shape
carat
color
clarity

OK, trying not to get too excited BUT.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Last night my guy asked me if I would consider a stone that was his grandmother''s. I''ve been wanting either a cushion cut or an asscher, but of course, I would happily take this stone (it''s an RB). The one thing that REALLY makes me want it is that his grandfather sold his car to buy this diamond for his grandma. He adored his wife. So meaningful.
He told me that if I like the stone (how could I not), and want it, he''ll let me pick whatever setting I want since he''s saving on the stone.
10.gif

I won''t lie. I hope it''s nice.
6.gif
32.gif

Cross your fingers!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great! What kind of setting were you thinking of? Any idea on the specs of the stone?

And... go NYC!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
!!!!! YAY! !!! As you probably know, I have my great grandmothers diamond in my e-ring and I LOVE it. I think it would be even more wonderful to have a stone that was FIs family''s.. because its sort of like "joining the family", you know? I bet whether it is "nice" or not spec-wise, you will ADORE it because of the meaning.

And FI points out to me how much NICER of an e-ring I have than what he would have been able to afford to buy me if he had to buy the stone. Its TOTALLY worth it.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of having a family stone passed on like that! I am going to give my daughter my jewelry and china. Then I will upgrade again to the dismay of DH.

Seriously, I think its wonderful. Your getting a loving stone!

Best,
Lori-yellowfan

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
ammayernyc,

Well, my setting really depends on the stone. I have been wanting an Asscher, with trapezoids, but now I don't know... Never really thought about an RB.

Oh, and I know nothing about the stone.
32.gif

I'm nervous, b/c not to sound like a jerk, but I was wanting something along the lines of 1.75-2.0 ct. He never had a problem with that either.

I really don't care what the size is now b/c of the meaning of this stone.

Let's just hope it's nice and not full of inclusions. I know that sounds bad but I can't help it. I don't really wear jewelry so I wanted my e-ring to be a nice one. It's the only *really* expensive piece of jewelry I'll ever ask for.
41.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Morticia:

Don''t feel bad about wanting a nice ring. Every girl dreams of the day she grows up and gets married. Let us know how the stone is when you find out.

best,

Lori
21.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
If the stone is really horrible, maybe you can suggest making it into a pendant. That way it will be closer to your heart (to borrow a line for Carrie in Sex and the City).

I tried on an asscher with trapazoids last weekend... beautiful.

I think the one that I finally ''settled'' on is a rb with pear sidestone. Really beautiful. They have a nice example on the Tiffany website.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I feel bad even wondering that, considering the man sold his car to buy his then g-friend the ring. How sweet is that?

Also, years later he gave her an upgrade. A 3 plus carat pear!
6.gif
My guy's brother got that a year a go and is getting married in Nov. His mom said "Your brother got the big one. You should have the romantic one....".

So, her getting an upgrade makes me wonder about this one. Well, we'll know next weekend, ladies! He's going to visit his mom and bring it back.
32.gif

I'll keep you updated.
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I love that its his g-ma''s stone, but I''d be like you, hoping that its pretty and not too small.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Morticia,
I absolutely love the sentiment attached to the stone, but I totally understand your apprehensions about it. Hopefully, it will turn out to be beautiful. Think about it this way, if it is smaller than what you were looking for, maybe you can add some gorgeous side stones. Also, by saving money on the center diamond, you can surely get an amazing setting... also, perhaps you can get some pretty earrings to coordinate.

If you were set on having a squarish stone, maybe you can set it in a mount that makes it look more square. Art Nouveau just re-set her rb in a Beaudry setting seen HERE

I''m waiting on pins and needles to see your stone!
21.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Morticia,

Wow! You must be nervous. I''d be excited but worried. There''s nothing wrong with wanting a beautiful stone. I hope that it is everything you hope it will be. Let is know as soon as you get some info
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results