shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 4th May till 10th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week team!

I thought you might be amused to read this version of ' The One Good Meal Diet' which allows you one good meal a week - yipee!
emdgust.gif
Sadly this is typical of some of the wacky diets I have suffered through over the years. The hilarious part is that your ' one good meal' can consist of anything up to 500 calories!!! Maybe you could have 5 french fries, half a hamburger....

Diet Menu for Day 1 of the One Good Meal Diet
Breakfast:
Coffee
Lunch:
2 eggs + 1 tomato
Dinner:
7 Ounces of RED meat + a green salad.

Diet Menu for Day 2 of the One Good Meal Diet
Breakfast:
Coffee + toast OR cracker
Lunch:
7 Ounces of RED meat + green salad
Dinner:
5 1/4 Ounces of ham + 1 cup of yogurt

Diet Menu for Day 3 of the One Good Meal Diet
Breakfast:
Lunch:
Green salad + 1 tomato + 1 mandarin orange OR regular orange
Dinner:
3.5 Ounces of ham + fruit salad + 2 eggs

Diet Menu for Day 4 of the One Good Meal Diet
Breakfast:
Lunch:
5 1/4 Ounces of Gruyere cheese + 1 egg + 1 carrot
Dinner:
Fruit salad + 1 Yogurt

Diet Menu for Day 5 of the One Good Meal Diet
Breakfast:
5 1/4 Ounces of ham + 1 cup of carrots
Lunch:
7 Ounces of broiled fish + 1 tomato
Dinner:
8 3/4 Ounces of RED meat

Diet Menu for Day 6 of the One Good Meal Diet
Breakfast:
Lunch:
1/4 Baked Chicken + 1 citrus fruit
Dinner:
2 Eggs + 1 cup raw carrot

Diet Menu for Day 7 of the One Good Meal Diet
Breakfast:
Lunch:
7 Ounces of RED meat + 1 citrus fruit
Dinner:
Anything you like up to 500 calories (WOW, an entire Pop Tart)!

At this point, the starving dieter enters Phase II - a repeat of Phase 1.

Yes folks, diets like this do exist and I must have tried most of them.
40.gif
Is it any wonder I was yo yo dieting for so many years and used to rebel regularly because I was so hungry??? I estimate the calories above would be around 600 - 800 cals a day.
38.gif

Thankfully we have come a long way from when diets like that were all the rage ( for the most part). I know these wacky plans still do the rounds at times.
32.gif
Yes you may drop a few pounds quickly on these ( which is mainly water anyway initially) but the weight never stays off I have found because these plans don't teach you anything about eating and living in a healthier manner. They are all about forcing scale weight off as quickly as possible, but leave you high and dry as to how you are to maintain it - even if you can stay on these diets long enough to lose any weight in the first place!

I know I don't want to live like this any longer, and I am so grateful now that I know there is a far pleasanter and easier way to get heathier and to stay that way rather than that all or nothing cycle I was stuck on for so many years.

I know sometimes this type of plan can look tempting if you want to lose a bit of weight in the short term, however I would suggest instead trimming your normal calories down a bit and working out a little harder or more frequently, that should soon get the scales moving in the right direction again - rather embarking on this sort of ' diet'!

Have a great week
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great opening Lorelei! I too have tried many of those diets and they never got me anywhere as I was so hungry on them that I''d then eat everything in sight. Things are definitely a lot more pleasant doing it the other way-eating healthier and working out! No gym for me today as my exams start tomorrow so I''m studying all day today. I got these delicious chicken skewers for dinner which we''re going to have with a big salad so I''m looking forward to that later. Talk to you all then!!

Thanks Marcy-it sounds like you had a busy weekend!

Hi El-that horseshoe things sounds delicious. That''s great that you could make a healthier version.

Looking forward to hearing about your weekend Skippy!

Rod-thanks so much! I''ll get there eventually!! Sounds like you had a great weekend-well done on going to the gym when you''re still hurting. I totally agree with you on the salt thing-I really notice it when I go out for dinner too. One thing I''ve noticed since I''ve started eating healthier is how sweet bananas are. I have one every morning with my wheetabix and I can still get the taste off it hours later. So much better than eating other sweets and chocolate.

Talk to you all later during my next study break!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck on the exams Beestar, which ones are you doing?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great opener, Lorelei. I too tried many crazy fad diets that only failed. The only way I succeed is being able to eat normal food. Threadjack question - what was the website where you bought your EC? I found it in the many threads I read about EC but couldn''t find it again. Thanks lady.

Bee, good luck on your exams.

Have a great day.
Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei and marcy.

Lorelei-this semester it''s Pathology, Intro to Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Clinical Cardio/Respiratory and Clinical GI. Starts off with Pathology tomorrow and then they finish up on Saturday week. Cannot wait until they''re done!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, I had a busy weekend. My friend came into town and a some of us girls met for dinner; this the naughty Italian place (nothing healthy there). I had lasagna and boxed half of it (it was a high calorie day for sure); it was great seeing my friend since she is pregnant and we all are excited for her.

Then I got home and made a carrot cake for my BIL and mom, their birthday is today but we celebrated yesterday with a barbecue.
3.gif
I did yard work (mowing the lawn and blowing more leaves, we had a hail storm the night before) and then I walked an hour with my cousin.

The barbecue was fun, hubby made homemade salsa, collard greens, fresh corn, salad, grilled chicken and my hubby's famous mustard newspaper steaks. My carrot cake didn't have frosting and I served it with lots of fresh strawberries. My mom loved her pearls and my bil loved the camping gear and shirts I got him.
1.gif
Agh, and he asked me to train with him for a 5k; I will try training (hehe), lets see if I can do it.

Today I will be walking and for dinner I will slice the steak and make a steak avocado, tomato arugula salad for dinner. Hope everyone has a great day.
35.gif

LORELEI,
the only diet I tried was the soup diet and I was starving; I have never been good at dieting. My thing was trying to skip meals and that would backfire because I was starved and then would end up eating a huge meal. Wow, that diet sounds awful! Oh I did do the Southbeach and let me tell you I almost passed out in high intensity step aerobics; my body need some carbs I learned. You are right these diets don't teach us long term healthy eating, just crazy restriction. great opener!!

BEE,
sending you luck for your tests. mmm, the chicken sounds yummy!

MARCY,
yay for having a fun and busy weekend and all that walking!!

ROD, I hope your leg feels better and you sell your condo sweet friend, crossing my fingers!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I join? I''m really bad at keeping up with threads like this, but I''ll try.

I''ve never been on a diet (shock, horror!). The idea has never appealed to me.

I was my heaviest at the time of our wedding and have since slowly been getting my arse in gear again. I lost a stone just by not keeping up my dinner portions with DH. Now I am trying to get into shape. DH and I are both veggies and rarely eat out...but I love to bake. I''m now running, riding my stationary bike, doing push-ups and sit-ups in an attempt to keep up with my love of baking.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Addy!! I''m not a dieter myself. In fact, I joined HLT just trying to up my stamina a bit to keep up with my little guy. I''ve made a few small changes and eventually noticed a bit of a difference in my appearance. I''ve noticed much more of a difference in my physical strength and stamina though. I found yoga, which I LOVE. And, in perusing the Healthy Recipes thread, I found some food that''s just GOOD not diet-y. Good luck!

Lorelei~ Wow, what do I do if I don''t drink coffee?? Half my day is shot! I''ve never looked into "fad" diets, so I''ve actually never seen how crazy they are.

bee~ GOOD GOOD luck!

Hi, Marcy!

Skippy~ Sounds like you had a great weekend! Do you grow your own veggies for your salsa? I was thinking about starting a salsa garden...

DH is nearly done ripping our the retaining wall, so I should be able to get my shrubs in today or tomorrow. I got a lovely flower garden (English Cottage style) in the back and put in 3 lilacs. My butt hurts! LOL!! Too many squats in the garden!

My poor little nephew, who''s 2, broke his clavicle on Saturday. He went over backwards out of a patio chair onto cement. Amazingly, they say he should be healed in just a couple weeks!! Until then, we have to keep JT and him from their push-fights.

Well, I''m going to try to get my sore butt into some yoga. Have a great day!

1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!
35.gif
Yes, it's really me -- sorry for being MIA!

It's 71 and sunny in Chicago and I'm writing to you from my roofdeck, where I'm happily sitting with the monsters.

I've been working out every day (as usual). In Austin I did the elliptical or the treadmill every day, and in Indy I did the elliptical each morning. When I got home I decided I am going to try to run again, so on Saturday and today both I walked/ran (alternating at each 1/2 mil) for 5 miles, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully if I am just better about building up slowly I can get back to running good distance. And since it's now sleeveless weather I'm being better about a hard arms workout every other day too.

Lorelei, that diet is HYSTERICAL! Sad, but hysterical.

Bee, good luck with your exams tomorrow!

Marcy, I saw that your other EC went away...
7.gif
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find another one that you love soon!

Skipper, I LOVE carrot cake! If I ever get to 10K posts that's what I'm asking for, LOL!

Addy, WELCOME! We're happy to have you!

Shiny, oh dear, your poor nephew! That's one thing about little kids though, they are SO resilient.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening all. Dinner was delicious-I did the chicken with a huge salad with rocket, lettuce, spanish onion and cherry tomato with basalmic vinegar and also cooked some brown rice and beans with it. D loved it so I''ll have to do that dinner again soon. Hope you all had a good day!

Skippy-that definitely sounds like a busy weekend! I love barbecues! As soon as the weather picks up, we''re going to host a big one at our house for our friends.

Welcome Addy! It sounds like you''re doing a ton of exercise! I love baking too but I''m not great at it. That''s what I''m going to try and perfect this summer.

Thank you SS and Dee*Jay! I''ll let you all know how I get on tomorrow. Back to the books
34.gif
Night!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friend; I jogged 1.5 miles and then walked 2 miles. In my earlier post I was talking about my BIL wanting me to do a 5k w/him so I thought why not try jogging today and see how that goes; it felt really good. I think my sports challenge class (the sprinting and jump rope really is helping my lungs get stronger). I think I will try jogging more and maybe I can run the 5k.
1.gif

Oh my little turtle came to my back porch; I will have to post more pictures this evening. He is sooo cute! Okay, I have some cleaning to do; have a great Monday!!

ADDY,
of course join us; we are happy to have you w/us!!! Yay for excersing; sounds like you are in great shape, keep it up! woo!

SOMETHINGSHINY,
we have the perfect spot for a garden but we both are too lazy for gardening. It seems like a lot of work. I do take care of my flower beds. I wish we were more dedicated though. You should do a salsa garden, YUM! Everyone went nuts for hubby's salsa. Oh no, your poor nephew; I will keep him in my prayers. bless his little heart. yay for yoga

DEEJAY,
yay for running, me too; it must be this fabulous weather and that you are awesome, wooo! The carrot cake turned out super yummy, I threw some pineapple in too. Woo for all your workouts and glad you are back; I missed you!!!

BEE, oh your dinner sounds delicious; I am a huge fan of basalmic vinegar. You will do great on your tests. Yay for a barbecue too, soon; aren't they the best, so much fun!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Skippy -Yay for your jogging! When is the 5k that your BIL wants you to do?

Bee - Dinner does sound awesome! Good luck on your exams!!

Dee*Jay - Isn''t this weather amazing?!?! Glad you''re enjoying it!

SS - I can''t believe how much of a workout gardening is. Yours sounds lovely!! I can''t believe your nephew is going to heal so quickly, that''s crazy!

Addy - Welcome!!! Please share any secrets you have for healthy baking...I''ve been missing it over the last few weeks.

Marcy - Sending EC dust your way!

Lorelei - OMG, I thought my eyes were going to pop out as I read your "fad diet" - that is AWFUL! Have a great week!

Not a lot going here - we''re having turkey tacos tonight for dinner and I can''t wait for dinner. I''ve just felt soooo hungry today. I don''t think my brain has switched off since the splurging this weekend. We''ll continue paint stripping tonight - yuck. I ordered a digital scale over the weekend that had great reviews on Amazon, so I''m looking forward to it coming tomorrow! No more fussing about what I actually weigh. Now I''m looking for a food scale. I''m sick of not knowing how much meat/cheese/etc I''m actually eating. Does anyone use one they like?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Skippy, you''re jogging?! How are you finding it? I used to run quite a bit, but can''t seem to get back into it. How did you start? I did a bit this past weekend and felt like I was dying.

Elmorton, not healthy baking! I wouldn''t know how to do that! I just like to bake and have discovered that I need to watch everything else I eat to make up for it!! If I run across anything, I''ll let you know. Right now I''m on a lemon kick and making lemon squares.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Hi guys!
So sorry to disappear again... I swear I will be more diligent about posting once my paper is turned in. T-minus 3 1/2 days! Woot!
So last week, I was really good until the weekend. Sat. night AND Sun. night we had birthday get-togethers with friends and I totally caved and had drinks. The eating part was okay (exept for the cake and guac/chips last night
20.gif
), but man I could not resist margaritas and sangria. I can say that I''ve learned my lesson because get this, hubby lost FOUR pounds and I stayed the same! What is UP WITH THAT!? GRRR!
29.gif

Anyway, today has been stellar and I''m about to take the pup for a walk, then workout with hubby when he gets home, then eat, THEN work on my conclusion. Ugh...
Lorelei, another awesome opening. I too have been on crazy diets like that one but that one is hilarious... one good meal. Yeah, my mentalilty would be make it a GOOD one with all I can shove in my face.
20.gif

bee* - how much longer for you until the semester ends? This week? I''m pulling for you!
Hi marcy!
Skippy, you sound like you had an awesome weekend! Good for you!
Addy, hi there! I''m pretty new too! I am a baker as well but have not gone near the oven lately. I know both hubby and I have no self control... I guess that means I''m a pretty okay baker! :)
Hi Somethingshiny! We''re starting a big landscaping project too! I love spring!! We hired someone to do the heavy lifting and rip out some bushes for us. Hubby and I practically killed ourselves last year digging up some azaeleas so I figured I''d leave these to the pros! I''d love to see photos of your garden! Hope your nephew feels better soon, poor little one!
Hi Dee*Jay! I am SO jealous you''re out on your roofdeck! It''s cold and rainy here in CT!! Enjoy it!
Hi Elmorton! Your dinner sounds great!! I''m having an opposite day - not hungry AT ALL. I have NO idea what that''s about...
Anyway, I''m off to write! Have a great evening!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone. Last week I did 6 days of no sugar (as in candy, cake, cookies...basically junk). It was difficult but I did lose a little bit of weight. Now I am where I was before my two vacations. Still have min. of 5 lbs to go though. I am trying to make better food choices and be a bit more active (add another class and more walks). Took T for a walk this morning and did Zumba tonight. I overate at dinner but no one''s perfect right? Zumba again tomorrow and the exciting news is Tessa is moving into the toddler room at child watch. Eeek!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hiya!

Skip, you''ll do great running a 5K.

Welcome, Addy.

Lorelei, that diet is hysterical!

Bee, good luck with exams.

Paula, don''t beat yourself up. Perhaps before you go out you should make a plan in your head (2 drinks is okay, but no cake) if it would help you.

Dee, you''re turning into quite the workout queen!

SS, the garden sounds beautiful.

Tacori, sounds like you are doing great.

Foodwise I wasn''t great this weekend, but not excessive either. We did lots of walking both Sat and Sun. Walked after work this afternoon too; perhaps I''ll be running again soon. Weight, bleh, ignoring the scale and just keeping on with what I know is good for me.

Tacos and something for dinner from a new cookbook J bought over the weekend, Eating Well for Two.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I hope you had a great day.This is my last week of class so the papers are rolling in to grade.

JA never notified me today the EC diamond I was interested in was available again so I guess it is gone.Rats.I do enjoy the search though.

Bee, your courses sound difficult.I know you’ll do great on your exams.

Skippy, sounds like your weekend was marvelous.That is nice the birthday gifts were a hit.How fun to help your BIL train for a marathon.My calf muscles are a little tight today from all my walking but they are fine.Your turtle sounds cute.

Addy, we are glad to have you join the thread.Baking is fun but certainly takes a toll on the waistline.Sounds like you are doing a lot of exercise.

Somethingshiny, I am glad to hear you notice changes to your body from all of your hard work.Hugs to your little nephew.I hope he gets better soon.

DeeJay, good luck on running again.Is your knee doing better?Yes, I am sorry the EC didn’t work out but I will continue looking.I am going to Denver in a few weekends I might just get one there but it will cost me more money.

Elmorton, I use a Salter brand digital food scale.You can weigh in grahams or ounces.I like it a lot.It looks like a little silver plate.Thanks for the EC dust.

Paula, men lose weight faster than women do gosh darn it, huh?

Tacori, glad to hear you lost some weight.How amazing Tessa is moving in to the toddler room.

Kimi, good plan focusing on eating right and exercising and not worrying about the scale.

Have a great evening and a wonderful Tuesday.

Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
HI everyone!!!

Bee, good luck on your exams!! Your dinner sounds delish.

Skip, yay for doing a 5K. You BBQ sounds fun & the cake sounded tasty :) Yay your turtle is back! I definitely think you can do a 5K. Especially with all the stamina you''ve been building in your classes :)

Addy, Welcome to the HLT! I''m like you and also haven''t been on any sort of regimented diet, but being aware of your food intake does help you with your weight-loss goals. I love baking too. In fact we just made banana bread today...

Shiny, Aw, you''re poor nephew. I''m glad he''ll be okay in just a few weeks, but that sure does stink. How was yoga? What are you planting in your garden?

Deejay, Yay! Warm weather! I hear ya on the arms workout!!

Elmorton, what digital scale did you order? I know I should get one as well. And probably a kitchen scale too.

Paula, I''m totally like you and did pretty poorly on the drinking this weekend. Great that you didn''t GAIN any weight. Good luck on your paper!

Tacori, hooray for a successful 6 days no sugar. :) Yay! T''s moving to the toddler room. Glad Zumba''s going well for you.

Kim, hope you''re able to run soon too. Sounds like you''re staying on the right course. Keep up the good work.

Marcy, Sorry you missed out on your EC.
7.gif
Good luck with all your papers to grade. I dunno how you do it. I''d be EXHAUSTED to grade all of them!!!

Towards the end of last week I kinda had a mild case of food poisoning. So I was pretty lazy. And my friend from Denver came into town so we did a lot of going out to dinner. I wasn''t that good, and did have some drinks. I know I could''ve easily been my normal round-per-round self, but I consciously told myself to skip a few rounds. Still, I know I should really lay off the drinking for like 30 days or something. It''s kinda tough since we do a lot of bars & social drinking in my group as get togethers.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Lorelei - that diet is too funny - the funny/sad part is that I''m sure I have been on something at least that crazy several times in my life (cabbage soup diet? South Beach? OK, that one''s popular - but for me it made me a psycho in about 6 hours!
11.gif
) I am wrapping up Tuesday and so far a good week - an hour of weight training and 45 min of cardio yesterday, as I knew I would be off today due to massive errands. I am really trying to watch my food intake this week - I am within 2 lbs of busting thru a 10 year ''that''s as low as I got'' weight so I am REALLY focusing on it!!

Bee* - continued good luck with exams!!
MarcyC - fingers crossed for you on the EC hunt
Skippy - I
30.gif
carrot cake, yum! good luck w/ training, I think a race is a fun way to stay focused
Addy - l love lemon squares almost as much as carrot cake
1.gif

Somethingshiny - what type of yoga do you do?
Dee*Jay - working out every day is amazing! I am trying to consistently get to 5x, you rock!
Elmorton - I have a Salter scale - look for one that will do both grams and ounces, and also has a ''zero out'' or ''tare'' (I think it''s spelled) function, so you can put your plate on, zero it out, add chicken, zero it out, add cheese, etc. - so much easier than weighing individually! I love having one, has made food tracking so much easier!
PaulaW - might just be water retention from the salt from the chips and guac/margaritas?
Tacori - a week with no sugar is NOT an easy week - that is great!
Kimberley and Lliang - hi and wishing you a good week!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Greetings all and happy new week!

I must say that keeping up with this thread has been really difficult for me-haven't had much computer time available and I don't see this changing anytime soon!

Lorelei-to funny on the bad diet plan, there are soooo many of them out there!!!
Bee-good luck on exams, I am sure it will be a nice relief when they are finished :)
Skippy-Oooo a 5k, I'm sure you'll do great. And YAY for your turtle returning.
Addy-welcome, good luck :)
Shiny-have fun with the landscaping, my hubby and I have always done all of ours and I am soooo glad when they are finished!!!
Dee-good luck with your running!
El-good luck with the paint stripping! A food scale will be a great idea.
PaulaW-good luck with your paper :) I also get a little peeved that hubby can lose weight so much faster than I but, unfortunately just a given!!!
Tacori-I bet you feel so much better having been off sugar for 6 days, it sure makes your body happier :)
Kimberly-I like the ignore the scale idea :)
marcy-bummer on the EC, but yay that class is over.
lliang-yuck on the food poisoning, I hope you are feeling back to normal now!
baby-go, go, go that is super exciting to be so close to a milestone :) Good luck!

As for me, I've had really awful allergies in the mornings(that's when all my workout classes are that I can attend)-so no classes last week, probably back to it tomorrow!

I have been really busy taking down wallpaper and cleaning up our yard-two of my favorite things
25.gif
The yard needs a few more days to get it whipped back into shape this spring-it was a tough winter on it and sooooo many leaves to rake(even though it was done in the fall too). I really want to get it all cleaned up and flowers planted before the bugs come out soon!!!

My diet has been good and I found a new snack that helps my cake cravings(I am gluten free)---peanut butter rice cake topped with peanut butter, a little marshmellow cream and half a banana :)

Have a great week all :)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Did a quasi hard hour on the hampster wheel this morning. Was supposed to be a HARD hour, but I wasn''t feeling it so much. Meh. And my new thing is bridges. Seriously, things things HAVE to be good for your a$$ because they make it so sore! My goal is 100 a day. So far (two days in a row, LOL!) I''m doing OK!

Ate pretty well yesterday but for some inexplicable reason I HAD HAD HAD to have half a can of niblets corn at 9:30 last night.
33.gif
Seriously?!?

Stepcutnut, taking down wallpaper and cleaning up the yard -- you''re a wild one!

Babysteps, good for you for being within 2 lbs of your "that''s as low as I got" weight!!!

Lliang, oooh, food poinsoning is NO FUN. You poor thing!

Marcy, yes, thanks for asking, my knee is actually doing OK. I *know* the clinical studies are inconclusive, but I SWEAR this glucosamine is helping!

Kimi, ignore the scale, it''s EVIL!

Tacori, WOW, 6 days of no sugar?! You''re my hero!

Paula, the XHH is in NH for a few days visiting his parents and he''s mad that he''s missing all the good weather back home here!

Addy, if you want to get back into running I would suggest you do intervals, i.e., walk for 1/2 mile, run for 1/2 mile, etc., and gradually lengethen the time you run vs. walk. For me that works better than just setting out at a full run and trying to keep it up the whole time.

Elmorton, come on over girlfriend! We''ll crack open a bottle of wine and enjoy the deck together!

Skippy, *pineapple* in the carrot cake -- that sounds YUMMY!

Bee, how did your exams go?

Shiny, thanks for the good luck wishes. Hopefully I''ll be more careful this time and I won''t hurt myself again!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! One exam down thankfully. It was ok, wasn''t brilliant but wasn''t bad either. I was really nervous beforehand so couldn''t eat much so am starving now. I went to the gym after the exam and that made me feel a bit less stressed. Hope you are all doing ok!

Skippy-glad you enjoyed jogging. I''d love to see pics of your little turtle! He sounds gorgeous.

El-I have the WW food scales and I find it very handy as it will point things for me at the same time as weighing them.

Paula-Exams all finish up on the 16th apart from an oral exam on the 27th. Nearly there! Best of luck finishing the paper!

Tacori-well done on losing some more! That''s great about Tessa moving into toddlers room! She must be getting so big!

Thanks Kimberly! Tacos sound good.

Thanks Marcy-sorry to hear that you weren''t contacted. That''s a pity.

Thanks lliang-sorry to hear about the food poisoning. Hope you''re doing ok now!

babysteps-sounds like you''re doing amazing! I hope that 2 lb is off soon!

stepcut-that snack sounds delicious. I keep reminding myself to buy peanutbutter but I always forget. Hope your allergies improve.

Exam was ok Dee*Jay. Next one is up on Friday! I know that "not feeling it" feeling that you can get when you''re exercising. I was like that last week.

Talk to you all later!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Dee-you gave me a giggle, a wild woman huh!?!?!

bee-glad you are one test down! Also, I make my peanut butter at home with my juicer(The Champion)---it turns out so yummy, not completely creamy(because I only run it through once)and it doesn't separate like the store bought natural PB!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in for a min.

Lliang, I got this one - http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Digital-Bathroom-Oversize-Platform/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1241542270&sr=8-1

I wanted to get one of those body fat ones, but my friend who is a trainer said that basic is best, and I think someone said this last week when I had the lousy weigh-in, but she also reiterated to weigh in the morning after going to the bathroom, and that''s a person''s "true" weight. She said that she thinks a better measurement of loss is to use a tape measure :)

Thanks for the food scale recs! Bee*, I''ll definitely take a look at the WW before my mtg on Weds. I definitely like the idea that you can do points on it, too. :)

This hasn''t been an easy week so far (is it seriously only Tuesday?). I''m frustrated with my house being torn up, and it''s the last week of class, so I always get a little neurotic (sad that classes are ending, freaked that I didn''t teach them enough, and it''s always chaotic anyway so I can''t remember everything I''m supposed to do!). Last night I totally did some emotional binging. Granted, since the food in our house is a lot healthier now, I was going to town on things like fiber muffins, but they still add up. So, I have a sneaking suspicion that this week won''t be a very productive weigh-in, either. I suppose a fresh slate starts on Wednesday, and I know I can do better in this coming week. Thankfully, this weekend doesn''t have any out of town visits, conferences, or any other catered food event, so I know I can manage my intakes a lot better. Also, my friend who is coming this weekend suggested going down to the riverside trail and renting bikes (the weather is supposed to be gorgeous!) and I''ve never done that, so hopefully I''ll be adding in some extra weekend activity that''s not scraping paint. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, I am just glad I lost my vacation weight. I through weeks ignoring the scale too. Hope the tacos were delish!

Marcy, as you know it is always good to see the scale budge. My little girl is growing up.
15.gif

lliang, girl I have had food poisoning before and it is HORRIBLE! You poor thing. Bet you lost some weight though
3.gif
6 days with no sugar was TOUGH. I tend to eat junk (sugar) when I am stressed which seems like I am stressed all the time.

baby, sounds like you are doing awesome. Hope those 2 lbs melt away quickly!

step, is it strange I didn''t feel any different?

Dee*Jay, it was tough. I thought about only allowing myself sugar on the weekends. We''ll see. I will have to look up to see what bridges are.

bee, she is getting so big. Makes me excited and sad at the same time.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bee, congrats on one exam down!

Dee*Jay, thanks for the recommendation. I''m doing a bit better than I thought. I google mapped what I ran and it''s close to 2 miles! I want to go further so walking for a 1/2 mile and then starting again is a great idea.

Babysteps, carrot cake is my biggest weakness! I love it. There''s a little lunch place by me that makes a great carrot cake, and lime cake, and brownies, and...

Elmorton, emotional eating sucks, doesn''t it? It''s like I never get fully, I''m not hungry, and I only crave junk. If I have too much sweet stuff then I want loads of salty stuff. I hope this week gets better for you!

Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, well today is my intervals class (sprinting, jump rope, weights w/lunges, bosu, push ups, planks etc). Today I went to the store and bought lots of flowers and planted them in 5 large pots; I love flowers during this time of year. I also found some cute silver hoops when I was a Target so that was fun.
1.gif
Well I hope everyone is enjoying spring where you are and have a wonderful day
35.gif
Oh p.s. thanks for the words of encouragement on me starting to jog; it gives me faith that I can do it do this race end of Jun! hehe

ELMORTON, the race benefits our after school running program for the public schools so I am excited to do it in June; let's see if I can though. hehe Oh yum, I never had turkey tacos but I bet they are delicious. Oh I love my digital scale; sounds like you are doing great!! I use it all the time; I have had mine probably 6 years and not a day goes by that I don't use it. Good for you!!! Have you discovered the Healthy Pop popcorn that is 1 pt for 5 cups? it is yummy!

ADDY, yay for 2 miles; that is awesome!!! Well my intervals class helped me build up my stamina w/all the sprinting/ jump rope so I thought why not throw sprints in my walk and I did and yesterday I did 1.5 mi which made me feel good and like , wow, I think I can do this. Sounds like you are doing fabulous!!! Any races you are going to sign up for?

PAULA, yum I love guac!! Men lose weight faster because they are more muscle than women; I know total bummer that men don't have to work as hard as us at it. Good luck on your paper!

TACORI, do you notice that you don't crave sweets as much? Awesome job woman!!! woo for your uber workouts!

KIMI, thanks for the encouragement friend; yay for lots of walking and a wonderful vacation. Do you like that cookbook?

MARCY, the perfect ec will come along. Yay for your last week of class!!!! How exciting! I will be jogging w/my BIL, but no marathons, I think I would die. hehe

LISA, oh you poor sweetie pie! Huge hugs and hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the encouragement, you are so sweet! Oh I thought of you because I was telling my BIL about the yummy Pho place and now he wants to try it this week. hehe

BABYSTEPS, oh I did the cabbage soup and southbeach, ick. Woo for weight training; and congrats on 2 lbs of busting tru a 10 yr low
36.gif
you will be there in no time.

STEPCUT, beautiful stone btw. thanks! yardwork and wallpaper is hard work! great job!

DEEJAY, you sounds like you are in awesome shape woman! Wow, 100 bridges, your booty will be in great shape!

BEE, oh I took pics; I will post them tonight. they are in found a turtle what do I do in hangout; I will give you the link. hehe Yay for one exam down, sending lots of luck! You will do great!!!! eta: here is the link he is super adorable and so little. How is Amber?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I felt like I craved them MORE. Like all I could think about was chocolate. Haha.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Happy New Week! I got back into town last week, after a weekend of family dinners and found I still lost a pound!! Woo hoo!!

I picked up my bridesmaid dress for my friend''s wedding this summer AND it''s at least 2 sizes too big!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results