shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a wedding date already?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

notmyrealname

Rough_Rock
Hi, ladies...

Do you have a date in mind for your wedding? I (and boyfriend too) have thought about a couple different dates at this point. Some of them are a mere 14 months away! I really do not want to plan anything until we are engaged. He understands that as well.

In general, what are the least expensive months to get married, as budget is definitely a factor for us?

Also, are any of you girls teachers? I am and will be moving cross country following the wedding. Therefore, I have to either get married before the start of the next school year, 2009, (with time to move and interview before as well) or face another year substituting and looking for a mid year position. Of course, summer is the most expensive time to get married! Does anyone else have similar career concerns whatever your field?

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Hi notmyrealname, I understand how you feel about your career. I am a teacher too and feel that the best time for myself and my partner to get married (when we finally get engaged!) is during the summer as I''d want to go on our honeymoon immediately follwing the wedding. This throws up concerns as summer is the most expensive time to get married and also the most expensive time to go abroad. Also the places I would love to travel to for our honeymoon have the worst weather during the summer months too.
Good luck with whatever you do :)

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Similar issues here... FF is becoming a teacher and we are both in school but will graduate in May 2009. So that means we would have to get married in the summer of 2008 or 2009, or possibly December of 2008. None of which are my absolute favorite times, for some of the same reasons you''ve mentioned, but oh well. I guess summer has its perks later in life, because teachers will always have the same time off in order to take anniversary trips.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
April-August are the most expensive and popular months, while Dec-Mar tend to be the least popular and therefore least expensive months. My friend got married March 3, 2007 and paid about 20% less for her wedding than she would have any other month because it was such a down season. I should mention that she planned it in mid January when she found out she was pregnant, but still, getting 20% discounts on everything with less than 2 months to plan is pretty awesome.

I''ve thought about getting married in either the Fall or Winter...the year depends on when he asks, and when I graduate. My BF is a PhD student and planning on becoming a professor when he''s done, so I''ve thought a lot about arranging a wedding around the school year. That''s why the Fall wedding would have to be at Fall break (which means either no honeymoon, or that he''d have to take off
20.gif
) and with a winter wedding we could have the honeymoon right after the wedding, but it''d be the dead of winter (and we''re thinking NYC for our h-moon, so that doesn''t seem like the greatest plan).

Basically, I''ve got it all planned out, just depends on him to ask. Which probably won''t be for a while because he''s not keen on getting married until we''re somewhat financially stable (aka him having a job-even though I''ll graduate in less than 2 years and be able to support us.
8.gif
). So yes, and no. However, I''m insisting that we get married before we have to move for his job, because I don''t want to have to plan a wedding from a different state.

Ugh. Too much to think about. Maybe we''ll just do the courthouse.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to get married in October, and hopefully in 2010, so for fun and games my goal is to get married on the 23 of October, 2010. Who knows if that will happen, as long as I get to marry my man! Oh and FrekeChild, my mom and I just went to NYC the week before Christmas and it was FABULOUS! There''s something about that city at Christmas time. So don''t let the season deter you.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh redfaery, I love NYC, it''s my absolute favorite place in the world. I can''t wait to show it to my BF, but I''m not sure how receptive he would be to the Christmas crowds, and the dirty gray mounds of snow on every corner. I haven''t been in the city around Christmas time, but I imagine it would be magical
9.gif
9.gif
, but probably a little overwhelming for a first-timer. Don''t worry about deterring me though-we are pretty much set on NYC, it''s just a matter of when the wedding would be.
28.gif
But honestly, after living through a summer upstate in the Hudson Valley-I''d much prefer the dead of winter to the humidity of summer.
32.gif
32.gif

FYI We''re from New Mexico.

And my mom''s birthday is Oct 23rd! That''s pretty awesome.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ktdid

Shiny_Rock
My friends at work all decided that my wedding date needs to be 8/8/08! I need to know if that''s totally silly or not!? Of course, I don''t have a ring yet so that will make the difference
2.gif
This would be my second marriage so it''ll be a little different in the planning- short and sweet!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought about that too--just so that BF would remember our wedding anniversary though. Heh.

Ok. Off to bed for me!
40.gif

Lnicegirl

Rough_Rock
Notmyrealname,

I am in a similar situation. My BF and I have dicussed October of 08 and we are not yet engaged. And I too will not begin planning until we are engaged. We are considering a time in October where it will be little less expensive because we don''t have a large budget for a wedding. A friend of mine got married in February on Friday and had an evening reception which was less expensive. It was really nice.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
08/08/08 would be a great date for my BF and i, because his favorite number is 8 (and has the tattoos to prove it). sadly, we are not even engaged yet, so it won''t happen. but i think march 27, 2010 is the date!! to me at least.
20.gif
2.gif

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this is a tough one... Eric and I both talk about an October wedding because we love Fall and the colors are gorgous. But... If I actaully get my dream wedding at Lake Louise Canada (picture below) then I may have to look into summer months for weather purposes. :) Either way it will be a dream and I can''t wait!!

canada.jpg

angiety2k

Shiny_Rock
Year 2010 is what we are thinking about. I was hoping for a May 29,2010 date, but my honey is hoping for a September wedding. I would like my colors to be pink & green!
21.gif

ktdid

Shiny_Rock
That picture is *gorgeous*! I actually thought about going to Canada to get married! Maybe Vancouver or something! I used to live in Maine and that is gorgeous in the summer, too!

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 6:20:02 PM
Author: ktdid
That picture is *gorgeous*! I actually thought about going to Canada to get married! Maybe Vancouver or something! I used to live in Maine and that is gorgeous in the summer, too!

Yeah I fell in love with western Canada and when I got to Lake Louise, I knew it was going to be where I got married. :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 5:09:12 PM
Author: MissErin
Oh this is a tough one... Eric and I both talk about an October wedding because we love Fall and the colors are gorgous. But... If I actaully get my dream wedding at Lake Louise Canada (picture below) then I may have to look into summer months for weather purposes. :) Either way it will be a dream and I can''t wait!!

WOW Erin, that place looks fab!

We didn''t have date before we got engaged but I knew where I wanted to get married so we booked our date soon after. Here''s a pic of where we''re having our reception

beeinthecastle.jpg

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 7:08:20 PM
Author: bee*

We didn''t have date before we got engaged but I knew where I wanted to get married so we booked our date soon after. Here''s a pic of where we''re having our reception

The picture you posted is INCREDIBLE!! It is a PRINCESS castle for the perfect princess - YOU!!!!!! I can''t wait to see more - especially pictures of you as a BRIDE there!! hehe

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I have a wedding date but not *officially* engaged yet. But it''s because it''s exactly 6 months from our first date and during Autumn, our favorite season.
9.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
The BF chose our date already, but I honestly think he was only half joking. He said we have to use July 25, 2009 because it is the Saturday closest to our anniversary (7/26). I am expecting a ring this year, so technically there would be enough time to plan for that, but costs might interfere, so we''ll see. I still think it''s very endearing that he''s already that excited about getting married to be picking a date.
2.gif

lovelyrita

Rough_Rock

What an amazing place for the reception! Where is it located, if you don''t mind me asking?

INdmbLove

Shiny_Rock
Depending upon when we get engaged this year I''m hoping for a 2/21/09 wedding--- it will be my grandparents'' 45th wedding anniversary- and I just think it will be so sweet to share that day with them- they have such a wonderful relationship....
BUT i do have a few snags 1) i''m a teacher- so that means honeymoon will be atleast put off until spring break time (which seems a little unromantic in many locations) 2) Since the beginning of our relationship he has always known that I would really LOVE a Holiday proposal- which leaves very little time to put everything together (although we both want a fairly small ceremony- so it would be do-able.)

So anyways- that''s my tentative little thought/plan... we will see how it all works out!

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 11:12:25 PM
Author: INdmbLove
Depending upon when we get engaged this year I''m hoping for a 2/21/09 wedding--- it will be my grandparents'' 45th wedding anniversary- and I just think it will be so sweet to share that day with them- they have such a wonderful relationship....
BUT i do have a few snags 1) i''m a teacher- so that means honeymoon will be atleast put off until spring break time (which seems a little unromantic in many locations) 2) Since the beginning of our relationship he has always known that I would really LOVE a Holiday proposal- which leaves very little time to put everything together (although we both want a fairly small ceremony- so it would be do-able.)

So anyways- that''s my tentative little thought/plan... we will see how it all works out!
OMG!!!!!! 2/21 is my birthday!! I totally think this is a PERFECT date. :) hehe

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 7:20:33 PM

The picture you posted is INCREDIBLE!! It is a PRINCESS castle for the perfect princess - YOU!!!!!! I can''t wait to see more - especially pictures of you as a BRIDE there!! hehe

Thanks Erin! I do love it. I will definitely post pics when I get married there but it''s not for AGES (june 09). Oh well, all the more anticipation!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 10:00:01 PM
Author: lovelyrita

What an amazing place for the reception! Where is it located, if you don''t mind me asking?

Hi Rita, it''s in Cavan in Ireland. Here''s the link to it if you fancy a destination wedding!

Cabra Castle

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a date in mind but it will be sometime in about 2 years when my braces come off I flat out refuse to get married with braces
28.gif

If we decide to get married in OZ we will most likely get married somewhere between April-August as IMO it is to hot to get married in summer here however if we decide to do a destination family elopement to Europe then I think spring would be better. ;-)

Miss Erin: How breathtaking is that view
30.gif

Bee that castle looks magical :) I could just imagine running around it

Delster

Ideal_Rock
bee, honey, you''re a sweet girl and all, but I''m going to have to do something nasty if you don''t stop torturing me!!!
2.gif

BF and I have a romantic notion of March 21, 2009. But that would only give us about six months to plan a wedding. And venues over here book up about 18 months in advance. The venue I like (bee''s venue) is booked up for the next three years. Hmmmm.... anyone else smell a problem?
20.gif

Ah sure, it''ll all work out in the end one way or another I guess
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 7:15:25 AM
Author: Delster
bee, honey, you''re a sweet girl and all, but I''m going to have to do something nasty if you don''t stop torturing me!!!
2.gif

I''m sorry Delster
9.gif
You never know-they might have that date available at the time you go to book. I''m keeping everything crossed!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 9:22:53 PM
Author: equestrienne
The BF chose our date already, but I honestly think he was only half joking. He said we have to use July 25, 2009 because it is the Saturday closest to our anniversary (7/26). I am expecting a ring this year, so technically there would be enough time to plan for that, but costs might interfere, so we''ll see. I still think it''s very endearing that he''s already that excited about getting married to be picking a date.
2.gif

Are you set on a Saturday wedding? I think a Sunday wedding could be very nice and you''d get to have it on your actual anniversary!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 4:41:57 PM
Author: Lnicegirl
Notmyrealname,

I am in a similar situation. My BF and I have dicussed October of 08 and we are not yet engaged. And I too will not begin planning until we are engaged. We are considering a time in October where it will be little less expensive because we don''t have a large budget for a wedding. A friend of mine got married in February on Friday and had an evening reception which was less expensive. It was really nice.
Same boat here, we''ve talked extensively about October 08, and I know it sounds crazy, but as long as it happens 6 months before the wedding date, I''m going to make it happen! When my sister got engaged, they got married three months later (yes, crazy, I know) and nothing was spared because of it. I''m not going to cut it that close, though!

I haven''t necessarily started planning, but we''ve figured out the guest list (FF''s doing, not mine!), and where we want to have it, on a beach on the eastern shore of MD. I''ve been browsing, getting ideas, and I know what I want for everything. All I need is the ring to really start planning, and executing my dream!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 7:28:27 AM

2.gif

I''m sorry Delster
9.gif
You never know-they might have that date available at the time you go to book. I''m keeping everything crossed!

Thank you!

Wow, it seems like a lot of us have ''dream'' dates that are in the next 12-18 months. I''m surprised - most people I know who got engaged had at least two and usually three year long engagements. But it''s good surprised - makes me feel more normal for contemplating a (maybe) nine or (probably) six month engagement!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 3:06:22 PM
Date: 1/3/2008 7:28:27 AM

2.gif

I''m sorry Delster
9.gif

Thank you!

Wow, it seems like a lot of us have ''dream'' dates that are in the next 12-18 months. I''m surprised - most people I know who got engaged had at least two and usually three year long engagements. But it''s good surprised - makes me feel more normal for contemplating a (maybe) nine or (probably) six month engagement!

Yeah I think in Ireland we definitely go for longer engagements. I''ve never know anyone to have shorter than a 14 month one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results