I took a few more pictures, but the reflection in them is SO SHARP and crazy that it looks like you can see a bunch of my cleavage in them
11.gif
and because of the shape of the pearls they look huuuuuugeeeee LOL I almost died laughing when I saw them... so this is the last pic for now.
21.gif

silversb11.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
They are both beautiful Swedish! I have to say tho that I LOVE LOVE the green teal ones! Those are the infamous FF "switched" strand right? I am so glad you kept them. They are gorgeous! How about some neckshots! Try to keep the cleavage under contol! HA, you cracked me up on that one!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUM! YUM! YUM!! They both have there own gorgeous unique characteristics too them!! I love the rainbow/luster in the green/teal pears...but I love the shape/luster and the pinkish overtones in the silvery pearls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME WANTS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
9.gif

Thanks everyone! I think they look really good together. The silvery strand has a bit of green to it, and it just meshes well with the all green/ emerald one.

lizzy- Yes, the green ones are the ones that were switched! Neckshots- soon! I just couldn''t believe how reflective these pearls are. Because of resizing them and making them a smaller quality to upload on here, you can''t see exactly how sharp the reflection is, but trust me, most are RAZOR sharp
5.gif
I called my fiance and said I looked like I had the figure of dolly parton in pearls... lol

RockHugger- Thanks! yep, the switched ones.. and the newer silver ones.

CCN- Yes! Exactly why I love them both too... they''re both different yet in my eyes equally lovable
9.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Sbean, I love both strands and your new avatar. They would be perfect worn together. The green one is so intense. What did she describe the blemishes as, is it slightly or moderate? I hardly see any. These are so addictive. Just when you think you have enough, then you see another strand with different overtone and shapes, then it's lust again. My first pearl love was Tahitian. I like FW a lot. But each morning, I tend to reach for Tahitian jewelry. I was not attracted to white pearls when younger, but will wear a strand every once in a while. I guess I love colors more.

Silvery one:

Details:
Pearl Origin and Type: French Polynesia, Tahitian Cultured Pearls
Pearl shape and size: Circle-drop with natural surface rings. 8.1 x 10.8 mm
Pearl Color: Light-Medium Silver Gray with Cherry Pink & Green Overtones
Pearl Luster: High
Pearl surface: Moderate blemishing, Slight Surface Rings
AGTA Code: N, Natural Color & luster. No enhancements, bleaching or dying.

Greenish one:

Details:
Pearl Origin and Type: French Polynesia, Tahitian Cultured Pearls
Pearl shape and size: Circle-off round with natural surface rings. 7.8 x 10.9 mm
Pearl Color: Emerald Green with some red overtone (peacock)
Pearl Luster: Medium to High
Pearl surface: Minimal blemishing, Slight Surface Rings
AGTA Code: N, Natural Color & luster. No enhancements, bleaching or dying.y slight natural surface rings

HHP- I think it looks pretty accurate- though the luster on the green one seems just as sharp as the silver one. I just got into pearls this year. My first purchase was my 10.5-11.5 black (enhanced) FW and I did NOT know what I was doing... lol I was just thinking, "Dark pearls, not a bad price.. and they''re big!!" Since then, I''ve purchased so many things because I like so many pearl items! I think tahitians are my #1 love though.. the COLORS in them are just phenomenal. I think I really agree that I like myself more in colored pearls than white ones (though, I secretly wouldn''t mind a nice SS strand
5.gif
4.gif
)

And in all honesty, I like ALLLLL pearls... I just need to collect them now
40.gif
37.gif
21.gif
9.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
oh swedish bean, those silvery pink ones, and the emerald toned .... they are gorgeous, but I am wild about the silvery pinks. Incredible, what tones!

The luster is awesome, goodness gracious I can see you in the pearl with your camera- its like a mirror !! These are amazing.

wow, what a great bunch of strands you got your hands on. I love your new avatar, I''ve been playing around with mine too, but yours is great although I miss the sleeping kitty.

Mr. DeMille, we are ready for those neckshots!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 6:12:08 PM
Author: HHPmom
Sbean, I love both strands and your new avatar. They would be perfect worn together. The green one is so intense. What did she describe the blemishes as, is it slightly or moderate? I hardly see any. These are so addictive. Just when you think you have enough, then you see another strand with different overtone and shapes, then it''s lust again. My first pearl love was Tahitian. I like FW a lot. But each morning, I tend to reach for Tahitian jewelry. I was not attracted to white pearls when younger, but will wear a strand every once in a while. I guess I love colors more.

Its interesting what you say HHPmom. I too, would love to see Swedish wear both together. I just started collecting Tahitians, but I must say everytime I wear them people not only compliment them but gather to discuss them. I also wear the whites, and they get a second glance, but the Tahitians generate warm conversations. There is something about these Tahitians that just speaks to our souls.

gardengloves- you''re too sweet! The luster IS fabulous.. I found the pearls photographed really well with in-direct sunlight, but then having something dark in front of them. I was also thinking the same thing about the sleeping kitty picture ;-) I might put it back, but I wanted to have a "pearl blingy" avatar for a bit hehehe

Oh, and saturday when I got the silver strand I put that on with my other emerald one and wore it around the house like that for a bit. I felt like a million bucks! I could not stop checking them out in the mirror
10.gif
10.gif

And guess what........ I just ordered the original strand too!
27.gif
27.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

Neckshots- coming to a computer screen soon! ;-) I swear!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 9:44:27 PM
Author: swedish bean
gardengloves- you''re too sweet! The luster IS fabulous.. I found the pearls photographed really well with in-direct sunlight, but then having something dark in front of them. I was also thinking the same thing about the sleeping kitty picture ;-) I might put it back, but I wanted to have a ''pearl blingy'' avatar for a bit hehehe

Oh, and saturday when I got the silver strand I put that on with my other emerald one and wore it around the house like that for a bit. I felt like a million bucks! I could not stop checking them out in the mirror
10.gif
10.gif

And guess what........ I just ordered the original strand too!
27.gif
27.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

Neckshots- coming to a computer screen soon! ;-) I swear!

you are soooo bad, good for you ordering the original strand. I would have too. These strands will last for generations, well worth it.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Yummmmmmy! The lustre on those looks absolutely knock-out gorgeous. And the color is beautiful! I''m a total Elana convert
1.gif
You definitely scored some gorgeous strands. The pinkish ones I''d really been tempted by- so glad they went to a good PS home!

The silver pinky ones were really hard to photograph!! I''m super glad I was spontaneous and grabbed that strand instead of waiting- I think it would''ve sold out and I wouldn''t have know what I was missing out on !
2.gif

Elana, is sooooo funny. Every email I get from her has me cracking up. I will absolutely do more business with her (well, probably not for a while after my 3rd strand, since I have some serious wedding things to pay for in the next few months.. but ya''know..)

I wonder how many strands were sold via the PS code she had? It looks like she sold most of them.. hmm

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness
30.gif

I''m just drooling over that silvery pinky strand... oh, my!!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
The knotting job is superb. Knots are clean, small and do not distract from the pearls, which is very important to me, because I re-string my strands (just learned to do that a year of so ago). I don''t like the knots on Kojimapearls'' strands. They are huge and distract from the pearls. I don''t know if she intentionally does that or if she doesn''t pull tight when separating the thread to seat the knots next to the pearls, or silk thickness?

I believe these strands were all knotted by a person in FL-- I believe she uses nylon instead of silk, which from what I can tell, looks a bit waxier than just silk- so it stays tighter?? I could be wrong.

I got my other strand yesterday
36.gif
Will post pics when I take some..
9.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like Power Pro, which is a fishing line. I use it with all my Tahitian strands. It''s much easier to work with than silk, knots are compact, does not attract dirt and stretch as easily as silk.

I should look into this. I was knotting with silk and I can already tell they feel a bit looser!

Does it come in different colors then??

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
White, green, yellow and red(?). Pearl-guide said yellow and red bleeds. I have only used white and green, which does not bleed. I've tested coloring 2 ft of white power pro with permanent markers, apply wax, then permanent marker, then wax (round wax cake bought from fabric store), then soak in a bowl of water for several days and it didn't bleed.
6.gif
But I have not knotted a whole strand after applying permanent marker to get my custom colors.
2.gif

Check your sporting goods store, large spool is much cheaper than ordering from Cabela's. I got mine from Sports Authority. My local Academy does not carry this brand though.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swedish... get on those pics!! hehehe I am enjoying reading about how you both strand pearls. I am considering doing that myself in the near future. I have been to a few "beading" classes at a local shop. I think I have seen the power pro string at the local shop, but that is good to know I can find it at a sports store..........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results