shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW # and where you stand...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I keep watching the updated LIW list and I''m slowly creeping up the list!
face7.gif
So I wanted to see where everyone stood. So state you number and give a brief explanation of your scenario... Ring purchased? Ring in the House? Picked out a ring? Proposal expectaions as far as dates go, etc...

I think ya''ll get it!
19.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
#25 Ok... we''ve definately picked out the ring, but I left the stone selection up to him! (Starting to get nervous about that) It has to be a rectangular Radiant to fit the setting though... I set a bail out date a while back so that I knew after 7 years of dating we were heading in the right direction... So he has til the beginning of Feb to get the job done! LOL! He just bought me a little kitten that we will be picking up October 27th and I mentioned to him how cute it would be if he put the ring on the cats collar and surprised me with both... He liked the idea, but I don''t think he honestly has time to get the ring made and shipped to us from Las Vegas to Florida before then. We''ll see though. He definately says he''s been thinking about it and I''m not going to have to use that bail out date!!! Thank God! As for wedding plans... ELOPING!!!

dps777

Shiny_Rock
Hi All. #65 here! Ring is purchased and should be in his possession by the end of this week. Hoping for the proposal within the next month or so (unless he decides to torture me a bit longer). Hopefully I will have some pics to share sooner rather than later!

dps777

Shiny_Rock
PS We selected the ring together and I have seen it so no surprise there!

hookemhorns

Rough_Rock
well dps777, we must be kindred spirits, because I am #64. We picked out both the stone and setting together. It came last Thursday, and being the naughty girl I am, I coerced him into letting me see it under the guise of "I have to try it on. What if it doesn''t fit?"
12.gif
Those words must''ve struck fear into his heart since he aquiesced. The moment it slid on my finger without difficulty, he slid it back off saying, "It fits! Now you have to wait."

I have been internally tortured ever since.

He is loving it. It is somewhere in our house and I have no idea where. He''s good at hide and seek!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
#73 and we're still a ways off...one of those LIWFAW situations.

He's said that he wants to get married in late Spring/early Summer of 2010, and I told him I wanted a year to plan, so we're still a year and a half from the proposal...but at least I know it's coming! I'm guessing that we'll start looking seriously at rings around this time next year.
36.gif

ckillilea

Rough_Rock

I think we FINALLY picked the setting this weekend. It was a toss up, but I think we both fell in love with the Ritani Endless Love. I also love a Scott Kay so I told him he could pick, but he''s really bad at making decisions (thus the ring search that took forever). He said it would be coming by October, but he still has to pick the center stone so I am not getting my hopes up. We''re going to Mexico the week before Christmas and I wouldn''t be surprised if he did it then. I''m trying to remain patient which is much easier when I know he''s actively working with a jeweler.

I have to say, this website helps to have fun with it but not pressure him too much with my obession :)

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock

The ring is on his desk. I inherited it from my grandmother, right before he was going to start ring shopping. Expecting a formal proposal in the next six months or so. I''m not too worked up about it.

He''s...uh...sort of asked me a couple times already, but I would really like it done properly!

Makes me feel like sort of a brat, but I''m so laid back about so much, I think I deserve to be picky once in a while
11.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
# 34...not too long ago I was somewhere in the seventies so YAY
36.gif
The ring has been picked out... we both fell in love with an ajaffe ring. All he needs to do is save up the money and get it! However, that could take awhile. Proposal no sooner than Christmas I should think. But that''s better than next christmas!

teetee

Shiny_Rock
#80 here. We''re currently shopping for stones/rings. Right now, I am looking at a square H&A with a Ritani endless love micropave setting. I recently got the courage to add my name to this list and I think it has helped speed up the pace. Sometimes writing down your goal helps you achieve it
21.gif

Like Aloros'' FF, he has also asked me a couple times but I want it to be official as well! Heck, I waited long enough for this, I deserve to have it done right.

urban venus

Rough_Rock
#52- We went ring shopping in early June (had a great time and tried on some wickedly huge bling- way out of our price range but it was a blast!). He has an idea what I want and now the ball is in his court. Who knows! I am just trying to sit back and let him do his thing... (though as I am sure you can all relate- it is KILLING me! LOL!)

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock

We’ve looked at rings and I’ve given him a few concrete ideas about what I like but he wants the entire ring selection and proposal to be all on him. Since he’s done a fantastic job picking out all my other jewelry over the years, I’m not anxious about leaving everything up to him.

I am in the dark about a timeline as he won’t do much besides chuckle when I ask how long he’s going to make me wait. So, I’m just doing my best to be patient with very little information knowing that I’ll be better off because I’ll be very surprised. I do think it will be by the end of this year. That said, I’ve also accepted the fact that SO is a little too concerned with a mutual friend’s feelings (our friend is getting married in May), so I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if I found myself waiting until after May ’08.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
im #20, slowly climbing up! lol

we have the stone but no ring, we are choosing the setting together, we have found one i love but i would like to change a couple of things to it. he did say that we can take one more trip to the district next month do take a final look so we know that we find the perfect ring! hes being really cute about it!

we''ve been together since high school, and still together now, im 20 (turning 21 in December) and hes 22 (turning 23 in December) were a week apart in birthdays! we actually met on Christmas (the day before his 17th birthday!) so im hoping that im gonna be getting a pretty ring this coming Christmas, he said before the end of the year, but wont tell me when so im in the final stretch. were young, but its all good, we have had though tedious long talks about the future with both each other and our families, and after 6 years we know were ready. although we will be having a long engagement and will be getting married in 2009 AFTER i finish my undergrad.

so yea, we have the stone, we don''t have a setting YET, he has the date he wants to do it on (which im not even going to try to get out of him becasue i want to be surprised! its enough that im going to have seenmy ring), and IM still a LIW!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
I''m #26!

He says we will be engaged by the end of 2007...hoping sooner, (my Birthday is in Nov.!), but a Christmas proposal would be great also! We''ve been together for 7 years and I am soooo ready! I have armed him with plenty of pics/information/examples of settings I love and preferences for the stone, however he does ultimatley want it to be a surprise. Thankfully, I do know he is going to use the info. and guidelines I have given him. I am 99% sure he does not have the ring yet, but I suspect he''s been shopping/looking. So I''ve got no more than 14 weeks to go! (Time really is flying!) YAY!

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Hello hello #53 here, Livinthedream! Right now our setting is in the process of being made, and I am waiting (anxiously... on certain days impatiently) for the jeweler to call and show us more center stones. I am very much hoping to be engaged by Christmas. I have a November birthday, but I don''t know if the ring will be ready by then and the BF will have his plan (whatever that may be) ready either! We are on the same page (maybe I just read a lil faster- hahah) so I think it wil def be before the year is out. If not, I will simply wait.
24.gif

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
Im #6 (yes a single digit). i''m waiting on the actual proposal, the ring is sitting in my dresser cause thats were my lovely boyfriend thinks it should go. I told him to move it and he said NO. im testing you to see how long you can handle temptation for!! I said, not too long, i have had my hands on that fed ex box multiple times but just havent looke inside. My only days off will be wed and sat for a longggggggggg time so i booked a mani/pedi for tomorrow in hopes that it will happen this weekend. we''ll see what happens. the magic mani better work, ohh and now that i remember he did ask me when i was gonna have a mani done. I havent had one done in 2 years (well proffesionally) wonder why hes asking........
31.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha, sleeping beauty, I know how you feel. My bf keeps it on the DESK of all places, nestled in the middle of the computer monitor stand! We''ve tried to come up with better places to put it, but neither of us has come up with a suggestion that is acceptable to the other.

Besides, I''m a little naughtier than you.

I try it on when he''s in the shower
11.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
number 9. We have the ring since July so Im hoping that he does it soon! He is taking me away for a weekend in a week and a half so Im so hoping that he does it while we''re away. I think it will be soon though
36.gif

kellybelly

Shiny_Rock
woo! a newly added #87.

i know he''s working on it as we speak, and i think he even recruited the help of a dear friend who has a part-time job at a jewelry store. my guess is that it will be in the next month or so. some days it''s easy to wait, some days i spend A LOT of time here on PS looking at fabulous celebrity bling. i just never know. but i do know that it''s coming, so that makes things easier. i gave him 2 photos of settings that i love and he also knows i''m looking for an Asscher. we''ll see what he comes up with. truth be told i am a bit afraid of his lack of knowledge of diamonds, but all of his buddies are either engaged or married so i know he has a good pool of resources to use.

but in the mean time, i''ll happily hang here with all of you ladies....and wait.

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
I am #22. My boyfriend purchased the ring in May... but it''s in the jeweler''s safe for safekeeping. My boyfriend is saving up for a house, so I''m not expecting any big, extravagant proposal. But private and sweet is perfect for me. I know for sure that it will be before Christmas, so I''m just trying to be patient until then.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I am #60 right now, and this is my second (and hopefully last) tour of the LIW list. I broke my previous engagement in January and I have been with the new BF since July. Even being together such a short time, I can totally tell that I have met the husband I was meant to have. No ring talk or proposal talk is taking place at present, but I would assume we''ll start seriously discussing engagement next summer. Most recently we''ve just been enjoying each other''s company. I''ve seen him, for at least a small part of every day, for 54 days straight, no breaks. He''s not sick of me yet.
2.gif

Junkenpo

Shiny_Rock
the last time i checked i was a not-so-sweet 16!

I''ve given BF specs on stone & setting "suggestions" but have no idea if he''s gone shopping yet... i''m hoping he pops the question by the end of this year... we''re going on 4yrs together shortly after, and we''re supposed to be moving in together next spring!

yarrmatey

Rough_Rock
#86.... We''ve bought the setting and are currently in the process of picking out my center stone, although I''m sure once it''s bought he will torture me for awhile and make me wait. I''ve never understood why boys seem to think that''s the surefire way to a girl''s heart...

Nitza1124

Rough_Rock

We picked out THE ring together, and now all he has to do is go back and get it!!! But he doesnt want to tell me when he''s going to go and pick it up...he wants me to be suprised...and its driving me INSANE!!!! Hopefully i''ll have it soon
31.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Ok... So it seems that the LIW's at the bottom of the list are in a better position to get off it than the ones at the top!!! Oh NO! Where are all the LIW's at the top? Are they still around?

Girls! Where Are You????

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2007 6:20:37 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Ok... So it seems that the LIW''s at the bottom of the list are in a better position to get off it than the ones at the top!!! Oh NO! Where are all the LIW''s at the top? Are they still around?

Girls! Where Are You????
Well, it seems that a lot people lurk and then add their names on the list only when they know engagement is imminent, hence the quick exit from the list. Some of the others added their names when they were waiting without any knowledge other than they found the ones they wanted to spend the rest of their lives with.

No offense to the newcomers (it''s always nice to see happy LIWs), but I really stick around to cheer for some of the old timers.
1.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
I''m #75. We looked at rings about 2 years ago so he has an idea. But since then we haven''t looked together at all. I would like for it to be more of a surprise and not know what my ring looks like. He has said it will happen "soon."

Boy soon or girl soon? You got me! lol.

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
#18. My boyfriend is in the military so he asked me to come with him to his next duty station...which could be anywhere from Hawaii to Boston to Alaska. I agreed, so we''ll be off on our adventure next August. We''ve been dating almost two years now so I don''t want to rush it, but I''d love to be engaged before I move across the country with him.

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
I know that I found this board when we were starting to look for engagement rings...so I was off the list in a couple of months after adding myself. Prior to this I had no information about diamonds and had no idea what I wanted, so I was doing research and found pricescope.

ck&carm

Rough_Rock

As of today....I am #28....although i am happy for you girls to be getting off the list, this is making me move up way too fast...

Seems like most of you have some say in picking your ring...for me, I am leaving everything up to him (ring/proposal/time), I want it to be a total surprise when it happens.

We have been together for only 10 months...but we know we have found the one...I guess the only reason I haven''t been driving him insane is because he had already told me he wants to marry me ONE DAY...i guess this is pretty big for him to say becasue before we met, he was telling everyone that he would never get married....

As for timeline, the only hint he has given is: "Once I have your ring size (which he has since May), it will happened." (but then he added: "it could be the next day, could be the next yr, could be the next decade, you just have to wait and see"....).

I seriously think he just enjoys driving me nuts...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results