shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl question and showing off!!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I have started wearing my pearls again, and have fallen in love all over.
I inherited several strands from my mom and know pretty much nothing about pearls. All I know is Mikimoto. Many many years ago when I was about 12 I was with a friend on a vacation and her mom loved to antique shop. We were in a dusty old store and I saw a circle of pearls pin. I thought my mom would like it. I paid 3.00 for it. It turned out to be Mikimoto!!!
My sister has it now. She also has the 2strand bracelet that matched the 36" double strand that I now have,

The double set was purchased in India by my cousin for my mom as a 40th anniversary present from my dad. Those are the 36" double strand.
The other strand with the Chinese? Symbol was also purchased in India I believe.
The Tin cup came from India also.
All the rest have no story other than they were my moms.
The seed? Pearls were given to my daughter for HS graduation and she never wears them:(

My question is DH wants to get me a Mother's Day present and I showed him some pearls from PP, based on listening to you guys;-)
He likes the metallics. Can I get some real life talk about them? Are they really beautiful? shiny as the pictures? Sadly they all seem to be out of stock.

I like the multicolor Freshadamas. I'd like to start with a necklace, add earrings then a bracelet.
I like everything!
I'd really like a chocolate pearl necklace with Betty Rubble size pearls!!!
But since money is not growing in my backyard.....
These are really pretty. Any one own them?

http://www.pearlparadise.com/AltView.aspx?id=750&LargeWidth=710

Thanks

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1366839405.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1366839459.jpg

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Re: Pearl question and showing off!!

Hey Elisateach,

Sorry for the short post, I'm on my way to dinner, but these metallics are still available. I'm not sure what size you're looking for

http://www.pearlparadise.com/70-to-80-mm-Metallic-White-Freshwater-Pearl-Necklace4450.aspx

Check out this thread for white metallic comparison pictures:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-freshwater-pearls-at-pearl-paradise.181419/

I bought a PP metallic multicolor that I LOVE a couple of years ago, and it was way more stunning than the standard AAA freshwater multicolor that Pearl Paradise offers (bought both and returned one). I'm not sure how the Freshadama compare, though..

metallics%20daylight.jpg

Anyway, happy pearl hunting!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

I bet the freshadama multi's will be beautiful. The exotics PP sold a few years back were just beautiful also. Which ever ones you select, you should be able to add more pearls to your collection when other occasions come up. Can't beat that. Welcome to the pearl forum.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

MYNATTK, those are beautiful!!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock

Thank you! You should call up Pearl Paradise and see what they have for you. I know they have taken pictures of different strands for customers. You could get a comparison shot of say, the multi Freshadama next to the multi AAA freshwater.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I first learned of Pearl Paradise (PP) on a forum devoted to pearls. Like here, the posters are well informed and helpful. I have not seen anyone who has bought PP pearls and were disappointed. The metallics are super shiny and are very pretty. I am not a fan of chocolate (or dyed pearls)but I am very conservative in my tastes. PP knows its pearls and IMHO is one of the best sources around. Good Luck.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

I am not a dyed pearl fan either. I am constantly amazed how many natural colors pearls do come in. It makes me want to collect them all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results