shape
carat
color
clarity

The May LIW Small Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I know May isn''t until tomorrow, but I''m so excited because May is my birthday month that I''d thought I''d start this thread anyways.

Love my LIW ladies!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is the thread to post about little small things that you might feel don't need their own thread but you would like to share/discuss. LIW discussion or any other topic can be discussed here! Please join in! Former LIW's welcome to post too!

Previous month's discussions link here
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
princesss- Wow look at you go! You''ve taken over the small talk thread duties for the month of May.
6.gif
3.gif

So when is your Birthday missy?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:16:20 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
princesss- Wow look at you go! You''ve taken over the small talk thread duties for the month of May.
6.gif
3.gif

So when is your Birthday missy?

May 21st.

And yeah, I''ve been enjoying the small talk thread so I wanted to see it continue. Plus I love the month of May, lol.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
It's a great thread. I believe I started it back in December and continued it on. I wouldn't have ever let it die so long as I'm a LIW as so many seem to enjoy their time in the small talk thread...I know I sure do!

ETA- May is a great month! I love how it gets nice and warm but not too/too hot. Plus everything turns green and its so pretty outside once again!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! If you don't mind, how old will you be? Do you have any plans so far?

May is so busy for me! My aunt's birthday is Monday, then Mother's Day on the 10th, my dad's birthday on the 11th, FI's sister's wedding on the 16th and my mom's birthday on the 16th!!!!
It's gonna be one financially dry month, lol!
And I never noticed how adorable your kitty kat is princess! I have one just like that. Her name is Purple, lol.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:28:28 PM
It''s a great thread. I believe I started it back in December and continued it on. I wouldn''t have ever let it die so long as I''m a LIW as so many seem to enjoy their time in the small talk thread...I know I sure do!

ETA- May is a great month! I love how it gets nice and warm but not too/too hot. Plus everything turns green and its so pretty outside once again!

I didn''t think it was a person-specific thread, I thought it was just an enjoyable LIW thing. I guess I expected Elle or LP or somebody to start it since they''ve been so active on it this month, but I just got so excited about May I wanted it to be here already, lol, and I knew they''d forgive me.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:30:08 PM
Author: princessplease
Yay!!! If you don''t mind, how old will you be? Do you have any plans so far?

May is so busy for me! My aunt''s birthday is Monday, then Mother''s Day on the 10th, my dad''s birthday on the 11th, FI''s sister''s wedding on the 16th and my mom''s birthday on the 16th!!!!

It''s gonna be one financially dry month, lol!

And I never noticed how adorable your kitty kat is princess! I have one just like that. Her name is Purple, lol.

I''l be 23. Still a baby! This is the first year BF and I will get to celebrate both of our birthdays together (he''s June 3rd), and I really can''t wait. I want to do something super special for him. Plus I get to figure out what I want for my birthday.

You''re going to have a crazy month. I actually know somebody getting married the 16th, as well! My best friend is a BM in the wedding. It''s still kind of nuts to me that people in my age group are getting married. But I fully support people doing whatever feels right to them!

And thanks for the compliments. I''m a proud kitty mama. Where are pictures of Purple?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:30:08 PM
It''s gonna be one financially dry month, lol!
I know what that''s like. I spent WAY more than normal in April due to S losing his job. Usually when we go out to eat, he would pay sometimes and other times I''d pay. Now I''m paying for everything! We don''t eat out at expensive places anyways so its ok. We still gotta get out and live!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
princesss- I wasn''t around much in April but weren''t you on a break with your boyfriend? I''m assuming when you talk about "boyfriend" you are still referring to the same guy, right? You two worked things out then I take it? I don''t mean to pry. I just was wondering...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yo P!

You are exactly 4 years, and 29 days younger than my cranky old self.

What are you guys going to do for your birthdays?

FI''s is the 7th of June, and my dad''s is the 2nd. Should be interesting. There are actually about 4 more birthdays crammed in between May 31 and June 7th, but you know...It''s my birthday week the way April 22nd started LP''s.

Those birthday weeks suck, btw.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:40:34 PM
princesss- I wasn''t around much in April but weren''t you on a break with your boyfriend? I''m assuming when you talk about ''boyfriend'' you are still referring to the same guy, right? You two worked things out then I take it? I don''t mean to pry. I just was wondering...

Yeah, same guy.
30.gif
He was right about giving me two weeks to think things through. I had just gone temporarily crazy (it was like getting cold feet), but it gave me a chance to really re-evaluate my life and the relationship and realize that we are right where we want to be, and the issues I''m having with my life can be worked out with him right by my side. I''m lucky that he understands me enough to give me space when I need it, and forgive me when I need to be forgiven.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Princess-
I understand the age thing-I just turned 24 on Monday!!!!
That''s awesome that you guys are so close together. FI is 17 days before me, and we went to Atlantic City as a little celebration for both of us. It definitely is a different way to celebrate, but it''s so much fun!!!! Here are some pics of Purple, too!

Dream, I''m so sorry about his job loss
8.gif
I hope everything works out. Does he have any good leads? I know how you feel. We try not to spend so much on take-out and restaurants, but when I was in school this semester, it was so hard to not do take out or restaurants. We try to split it up, though.

l_bc0ebb3a91c94437be15d89a26a6b928.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
One more (Forget the date, I don''t remember how to change it on the camera, lol!)

l_168e27a915c3b2931b4fe5cf5c23a053.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:45:28 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yo P!

You are exactly 4 years, and 29 days younger than my cranky old self.

What are you guys going to do for your birthdays?

FI''s is the 7th of June, and my dad''s is the 2nd. Should be interesting. There are actually about 4 more birthdays crammed in between May 31 and June 7th, but you know...It''s my birthday week the way April 22nd started LP''s.

Those birthday weeks suck, btw.

No idea what we''ll do. We''re both relatively poor right now, so it''ll probably just be something small. But I''m excited, so I''ll probably do more than I should. Plus I want to somehow make it just his birthday. He''s had one year of his life where he had his own birthday. He and his grandma had the same birthday. She died just after we turned 20, so his 21st was the first year that he had his "own" birthday, and then on his 22nd his cousin was born. So maybe we''ll do "21: Take two!"

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Princessplease, Purple is BEAUTIFUL! I''ve got a total crush on all-gray animals. They''re gorgeous.

Atlantic City, huh? I''ve never been. I''m kind of curious, though...was it as trashy as they say?
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:45:45 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 4/30/2009 6:40:34 PM
princesss- I wasn''t around much in April but weren''t you on a break with your boyfriend? I''m assuming when you talk about ''boyfriend'' you are still referring to the same guy, right? You two worked things out then I take it? I don''t mean to pry. I just was wondering...

Yeah, same guy.
30.gif
He was right about giving me two weeks to think things through. I had just gone temporarily crazy (it was like getting cold feet), but it gave me a chance to really re-evaluate my life and the relationship and realize that we are right where we want to be, and the issues I''m having with my life can be worked out with him right by my side. I''m lucky that he understands me enough to give me space when I need it, and forgive me when I need to be forgiven.
Awww. That''s great news then! Glad to hear you were able to work things out and have him by your side
4.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:46:57 PM
Dream, I''m so sorry about his job loss
8.gif
I hope everything works out. Does he have any good leads? I know how you feel. We try not to spend so much on take-out and restaurants, but when I was in school this semester, it was so hard to not do take out or restaurants. We try to split it up, though.
Yeah it''s a rough time for us! Part of the reason I was MIA for a while. Just too much of everything. You know? He has his BS in Public Administration so is looking for something in the Government. Or at least something similar to what he wants to do so he can gain some experience. The job he was laid off from he has had since ''99. So it was time anyway. It''s just too bad it wasn''t on his own terms because he has all those bills to pay...

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Princess, that sucks that he always had to share his b-day, but I understand why you want to make it special. Maybe you could make him a nice dinner so it won''t break the bank too much. I made FI a picture book online of us for his birthday. It was somewhere around $30
Wow, Freke, I thought mine was tough, but holy moly! That''s a crazy amount of birthdays!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I were to have started the May Small Talk thread it would have been "The May LIW WoW Talk Thread"

nerd OUT!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well I''m outa here! Have a great evening everyone. See you IN MAY. lol

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:54:57 PM
Author: elledizzy5
If I were to have started the May Small Talk thread it would have been ''The May LIW WoW Talk Thread''

nerd OUT!

Hahahaha

We should totally have a sign up sheet, and whoever has a certain month (like Elle, if you had June) you could call it whatever you wanted, like, "I totally adore WoW (and small talk, too)"

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the WoW talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot for nerdom!!!!

(Just you wait, June is going to be Sims talk. Fiery, you in?)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Aw, I''m so sorry!!!!!! After ten years, I can''t even imagine. I wish him the best of luck in finding a new job. There really is a lot that can be done with a public admin degree; my school offers a M.A in public admin, and those students work in a ton of different fields. I hope he finds something soon!

Princess, thanks. She''s a big ol'' fatty, but she''s so sweet!!! FI and I also have a little black and white kitten, a black and white tuxedo, and a tan tabby girl.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:56:38 PM
Well I''m outa here! Have a great evening everyone. See you IN MAY. lol

YAY FOR MAY!

It''s already May in Australia and Singapore and India and Holland and France and South Africa and and and and and....why isn''t it May here yet?????

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:59:28 PM
Aw, I''m so sorry!!!!!! After ten years, I can''t even imagine. I wish him the best of luck in finding a new job. There really is a lot that can be done with a public admin degree; my school offers a M.A in public admin, and those students work in a ton of different fields. I hope he finds something soon!

Princess, thanks. She''s a big ol'' fatty, but she''s so sweet!!! FI and I also have a little black and white kitten, a black and white tuxedo, and a tan tabby girl.

Aww, I''ve got a black and white kitty, too. BF has a tan Boxer, and he''s a total goofball. He just got neutered, though, so he''s not the most graceful guy right now. The purple cone on his head is pretty amusing, though.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It will be May soon enough princesss...give it about 5 hours...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
UGH! I feel vomitous (NOT a word) with nerves.

FF is shopping for the setting right now and I feel like I''m having a manic episode.

I can''t talk to anyone about it but LIW, so you guys are get inundated with reminders about the fact that J is shopping for a ring right now.

Hey... did I tell you guys? He''s shopping for a ring?

Sigh... never gets old.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
LOL!!! They''re hilarious with the cones on!!!! When my little tabby got spayed, the poor thing kept bumping into the wall!!! I love boxers! They''re so pretty! Is he still a puppy?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Aw, elle! I can only imagine how you''re feeling!!!! But YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Elle, you''re in law school right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results